Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Long gone the days when CBR was a nice little indie site operated by Jonah Weiland out of his apartment.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Long gone the days when CBR was a nice little indie site operated by Jonah Weiland out of his apartment.

Long gone are the days when it was nice site. Period.

For god's sake, they're running articles on the top 15 superhero memes now!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Indeed, I was one of the original posters here (went by the name Jeeb) and man it was THE site to go to back in the day. No click bait garbage, great columns. Was an absolute gem amongst all the comic sites at the time. Now I just go here for the comic previews.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Brian Cronin is the last of the regular columnists here. But I still have a hard time pulling up the archive so I can find older columns. I can't find Brian Hibbs input from the viewpoint of an comic shop owner. It's like a new article must appear every 10 minutes and push everything down.

I think a lot of the regular columnists left for other venues or maybe weren't invited to contribute.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but Hibbs' "Tilting at Windmills" is still running on another site somewhere.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I haven't read the 'Buy Pile' in months. Every Thursday I would check it out.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the news site is ****. But the forum is still good...

I hate how readily they post spoilers without warning. Sometimes even spoiling stuff before an episode of a TV show they cover airs on the West Coast.

Mighty Member

Some of the "top 10" style lists are funny. But, most of them are pretty tedious and rely on over-selling a point ("this toy would be banned!!!").

Beyond the content, another problem is that the page is bogged down with intrusive advertising that often interrupts the articles.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hate how readily they post spoilers without warning. Sometimes even spoiling stuff before an episode of a TV show they cover airs on the West Coast.
    Tell me about it. I foolishly opened an article and had season 3 of The Flash spoiled for me (I'm only on episode 10). Thanks, CBR.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yeah, the news site is ****. But the forum is still good...
    the forum is nice. it's the only reason I still come back. sure, I used to read the columns by Steve Grant and Warren Ellis every week - but that was a long time ago!

This deserves it's own thread, but could they stop posting items on the Home Page THAT SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! on the day it comes out!!
    Not everyone sees the movie the first day. Articles that start "Did Thanos...." can give away major events in the movie.
    ...just stop!!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wow. It's already hinting at the general "How" of Deadpool 2's ending.

Is it even officially out in the States yet?

I hate the movie articles, they clog up the front page, screaming at you "There's a movie out, have you seen it? No, well screw you, here are about 10 articles which will spoil it for you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This deserves it's own thread, but could they stop posting items on the Home Page THAT SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! on the day it comes out!!
    Not everyone sees the movie the first day. Articles that start "Did Thanos...." can give away major events in the movie.
    ...just stop!!
    "Did Thanos" what? Wipe? Flush? Wash his hands after using the bathroom?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."