Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Superman is a FTL = faster than light
    Cass has several super-sonic speed feats to her name, but so have Spider-Man and Daredevil to name a few...its not that uncomon...
    Besides, Cass and Tim got speed-blized and beaten badly by a speedster named Cricket, on the old Red Robin series, and his speed was natural, not from the speed-force.
    Huh... Spiderman is metahuman, i don't know what you are trying to prove here. I don't read Marvel, but i never heard people saying Daredevil can outrun a bullet.

Yes, not all speedsters got their power from the Speed force. Which makes the point to Cass being a meta even more acceptible.

But she can be a "normal human" even if doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

BANNED

Psssst.

Oliver has dodged bullets and shot arrows in the same fight sequence. Ask Red Hood.

So now that we can stop pretending that characters like Shiva can`t be touched (despite having already laid down a example where she was), can we just agree on the obvious comic book physics thingie that archery in the hands of a world`s best is something to worry about like so many other things? Thanks.

Can we also drop most of these peak human/meta stuff? Peak humans in comics (and oter media, just look at the absurd stunts Dominic Toretto pulls in the F&F franchise) do things that are impossible in real life. It`s no big deal, it`s like the human potential idealized. But Spider-man doesn`t even belong in the question. He`s most certainly superpowered. A "meta" if you will, ever since he was a teenager. There was never anything "street level" about him.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I think Bruce has just as many meta feats as Cass, or is at least close. The guy can run 5 miles in under 4 minutes, while also being able to bench over 600 pounds.
    Agreed. That's why I am not nearly as into the "realistic" Batman things as I was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of Beware the Batman, where Bruce was constantly looking for ways to sleep less...
    I didn't see that part. I didn't like the animation of that show enough to keep going. Even though I liked the Katana idea.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I know I'm probably in the minority, but I loathe the dodging bullets thing. No matter who does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Lol Cass can outrun a bullet and people say she is not a meta with a straight face.
    I'm with you guys on this. I don't see how reading people's body language equates to being fast enough to dodge bullets. If a character is meta fine but otherwise it makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

But she can be a "normal human" even if doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    She can unfortunately.

You wonder what point of it is.

There's a few fans that "say" stuff like "She's awesome because she shows what a determined trained ordinary human can do."

Er, no. It shows what a comic book character claimed to be human can be portrayed as doing if writer is happy to forget all scientific facts. And let's face it DC has plenty of those.

It's super hero comics for goodness sake...give your lead characters super powers, most certainly if you want them to dodge bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'm with you guys on this. I don't see how reading people's body language equates to being fast enough to dodge bullets. If a character is meta fine but otherwise it makes no sense
    I mean, I can buy "I can read where you're going to shoot and be out of the way when you pull the trigger." But actually dodging bullets - and the freaking sniper thing? Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. And then, of course, it gets brought up to beat up JTIV when he has Cass tranqed by the Coloney "Cass is jobbing" "Cass is nerfed." Well, yes. Cass is nerfed from the offensively superhuman silliness of a few issues of her otherwise solid solo series.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I suppose if you wanted to put some wonky science around the dafter DC martial arts feats, some equivalent of Iron Fists' Chi could be introduced to DC: say the "Yin force", an energy that can be tapped by any sufficiently trained martial artist, whether meta or not.

No worse, I'd suggest that the Speed Force or the emotional spectrum. Mind you, that's no great rec.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I suppose if you wanted to put some wonky science around the dafter DC martial arts feats, some equivalent of Iron Fists' Chi could be introduced to DC: say the "Yin force", an energy that can be tapped by any sufficiently trained martial artist, whether meta or not.

No worse, I'd suggest that the Speed Force or the emotional spectrum. Mind you, that's no great rec.
    The Speed Force and Emotional Spectrum used to make SOME sense. Then it got retconned that Barry created the Speed Force (STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID), and I don't even know what the supposed deal is with the emotional spectrum these days.

Also, you realize that if the "Yin force" was brought in, they'd start having the Bats do even crazier shit. Ex. Batman kicking Superman's ass without any tech or strategy. I can only imagine what Cass would become capable of. (Planet buster? lol)

Incredible Member

Meh,The bullet thing is more of a personal Suspension of disbelief problem.You either buy it or you dont.I mean some people cant take the idea of a little girl regularly taking out men twice her size seriously either.No matter now trained she is.

I can only imagine what Cass would become capable of. (Planet buster? lol)
    Ahahaha. Or like Shatterpoint from Star Wars Legends, where you could hit the one perfect spot and break the whole thing. "Cass punched the earth, and it cracked in half!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Meh,The bullet thing is more of a personal Suspension of disbelief problem.You either buy it or you dont.I mean some people cant take the idea of a little girl regularly taking out men twice her size seriously either.No matter now trained she is.
    True enough. I generally don't have a huge problem with the size thing, mostly because I've been taking the Batfamily in a more archetypical/spiritual reading rather than "Oh, man, that 90 pound girl can knock over all these massive armored dudes" way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ahahaha. Or like Shatterpoint from Star Wars Legends, where you could hit the one perfect spot and break the whole thing. "Cass punched the earth, and it cracked in half!"

True enough. I generally don't have a huge problem with the size thing, mostly because I've been taking the Batfamily in a more archetypical/spiritual reading rather than "Oh, man, that 90 pound girl can knock over all these massive armored dudes" way.
    I kinda wanna commission art of Cass destroying the world by punching it, now XD Maybe have Steph have her arms wrapped around Cass cheering her on.

And for the record, there ARE 90 pound girls who are well trained enough that they could take down guys twice their size. That part isn't fantasy.

Incredible Member

And for the record, there ARE 90 pound girls who are well trained enough that they could take down guys twice their size. That part isn't fantasy.
    Multiple guys at once? Who actually know how to fight?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Multiply guys at once? Who actually know how to fight?
    Most real-world fighters, regardless of size, would struggle with/get their ass kicked by multiple well trained opponents at once. Size isn't a factor.

Incredible Member

Most real-world fighters, regardless of size, would struggle with/get their ass kicked by multiple well trained opponents at once. Size isn't a factor.
    And yet Cass is able to do it and win without much trouble .

Point being no little girl would be able to to with Cass does.So getting upset by one aspect of it is a little silly.

I'd like to see an MMA fight between a 90 pound girl and a 180 pound dude, but murder isn't legal anywhere in the world as far as I know.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)