Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X books for May 2017

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../marvelmay.htm

UNCANNY AVENGERS #23

Gerry Duggan (W), Pepe Larraz (A), Ryan Stegman (C).

* After battling Ultron, the undead Hulk and Red Skull, the team desperately needs a rest, but they won't get it because Wonder Man is back!

* Guest starring several big brains from both the Avengers and the X-Men.

* Plus, Synapse tries to help a badly wounded teammate by entering their mind.

32 pages, $3.99.

JEAN GREY #1

Dennis Hopeless (W), Victor Ibanez (A), David Yardin (C), Shawn Crystal (VC), Leonard Kirk (VC), Marguerite Sauvage (VC), Stephanie Hans (VC), Dave Cockrum (VC).

When a teenage Jean Grey traveled through time and arrived in the present, she learned the terrible fate that befell her predecessor: Possessed by a cosmic entity called the Phoenix, Jean was trapped in an endless cycle of life and death. Determined to escape that future, Jean set out to write her own destiny. But now, she's visited by a premonition that the Phoenix is coming for her...and in this new ongoing series, she's going to fight tooth and nail to escape becoming its next victim!

32 pages, $3.99.

GENERATION X #1

Christina Strain (W), Amilcar Pinna (A), Terry Dodson (C), Kevin Wada (VC), John Tyler Christopher (VC), Leonard Kirk (VC), Rahzzah (VC), Bryan Hitch (VC).

* The Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach has opened its doors and is ready to foster the next generation of heroes and diplomats! But this time around, the X-Men recognize an unfortunate truth: not all mutants are created equal. Some mutants are not made to fight Sentinels or serve as ambassadors on behalf of their kind. Some mutants will just be lucky to survive another day in a world that hates and fears them. And who better to mentor mutantkind's lovable losers than perpetual sidekick Jubilee? But will Jubilee and Generation X survive the experience??

32 pages, $3.99.

GENERATION X #2

Christina Strain (W), Amilcar Pinna (A), Terry Dodson (C), John Tyler Christopher (VC).

* The Xavier Institute is put on lockdown when mutant-hunting Purifiers infiltrate the campus!

* And even though Jubilee's charges are ordered out of harm's way, some of her students can't help but enter the line of fire.

* Class has only been in session for one day, and Generation X is about to learn some important lessons the hard way...

32 pages, $3.99.

CABLE #1

James Robinson (W), Carlos Pacheco (A), Dale Keown (C), Adam Kubert (VC), Billy Martin (VC), Whilce Portacio (VC), Leonard Kirk (VC), John Tyler Christopher (VC), Mike Choi (VC).

* Cable sees the mighty mutant return on a brand-new mission...with all of time in the balance! When Cable picks up the trail of a threat in the timestream, he sets off on a high-speed, history-spanning chase to save reality as we know it. From prehistory to modern day, whether it's a six-gun duel at high noon or a high-tech sword fight in an ancient land, Cable is the only man who can keep history from unraveling!

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #7

Gerry Conway (W), Ryan Stegman (A/C)

* Magneto strikes!

* The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants has defeated the X-Men...

* ...and now it's up to the Spider-Family to stop them!

32 pages, $3.99.

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #17

Joe Kelly (W), Ed McGuinness (A/C)

* Patient Zero and Itsy Bitsy have been killing in Spider-Man and Deadpool's names.

* This has sent Spider-Man into a tailspin.

* Deadpool's only hope is to get to Spidey before the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man does something very un-friendly.

32 pages, $3.99.

BLACK PANTHER AND THE CREW #2

Ta-Nehisi Coates (W), Yona Harvey (W), Butch Guice (A), John Cassaday (C), Mike Del Mundo (VC).

* Misty Knight continues investigating how and why Ezra Keith, a Harlem community pillar and civil rights activist, died in police custody, now with the help of one of Ezra's former proteges, Storm of the X-Men.

* The two women soon discover that the neighborhood is under siege by a threat much bigger than they'd imagined...

* Luckily, help arrives in the form of a friend from Storm's past.

32 pages, $3.99.

AMERICA #3

Gabby Rivera (W), Joe Quinones (A/C), Tradd Moore (VC), Ramon Villalobos (VC).

* Welcome to the X-Men, America -- hope you survive the experience!

* The fate of Lisa Halloran lies in the hands of America Chavez super fans! And they don't take kindly to rejection...

* America will have to punch her way in to save her girlfriend, but when a jump goes wrong, she ends up stuck in the past! Can that era's Storm and the X-Men help her find her way, or are they too busy protecting a world that hates and fears them?

* But all that's just the glitter on top. Who is the shadowy figure watching America's every move?

32 pages, $3.99.

X-MEN: GOLD #3

Marc Guggenheim (W), Ardian Syaf (A/C), J. Scott Campbell (VC).

* The climatic showdown between the X-Men and the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!

* Who will be left standing after the world's mightiest mutants throw down?

* And when the dust settles, not everything is as it seems...

32 pages, $3.99.

X-MEN: GOLD #4

Marc Guggenheim (W), R.B. Silva (A), cover by Ardian Syaf (C).

* Mutantkind's dearest delinquent is back!

* Gambit is up to his old tricks -- namely, getting in over his head...

* But will the X-Men be able to pull their prodigal prowler out of the fire when things finally get too hot for the ragin' Cajun?

32 pages, $3.99.

X-MEN: BLUE #3

Cullen Bunn (W), Jorge Molina (A), Arthur Adams (C), Dan Mora (VC).

* A classic X-Men story...With a twist!

* The X-Men and Sentinels get along like a house on fire...

* ...until the X-Men meet a group of Sentinels asking for help.

* What could these old foes want? And where do they come from? And why are they calling themselves...mutants?

32 pages, $3.99.

X-MEN: BLUE #4

Cullen Bunn (W), Julian Lopez (A), Arthur Adams (C).

* SNIKT.

* SNIKT.

* SNIKT.

32 pages, $3.99.

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #20

Tom Taylor (W), Leonard Kirk (A), Adam Kubert (C), Leonard Kirk (VC), Helen Chen (VC).

The "Race Against Time" continues!

* Wolverine's got a brand-new suit, but she's the same claw-popping, sarcastic-quipping, efficient hero that we know and love.

* But now that the sickness is spreading, to what lengths will Laura go to help the people in danger?

32 pages, $3.99.

WEAPON X #3

Greg Pak (W), Greg Land (A/C), Dan Mora (VC).

* Enter: Domino!

* The mysterious director of the Weapon X Program has chosen it's next target: the Soldier of Good Fortunes known as Domino.

* If Old Man Logan and Sabretooth barely survived attacks by Weapon X's new monsters, how will Domino fare -- without the help of an enhanced healing factor or Adamantium skeleton? She'll need a little luck...

32 pages, $3.99.

OLD MAN LOGAN #23

Jeff Lemire (W), Eric Nguyen (A), Andrea Sorrentino (C), Greg Land (VC), Bill Sienkiewicz.

* Logan is still trapped in time...

* ...one minute he's Patch, stalking the streets of Madripoor, the next, he's reliving the glory days in the X-Men.

* ...meanwhile, back in the present, Asmodeus' true plan for Logan's trapped body is revealed! Can Logan fight his way back before the plan succeeds?

32 pages, $3.99.

OLD MAN LOGAN #24

Jeff Lemire (W), Eric Nguyen (A), Andrea Sorrentino (C), Greg Land (VC), Dan Panosian (VC).

* The blockbuster climax to the epic "Past Lives" event!

* The event no true Wolverine fan wants to miss has all led to this moment!

* After re-living his very long life, Old Man Logan finds himself in the Wastelands...

* ...but can he force himself to let history repeat itself?

32 pages, $3.99.

DEADPOOL #30

Gerry Duggan (W), Mike Hawthorne (A/C), Scott Koblish (VC), Ron Lim (VC), David Nakayama (VC).

* Deadpool goes to space!

* Things aren't great in Deadpool's life recently, but he thinks he might know a solution...one found in the inky blackness of deepest, darkest outer space!

* Man, when Deadpool gets away from it all, he doesn't fool around!

* This issue features one massive 80-page story by Gerry Duggan and Mike Hawthorne taking Deadpool to the edge of the Marvel Cosmos and back! It's practically an OGN!

96 pages, $9.99.

DEADPOOL VS. THE PUNISHER #3 & 4

Fred Van Lente (W), Pere Perez (A, #3VC), Declan Shalvey (VC).

* Deadpool has trouble being frank...

* And Frank Castle has trouble being dead.

32 pages, $3.99.

SPIDER-GWEN #20

Jason Latour (W), Robbi Rodriguez (A/C)

* Who is the Earth-65 Wolverine???

32 pages, $3.99.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-21-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Uncanny Avengers continues!

Another $9.99 Deadpool book is absolutely ridiculous. Especially in a month where the book double ships.

And DAMN they're really making us wait until June for Iceman.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Great to see Gambit back! Can`t wait for May

LOL, at X Blue #4. I remeber joking at April solitics that Wolverine was on all X covers so we need him to guest appear in Blue)))

Er, you realise that could be Laura, right?

Damn! Those Adam Kubert covers for both Cable and All New Wolverine are fire. Makes me wish we'd get them together on a team at some point, preferably drawn by Kubert or someone equally as talented. Good stuff.

And Weapon X already guest-starring in Totally Awesome Hulk? I suppose the book's sales could use a boost.

Not sure what's up with Logan in X-men: Blue. That solicit is ominous and, combined with the solicits for Old Man Logan does kind of paint a picture of 616 Logan coming back. I'm betting we get an announcement about that soon since Old Man Logan is ending as of May. They may opt not to continue the series if they're bringing back real Logan this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Er, you realise that could be Laura, right?
    Look at the cover. Clearly a man's hand with three hand claws.

GENERATION X #2

Christina Strain (W), Amilcar Pinna (A), Terry Dodson (C), John Tyler Christopher (VC).

* The Xavier Institute is put on lockdown when mutant-hunting Purifiers infiltrate the campus!

* And even though Jubilee's charges are ordered out of harm's way, some of her students can't help but enter the line of fire.

* Class has only been in session for one day, and Generation X is about to learn some important lessons the hard way...
    I'd find it a lot more compelling if some of the kids who actually had a score to settle with the Purifiers were involved in this cast. Why do so many writers pretend that the New X-Men don't even exist?

Oh, well. At least it's not another $5 first issue.

Incredible Member

X-MEN: BLUE #4

Cullen Bunn (W), Julian Lopez (A), Arthur Adams (C).

* SNIKT.

* SNIKT.

* SNIKT.

32 pages, $3.99.
    Whuaaaat???

Did I miss the Iceman solicit? Are they saving his for June for some reason?

My god, the Itsy Bitsy arc is still going? I'm glad I dropped that book.

RYV universe is awesome.

I'm guessing OML finds out that the o5 are working with Magneto in secret.

BANNED

^^ Must be! There's no Iceman solicit.

I think he's also missing from the Secret Empire variant of heroes fighting villains.

Anyway, looking at these solicits, I'm gonna have to get a second job haha. Gen X is the only one that I'm not excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Did I miss the Iceman solicit? Are they saving his for June for some reason?
    You didn't miss it. I can't believe they're dragging it behind every other solo!

Oh no.... Merc$ is missing

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You didn't miss it. I can't believe they're dragging it behind every other solo!
    I know... first one announced, last one released.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    My god, the Itsy Bitsy arc is still going? I'm glad I dropped that book.
    Yeah because of all the guest writers and the Deadpool event, this book suffered big time. It should have just been a maxi. Let Kelly and McGuinness tell their story and end it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd find it a lot more compelling if some of the kids who actually had a score to settle with the Purifiers were involved in this cast. Why do so many writers pretend that the New X-Men don't even exist?

Oh, well. At least it's not another $5 first issue.
    No kidding. I don't think ANY group of mutants has more reason to hate the Purifiers than the New X-Men. This should be their story.

BANNED

Since when is X-23 a "sarcastic-quipping" character? I thought people hated that when Bendis and Hopeless do it. Or is it okay if she does it in a solo book?