Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC May 2017 Solicitations

My highlights:

TITANS #11
    Written by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy and Christopher Priest, art and variant cover by Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund, cover by Mike McKone.
    "The Lazarus Contract" part one! When Deathstroke discovers that Wally West's return holds the key to bringing his son back from the dead, he'll stop at nothing to do just that! Don't miss the debut chapter of the epic crossover event that you've been waiting for!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 10.

TEEN TITANS #8
    Written by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy and Christopher Priest, art by Khoi Pham and Wade Von Grawbadger, cover by Mike McKone, variant cover by Phil Jimenez.
    "The Lazarus Contract" part two! The Teen Titans collide with the Titans after both groups are targeted by the World's Deadliest Assassin -- Deathstroke! But when Robin interrogates Nightwing about his history with Deathstroke, dark secrets are revealed and alliances are broken!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 17.

DEATHSTROKE #19
    Written by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy and Christopher Priest, art by Carlo Pagulayan and Jason Paz, cover by Mike McKone, variant cover by Tony S. Daniel.
    "The Lazarus Contract" part three! Will Slade succeed in reuniting with his son even at the risk of cataclysmic disaster? Or will the Titans and the Teen Titans be fast enough to stop him from changing the world as we know it? Find out what happens when the World's Deadliest Assassin becomes the Fastest Man Alive!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 24.

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL: THE LAZARUS CONTRACT #1
    Written by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy and Christopher Priest, art by Carlo Pagulayan and Jason Paz, cover by Mike McKone, variant cover by Tony S. Daniel.
    "The Lazarus Contract" finale! The conclusion to our epic crossover is here, the consequences of which will be felt for years to come! What does the future hold for the Titans teams after this game-changing run-in with their greatest enemy? Find out here as we set the stage for the next era of Titans, Teen Titans and Deathstroke!
    48 pages, $4.99, in stores on May 31.

Titans.

BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #1
    Written by Lee Allred, art and cover by Michael Allred, variant covers by James Harvey, Paul Pope.
    An all-new Young Animal miniseries begins! Forager is just one of the Hive before he breaks out of his cocoon and finds himself in a mysterious house in an unknown realm. There he meets all kinds of strange creatures: a ghostly girl, a talking teddy bear and otherworldly weirdos that have literally jumped out of his worst nightmares. But these interdimensional oddballs are nothing compared to the evil General Electric, who is on the hunt for a reality-bending metal that could alter the fabric of life itself. To stay one step ahead of him and preserve the multiverse, Forager must travel through alternate dimensions to seek the metal and, hopefully, catch up with that cagey stuffed bear. If he does it, will he finally be able to distinguish himself as a New God? DC's Young Animal celebrates Jack Kirby's centenary with this new six-issue miniseries.
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 10.

Allred. Kirby creations. Reeces Pieces!

BATMAN '66 MEETS WONDER WOMAN '77 #5
    Written by Jeff Parker and Marc Andreyko, art by David Hahn and Karl Kesel, cover by Michael Allred.
    The action heats up in 1970s Gotham City as the Amazon Princess arrives in Man's World in search of her old ally, Batman! Instead, she finds a new hero: a motorcycle-riding daredevil with a familiar face and a new crime-fighting costume!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 24.

Nightwing '77. 'Nuff said!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder what the "moment fans have been waiting for since DCU: Rebirth" that they're teasing in JLA #11 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I wonder what the "moment fans have been waiting for since DCU: Rebirth" that they're teasing in JLA #11 is.
    Aw hell--I'll go there.

I genuinely enjoyed Hitch's last issue of Justice League, the one titled "Regroup." The characterization was spot-on, the dialogue was sharp and Hitch turned in *GASP* good artwork!

I'm cautiously optimistic that his run just might finally be turning a corner.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ugh, Blockbuster in Nightwing.

I'm pumped for the WW books, but that first solicit tells us nothing. "Cale misses her daughter and is pissed at WW." Ok, thanks, figured that one out already.

Action Comics #979-980
    Aquaman #22-23
    Batman #22-23
    Blue Beetle #9
    Cyborg #12
    Deathstroke #18-19 (Lazarus Contract--YES!!!)
    Detective Comics #956-957
    Fall & Rise of Captain Atom #5
    The Flash #22-23
    Green Arrow #22-23
    Green Lanterns #22-23
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #20-21
    Justice League #20-21 (Hitch drawing both issues? And the cover looks good? Damn, I'm impressed!)
    JLA #6-7
    Nightwing #20-21 (Blockbuster's back--very cool.)
    Supergirl #9
    Superman #22-23
    Titans #11 (Lazarus Contract--YES!!!)
    Teen Titans #8 and Annual #1(Lazarus Contract--YES!!!)
    Trinity #9
    Wonder Woman #22-23 and Annual #1
    Nightwing action figure
    Supergirl action figure

I've been really liking Rebirth but honestly...the only thing that really catches my eye here is the Titans crossover...that makes me kind of sad. Obviously I'm still going to read some of my favs like Aquaman, Trinity, RHATO, etc but idk...

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

hmmm...hopefully something mildly interesting that at least connects to the plot started in the rebirth one shot. Brian Hitch's JLA is been terrible at least from my perspective, it's like it inhibits its own little chunk of the DCU, so if it's finally ditching that and connecting to Rebirth in some way I may actually pick it up.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

I'm gonna try to ignore my dislike for Blockbuster...
    Anyway Super Sons looks fun, it might be one of my new favorite comics if they keep up the good work.

I think I'll be dropping All star Batman.
    Stephanie brown is gonna do what?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Am I supposed to take this kid seriously?
    Otherwise, it looks like a light month for me, DC wise.

Astonishing Member

I'm not overly fond of reviving the Blockbuster stuff, but that said, I thought Seeley's Grayson Annual with Superman and Blockbuster was assuredly my favorite story that I've ever read with Blockbuster in it. Also Fist of Cain! So if there's any connection whatsoever to that I'll be okay. Still, Grayson's time in Bludhaven does feel like it's treading water little until something major goes down by revisiting some 'best hits'. But yeah, Seeley's subverted my expectations before and all it takes is a cool look from a new angle to salvage characters I find a bit rote.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member

Since this is Ryan Choi's book, my first thought is what happened to Ray Palmer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    I've been really liking Rebirth but honestly...the only thing that really catches my eye here is the Titans crossover...that makes me kind of sad. Obviously I'm still going to read some of my favs like Aquaman, Trinity, RHATO, etc but idk...
    It does feel like a lot of books are just treading water right now. Hopefully DC doesn't get complacent after Rebirth's success.

BANNED

yeah say what you will about marvel but at least in their insanity to shake up things up the time we get some crazy concepts and ideas

DC Rebirth seems to have settled down a bit and since we already know what to expect and what Rebirth has to offer there's nothing really new or hypeworthy to speak of

Damn those Deathstroke spoilers!