Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think what he is saying is too many folks ignored the BAD of the New 52 and buried their heads in the sand.

When books like Static had issues-the main reply was WHO CARES until those issues started hurting way more books.

Or characters like Cyborg, Static, Jaime Reyes and even Huntress lost what made them interesting and excluding Huntress became WORST under New 52.

Also you have New 52 being used as a weapon to get rid of guys someone didn't like. Mainly Wally, John Stewart and two ex-Batgirls.

Problem with that mind set of I am in Charge-I will FORCE you to like who I WANT you to like-FOLKS LEAVE. And lead by Wally West (real), John Stewart, Cassanra Cain, Teen Titans, Tim Drake fans-that was going to happen because folks were tired.

Folks were trying to warn everyone about issues with New 52 but the "I got mine-screw you" mind set was running wild in some fanbases.

Which eventually hurt DC You books-because by the time they showed up-do you support them or not? Because previous antics under New 52 made you wonder why both in some cases.

Rebirth is about regaining fans trust after New 52 told many to get LOST. Not for a story line but for GOOD.

Now the one major difference I am seeing is in the used book bins-Justice League & Batman books are filling them up WAY too quick. Normally I would see that after the first trade. The only books now that I haven't seen are WW, All New Superman, Flash, All Star Batman, Harley, Titans, Mother Night, Teen Titans & Green Arrow.

It's like a bunch of guys just bought the books and sold them the next day. And what is the issue with Justice League & Batman books? Its mainly those two-I mean complete RUNS.
    Any era is going to have characters that fall by the wayside though. That's just a result of having more popular characters than you can produce books. And fans of those characters will inevitably be angry. I love Zatanna and she isn't to be seen in Rebirth so far. The whole supernatural verse is much more ignored now than in N52. But now I'm getting Stephanie Brown spotlighted who wasn't around much in N52. It's just cyclical. Read the characters you like when their books are coming out, then wait for their return while they aren't.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think what he is saying is too many folks ignored the BAD of the New 52 and buried their heads in the sand.

When books like Static had issues-the main reply was WHO CARES until those issues started hurting way more books.

Or characters like Cyborg, Static, Jaime Reyes and even Huntress lost what made them interesting and excluding Huntress became WORST under New 52.

Also you have New 52 being used as a weapon to get rid of guys someone didn't like. Mainly Wally, John Stewart and two ex-Batgirls.

Problem with that mind set of I am in Charge-I will FORCE you to like who I WANT you to like-FOLKS LEAVE. And lead by Wally West (real), John Stewart, Cassanra Cain, Teen Titans, Tim Drake fans-that was going to happen because folks were tired.

Folks were trying to warn everyone about issues with New 52 but the "I got mine-screw you" mind set was running wild in some fanbases.

Which eventually hurt DC You books-because by the time they showed up-do you support them or not? Because previous antics under New 52 made you wonder why both in some cases.

Rebirth is about regaining fans trust after New 52 told many to get LOST. Not for a story line but for GOOD.

Now the one major difference I am seeing is in the used book bins-Justice League & Batman books are filling them up WAY too quick. Normally I would see that after the first trade. The only books now that I haven't seen are WW, All New Superman, Flash, All Star Batman, Harley, Titans, Mother Night, Teen Titans & Green Arrow.

It's like a bunch of guys just bought the books and sold them the next day. And what is the issue with Justice League & Batman books? Its mainly those two-I mean complete RUNS.
    If that was the other guy's point then he didn't make it particularly (or indeed at all) eloquently.

I'm not entirely sure what fans are supposed to do in situations like that though. Were fans of the Teen Titans expecting us to all boycott Aquaman or Wonder Woman because their TT title was consistently rubbish during the New 52 era? It's not a case of burying heads in the sand, or having a 'screw-you' attitude. What were they expecting from us? DC's editorial policy wasn't something that was in our hands. You do realise that DC has more characters than they'll ever possibly be able to do proper justice to right? It was only yesterday that I read similar negative comments from a Hawkman fan about Rebirth. I can understand people feeling left out or excluded from the New 52, totally. It was certainly a bad period for fans of the real Wally. How does a butt-hurt fan blaming a fellow DC fan for his or her own personal sense of injustice help matters though?

I'm sorry but I don't follow your last point about used book bins. Can you elaborate on that?

GearsOfProphets

Since Rebirth began I have increased my pull list exponentially! Even to the point where I am now actively discussing titles on forums (Never done that before) I liked Batman N52 some great story lines in there
    Like TV series at some point you have to introduce new stories characters or remove some characters its just natural story progression we can only hope that the writers which DC have got spot on with the rebirth titles will go on a path that is true to the Characters ethos.
    Also When they announced Rebirth they discussed that it was going to be about building the characters and stories whilst keeping a few mysteries simmering away.. like Jokers real name I am immensely intrigued how they would reveal that whilst not ruining Jokers psychosis.
    As long as they don't do minority report...sorry Civil War II I am down with it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GearsOfProphets View Post
    like Jokers real name I am immensely intrigued how they would reveal that whilst not ruining Jokers psychosis
    They're not. The Joker reveal turned out to be that there were 3 Jokers running around the DCU, each representing three different parts of the DCU canon: Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Been reading DC since the mid-80's and apart from Wonder Woman and Green Arrow stopped everything else in The New 52 as I found the storytelling utterly honking.

Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League, and Teen Titans were all favourites of mine most of my life and New 52 killed that.

What should I be picking up?
    Superman, Batman, Action, Detective, All-Star Batman, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke (seriously), JLA, Titans, Batwoman, Superwoman, and Trinity. I'm reading (and loving) each of the above and also picking up Super Sons, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hal Jordan and the GLC, Green Lanterns, and The Flash, each of which I like fine just not as much as the ones in the above list, each of which I highly recommend.

I'm also picking up all of Young Animal and I can't get enough of it. Especially Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl.