Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I've been pretty into Action since the last issue, and this one was pretty good too.

-I liked the Himalayan mount fortress more than I like the current New 52 look. It was pretty cool looking when Morrison introduced it, but even then I liked the Collector ship's aesthetics more. With the New 52 one I mainly just don't like the super vague architecture that changes from artist to artist (if they decide to render it at all). My favorite Fortress is still the most simple and consistent one: All Star Superman/Silver age Fortress. It's literally just a mountain with a door on it. The inside has a clean and simple look to it, and you can tell the fortresses "attractions" and wonders apart from the walls. Here and here. The Himalayan mount fortress was far more defined than the New 52 one, and I also loved that he had plants growing about. The minimal crystal work was a nice very touch too. Here and here

-"Clark" saying "I'll be good" reinforces all those childlike clues we've been getting from him (his order at Big Belly last issue). He must have a link to those childlike drawing in the cell, but since that prisoner escaped after "Clark" had already been active for 17 issues, I don't know what the link is.

-Is it me or does the New 52 fortress look a bit more like mount fortress? It's even got the battle armor. Sees that Clark has been moving some of his stuff over. I hope he does some redecorating after Reborn to go along with his new look.

-I'm so glad Blanque is still very much in play. Love how just sits and marinates in the destruction lol
    Maybe Clark hasn't moved things over. Maybe they have always been there as the Nuperman and Superdad timelines blur into one and the same. I mean, Lana knew Nuperman's fortress location,which makes sense given how she got her abilities, but why would she know about the mountain one...Unless Superdad and Nuperman had the same Fortresses and are slowly becoming one and the same.

Yeah...My head is hurting. Why do you ask? Lol
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

@manofsteel1979

Well the two fortresses were still in different locations (Arctic circle and Himalayas), and Lana kept saying "Himalayas." So I think it's a little simpler to think that Lana's abilities that link her to Nuperman are actually now applying to Mr. El because they divide between them is growing thinner, and Lana feels that. As of now I don't see any hard evidence of temporal changes, but rather memory changes.

BANNED

OK 1st creepy Clark could still be the prisoner that escaped oz,because oz sits outside of time,so the time he escaped wouldn't matter at all.

I'm gonna throw out another crazy theory
    - nuperman is superman red and superman blue NOT superdad.as in Lana got the red part,creepy Clark got the blue,and nu Lois got the regular.superdad could be the time displaced version of all these things put back together.so what we really see is dead nu lois,creepy Clark,and red Lana merging their energies,and somehow that will solidify superdad being fromnthis earth.

Yeah sounds crazy ,lol,these wacky theories are fun to throw around

-"Clark" saying "I'll be good" reinforces all those childlike clues we've been getting from him (his order at Big Belly last issue). He must have a link to those childlike drawing in the cell, but since that prisoner escaped after "Clark" had already been active for 17 issues, I don't know what the link is.
    l
    Could Clark be a time displaced Jon Kent?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    OK 1st creepy Clark could still be the prisoner that escaped oz,because oz sits outside of time,so the time he escaped wouldn't matter at all.
    This would make sense....if in the issue after "Clark" showed up in Action Mr Oz didn't comment on him being there while he was outside of time. But he did. We also have yet to get confirmation on him actually being outside of time. That's purely speculation at this point. He also seemed to grab Tim, Doomsday, and Prophecy in real time. There's also the fact that he seemed to be furious when he found the cell empty, but he was cool and calm when he first saw the fake Clark.

It's more likely that the escapee is the very first prisoner we saw in Oz's care back in Johns' run with JRJr. He almost seemed to be taunting the guy back then. I think that escapee and "Clark" a linked (based on the pictures and Clark's behavior) but I can't say for sure, yet, they are one-n-the-same.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Strongly doubt it. I'd bet more on Prime being "Clark". I'd also bet on Oz being a displaced Jon before I thought him Oz, but even that it's low on my personal list.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-22-2017 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Jon's into incest?

I know from your sig you hate the lad, but geez...

BANNED

1st prisoner could be the REAL Kon,Oz could have grabbed him right before harvest came.back on time and ruined the name Kon el for us fans

@stephens2177

I personally find this unlikely because the drawings seem to be very childlike and/or unhinged. Would you really want that to be one of Kon's driving characteristics for a while after this? Not me. It also doesn't fit in with the idea that Johns wants Kon back how he remembers him. The person who wrote on the walls doesn't seem like they're coming to help, and Oz seems to scared about it for it to simply be Kon. It must be someone far more important to the story, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-22-2017 at 12:35 PM.

My only question would be if "Clark" whatever his ultimate identity, came from Oz's jail, then who was in the Geneticron tube?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

@Sacred Knight

Maybe it's the new Metallo? No one said that all the mysteries had to be solved in Reborn. I mean, we still don't know how they made the current Doomsday, right? Or maybe this Clark did come from that tube, and somehow Geneticron can pluck or recreate beings from other worlds? In any case, "Clark's" origin and identity are still very much in the air with at least two possible sources for origin.

BANNED

So real Kon,creepy Clark,Prime,or geneticron created other timeline characters,OK I'm gonna need a nap now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My only question would be if "Clark" whatever his ultimate identity, came from Oz's jail, then who was in the Geneticron tube?
    Perhaps he was created by Geneticron first? Oz had an interest in the place after all, that's the reason the whole incident with Doomsday began in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Perhaps he was created by Geneticron first? Oz had an interest in the place after all, that's the reason the whole incident with Doomsday began in the first place.
    But then why not pick up "Clark" along with Doomsday? Oz describes "Clark" being there as "unforeseen." If he'd escaped from Oz's cell, and Oz knew that the person in that cell had a link or at least an infatuation with Superman, then why would it be unforeseen for them to make their way into the real Clark's life? "Clark" seems to be a person/creature that Oz isn't sure of just yet. That said, "Clark" also seems to have something in common with the childlike and obsessed former occupant of the cell at Oz's place. Though what makes them different is that "Clark" is obsessed with Lois and doesn't have any particular reverence for Superman past the norm, but the former prisoner is obsessed with Superman. Similar but different. They're child like presentation links them.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-22-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jon's into incest?

I know from your sig you hate the lad, but geez...
    Well, his memories would have been overwritten by Clark Kent memories. So, he wouldn't consciously know that Lois is his mother. And we haven't actually seen them so much as kiss. We have, however, seen him drawn to Lois for reasons he can't seem to logically explain and say child-like things like "I'll be good! I promise!". He did ask Lois out and proposes to her, but if underneath he knows emotionally that Lois is important to him, but he's totally bought into his current identity memory wise, he'd channel those feelings into something that would be logical for Clark Kent, like romance, because that's who he thinks he is. Granted, when his memories came back at the end of the issue, he should have recognized himself and what was going on and dropped the romantic type gestures and feelings directed at Lois...

Hang on, checking the issue.... From the moment Clark actually says "It's... it's all coming back to me", he doesn't say anything that alludes to romantic or sexual feelings towards Lois. Granted, he says that on the second to last page. It doesn't prove anything. It means that he could be Jon.

I don't really think he's Jon, though. I'm just throwing out theories for discussion. I mean, he *could* be Jon, I just think it's unlikely.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 02-22-2017 at 02:52 PM.

but the former prisoner is obsessed with Superman. Similar but different. They're child like presentation links them.
    A time displaced Kathy? I already guessed Jon as the prisoner in another thread, so lets get the names of all the children in the book in.

Um, what about Superman's adopted son in the old continuity? Chris? Or his biological son in Superman Returns (the movie), which could be played off as a parallel universe in comic continuity?