Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Given that there are not any articlesworth reading any longer, giving up on the front page is not really hard.
    Just reminiscing about the former great work makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Yeeah, think I'm done here too. The political spin on the articles really turned me off but the ad blocker shut-out did me in completely.
    What political spin has their been on the articles?

You complain about it being "progressive" which probably means I wouldn't be bothered by the spin - and would therefore be less likely to notice it - but I really haven't noticed any political spin here. Over in Bleeding Cool, yeah, but not here.

All-New Member

Thumbs up Enough with the Ridiculous Lists - Tiresome and Getting Out of Hand

Aside from Brian Cronin, when is CBR going to get actual comics journalism again and get rid of the damn lists? This site used to have great news, columns, articles, and features now its nothing but an endless site of clickbait lists. 15 of this, 7-8 of that its just stupid.

CBR you have hit a NEW LOW with lists like:

"Doing IT: 15 Times Someone Doinked A Clown (In Comics)",
    "15 Star Wars Character Cosplays That Shouldn’t Be Titillating (But Totally Are)"
    "Up Your Arsenal: The 15 Most Gratifying Bedroom Weapons"

WTH? Is this site run by junior high boys? CBR you have really cheapened yourself with the nonstop lowest common denominator lists you keep pumping out.

I used to visit this site multiple times a day, now I hardly visit at all only checking in to see if anything has changed. Please consider going back to putting out some good content and enough with the lists already!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Brian Cronin & comic book related lists are great.

As for the rest, I don't know. No comment for now, I don't go to the full news section as much as others.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I must have missed these.

"15 Star Wars Character Cosplays That Shouldn’t Be Titillating (But Totally Are)"

I just visited the front page for the first time in months, and yeah, I'm not white listing it. I don't care, there's nothing on there I want to read anyway. But yeah, it's full of garbage ads and everything is a clickbait list that only exists to generate revenue. A shame, CBR used to be great, now it's total crap.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    pushing a certain political/progressive agenda, on top of that, usually crapping on the X-Men
    But but but... the X-Men has always been a super progressive comic. Are you a conservative that loves the gay/minority allegory comic?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justice004 View Post
    Aside from Brian Cronin, when is CBR going to get actual comics journalism again and get rid of the damn lists? This site used to have great news, columns, articles, and features now its nothing but an endless site of clickbait lists. 15 of this, 7-8 of that its just stupid.

WTH? Is this site run by junior high boys? CBR you have really cheapened yourself with the nonstop lowest common denominator lists you keep pumping out.

I used to visit this site multiple times a day, now I hardly visit at all only checking in to see if anything has changed. Please consider going back to putting out some good content and enough with the lists already!
    Well, news agencies don't churn out these types of articles for no reason. These gross sexual articles must appeal to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by justice004 View Post

This is what you get with the new ownership. This is the content they want, all they want are clicks to get ad revenue. There is no staff anymore to produce the kind of articles you want and it doesn't seem like the new ownership is willing to financially support such a staff. What you see is what you're going to get for the forseeable future until the ad revenue goes away and they either try a new format or look to sell it off.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I used to go to CBR for the comic news and the the forums for discussions.
    Now I go to Community far more than the News pages. Shouldn't even call them News page.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Still love the Dylan references hidden in the article names. Also love the column that takes on longtime rumors and 'snopes' them. I agree the front page is pretty listicle heavy lately.

To anyone who hates lists, you can do what I do:

I use the browser plugin and mobile app called Feedly. This lets you subscribe to news feeds from various sites - and mark as read/save for later and stuff.

In the case of CBR, I subscribe to the "news" and "columns" feeds - and I never even see these lists.

On the bright side, I never have to look at the CBR front page.

How is one supposed to access the forum when you have the main page blocked off by a pop up screen wanting money?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    How is one supposed to access the forum when you have the main page blocked off by a pop up screen wanting money?
    just put http://community.comicbookresources.com in the address bar

How can you say to to articles like "Dawn Of Dankness: 15 Savage Batman Vs Superman Memes"? If that's not an indepth respectable comicbook article I don't know what is.

Now the limit limit is 2 minutes, really try to force people to either pay money to disable their ad blocker