Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Has DC Rebirth Already lost it's hype and wonderous feelings of excitement?

a few people noted in the thread for the may solicits that it seems like a lot of the books are just wandering around aimlessly with no particular direction to go

we all remember last year when rebirth was announced and when it first began we were all excited and hyped to see what DC was gonna do to bring the fans back and get discussions about DC Comics back into Shops and message boards

but now? DC Rebirth is still considered a success and lots of fans are still buying but the excitement has lessend and there's not as much hypeworthy material to go around

even with the terrible stuff Marvel Fans have plenty of new stuff to discuss and talk about

but DC Fans don't seem to have anything except the same stuff to talk about....there's nothing really game changing

The Button crossover will run into May and the Lazarus Contract will be taking place in May. Both of these have generated pages of discussion before the solicits were even out.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Not with me. I can't remember the last time DC was this great. Would probably have to go back to the late 80's early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    The Button crossover will run into May and the Lazarus Contract will be taking place in May. Both of these have generated pages of discussion before the solicits were even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Not with me. I can't remember the last time DC was this great. Would probably have to go back to the late 80's early 90's.
    Same here.

And just look at all the positive opinion pieces retailers have been submitting to Bleeding Cool in praise of DC rebuffing Marvel's allegation that shops had money tied up returnable DC titles. Go to BleedingCool.com and read some of them. So far, I count at least 4 or 5 and all but 1 praised DC for making books returnable, getting their books out on time and that sales on all their DC books are way up from a year ago. One retailer even said that Green Arrow now outsells all Marvel books at his shop.

DC is still firing on all cylinders. I'm having to drop a couple books only because my pull list is maxed out and I just don't have time to read everything I'm collecting from DC anymore. In fact, I'll be adding more DC books over the spring and summer: JSA Rebirth and LSH Rebirth once they're scheduled, the DC Summer crossover featuring Batman by Snyder and Capullo. That's 3 more books right there and there will probably be more.

I haven't bought this many DC titles and been this excited about DC's future in 6 years.

I don't think so. They just launched 3 very hype-worthy books (JLA, Batwoman and Super Sons), plus The Wild Storm and Young Animal continues to be exciting and fresh. Core titles like Batman, Superman and 'Tec are also generating some pretty respectable buzz.
    I do agree there are some books that could be a lot better like Hitch's JL, Trinity and Titans, but hopefully the upcoming Lazarus Contract crossover will bring some life to Titans and now there's another JL book with more promise than Hitch's.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquaman is great and the Young Animal titles are rocking.

I'm still loving most DC Rebirth titles that I started with. Dropped all Marvel titles except Uncanny Avengers though.

Yeah, I dropped Marvel as well quite awhile ago. They need to get better writers soon the way they are sinking according to reports.

Four comic's that will beget bankruptcy filings.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Four comic's that will beget bankruptcy filings.
    Um, what in the hell are you talking about?

No way, it started out really hyped and it's still chugging along as it has been slowly revealing what's going on with the mystery of this event as well not to mention as they build up to the return of characters that have been missed like the JSA or the Legion of Superheroes.

Not to mention the stories have all been amazing quality wise and like I said with the hype it has stayed pretty consistent.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I am just having comic fatigue. Got a child on the way, #2, and am wondering if its even worth it to keep buying comics.. but.. I like Supes and AC, even though I am dropping JLA, Super Sons, and Lucifer tomorrow.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Um, what in the hell are you talking about?
    The Lazarus Contract.

Mighty Member

DC as a WHOLE hasn't been this good in ages. Young Animal, Wildstorm, and Rebirth? All top notch. Even Vertigo has a few decent titles (Clean Room and Unfollow). Now, if DC can pump out a Milestone line, all will be well.

Incredible Member

That plus the mystery of what is actually happening with Superman in Reborn.

Also, we've been discussing what's going to happen with DC continuity over and over.