Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

This is certainly the best period for dc in a long time, and with the rebirth/watchmen story still catching intrigue, I would say it's been very good not to mention the quality of several of books atm. Not to mention their promising start to wildstorm last week either , as long as dc don't get sucked into the hype and stick to their plan, we should be alright at least for the moment.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Marvel has been giving their readers hype or in reality a "what the hell are they doing now" feeling compared to DC who is doing things slowly. I lIke what DC is doing but they do need more titles that would bring their hype back up.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    The Lazarus Contract.
    Oh! LOL! I thought you were being sarcastic, but you were actually exaggerating for dramatic effect.

So sorry I misunderstood.

And I sure hope you're right!

I'm still really enjoying the whole Rebirth thing.

Most of the books I've been reading just keep getting better as time goes on. The newer additions that I'm also getting have been pretty good too.

I'm pretty psyched for the Judas Contract and Batman\Flash x-over as well.

Answering the OP's question of why the supposed disparity in discussion between Marvel and DC is easy though.

When people are unhappy, they complain.

When people are happy, they tend to just quietly enjoy it.

DC is doing good and it's fans are happy.

Marvel kinda sucks so their fans are complaining.

That's it really.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Marvel has been giving their readers hype or in reality a "what the hell are they doing now" feeling compared to DC who is doing things slowly. I lIke what DC is doing but they do need more titles that would bring their hype back up.
    I Could deal with another supernatural book since Hellblazer by itself doesn't seem to be digging into that well of Supernatural DC Heroes And Villains that great by itself

Yeah, it has. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We're arriving at the point where we see if it succeeds on quality alone, without the aid of being new. If it can, then the new car smell hype being gone witll be irrelevant. If it doesn't...well, cross that road when it comes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not yet...

The new phase has just started...
    The first trades have just started appearing in bookstores...
    The JSA and Legion plots are about to move forward...
    The Button is about to happen...
    Lazarus Contract is about to happen...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

I don't think so, because I see this as the end of Phase 1. They said this was going to be a two-year build, and we're nearing the end of year one. A lot of this has so far been about laying the groundwork to go forward, establishing the new status quo and all that. It's how they handle year two that will determine how much steam is left. The central mystery will hopefully start picking up in more than just the Superman books and the Button crossover, and we already know there are more Rebirths still to happen, so there are still more pieces to be put in play.

What's really helped is that pretty much all of the books have been good, telling DC stories about familiar DC characters.

I believe DC Rebirth is still strong with the hype among fans and the comic community especially after the announcement of the crossovers of The Button and The Lazarus Contract. Which then leads me to ask these: Do I need to read anything in particular before reading The Button? I'm now reading Batman Rebirth (but I skipped a lot of issues, I'm now re-starting with the I am Bane arc). And as for Lazarus Contract, do I need to read every issue of Titans Rebirth since it has been released? I've been reading Deathstroke until now though.

Extraordinary Member

Not yet, but if it doesn't deliver on this larger Rebirth mystery, it sure will. I mean, so far we have so many hints and implications that DC is straight up saying to their readers "time is NOT as it should be." We have the flagship character of the DCU straight up remembering Pre-Flashpoint in its entirety, one of the Flashes remembering Pre-Flashpoint at least in part (with the writer saying he thinks Wally will be remembering more as time goes on), several things of the New 52 being sneakily undone, an upcoming crossover with Batman and Flash that looks to be returning to Flashpoint, a hooded figure going around the DCU abducting people and apparently who also has knowledge of the Pre-Flashpoint reality.

So...we know that the end of Rebirth is probably going to be something that amends the history of the DCU to be at least closer to how it was right before Flashpoint. DC's just being too slow about it.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-21-2017 at 11:54 PM.

I think it's still going pretty strong, but the 3.99 price is going to push me away from most, if not all, the monthly books. I don't want a digital copy for an extra buck, ya know?

I also wonder when we will get new creative teams. The same writers have been on the books the whole time. I think most of the twice-monthly books are well written, though. I feel like Vendetti has been on GL for way too long, but other than that, most of the stories are good and moving forward.

BANNED

Harley Quinn shouldn't even be double shipping...I'd reserve that for the popular books that can make great use of such tactics

but harley? her stories are usually so over the top braindead that having an extra issue every month to pad out the madness doesn't make a difference

It'd be like if squirrel girl double shipped over at marvel there's no urgency or reason to have mutiple issues coming out at once

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Harley Quinn shouldn't even be double shipping...I'd reserve that for the popular books that can make great use of such tactics

but harley? her stories are usually so over the top braindead that having an extra issue every month to pad out the madness doesn't make a difference

It'd be like if squirrel girl double shipped over at marvel there's no urgency or reason to have mutiple issues coming out at once
    Uh, sales are the reason. Harley is now one of DC's biggest sellers. Personally, I wouldn't buy her book twice a month (not even monthly), but just because it isn't my thing, doesn't mean there isn't a huge demand for it and shouldn't be published.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Wonder Woman, Titans, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow and Justice League of America are all better than they've been in a long time. Hal Jordan and Aquaman are maintaining quality at the very least. Just because DC doesn't have a mega crossover doesn't mean things are looking down. I'm still much more happy with Rebirth than I was with the New 52.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Oh! LOL! I thought you were being sarcastic, but you were actually exaggerating for dramatic effect.

So sorry I misunderstood.

And I sure hope you're right!
    Hahua
    Send to my country ten comics 70 US$