Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'm pretty sure this "Clark" is just pre flashpoint Hank Henkshaw.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

He's up there with Superboy Prime on my personal list of possibles, but his dispersing act and childlike nature make it hard to pin down. Mxy is also in the back of my mind, but it's a long shot due to how little they ever use him, but it would check all of the boxes.

Would say Prime as well if it wasn't for the limo scene.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    @manofsteel1979

Well the two fortresses were still in different locations (Arctic circle and Himalayas), and Lana kept saying "Himalayas." So I think it's a little simpler to think that Lana's abilities that link her to Nuperman are actually now applying to Mr. El because they divide between them is growing thinner, and Lana feels that. As of now I don't see any hard evidence of temporal changes, but rather memory changes.
    That's pretty much what I was trying to say. Memories are shifting as the time line is righting itself.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Lmao how is there any remaining doubt that DoppelClark is Superboy-Prime? If he isn't then they're doing a great job at misdirection here.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ahhh. My bad, I got confused because I thought you were saying their Fortresses were fusing, and because time was lining up Lana remembered them as one.

If this new Clark is unforeseen, there's something to be said that he's not Oz-related, nor Geneticron related, rather he's Blanque related. There could be something to "Clark" remembering things and becoming more antagonistic and Blanque having his ceremonious escape happen in the same issue.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

about that Chris kid, never read anything with him but he was last scene in the phantom zone right? Isn't that where Oz got Doomsday from? What if he was taken by Oz, escapes, and then gets killed immediately and that's the tragedy for Lois and Clark from the solicitations?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    about that Chris kid, never read anything with him but he was last scene in the phantom zone right? Isn't that where Oz got Doomsday from? What if he was taken by Oz, escapes, and then gets killed immediately and that's the tragedy for Lois and Clark from the solicitations?
    Coincidently, Chris has had a history of going from child to adult and back again.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    To be sincere, this merging of characters that people keep talking around here feel just like bad narrative. I fail to see why everyone is so in favor of it.
    I don't expect anyone to merge, your right, it's bad narrative, totally unnecessary, and it would surely turn off a lot of returning readers,(the presence of the pre-flashpoint superman is basically the sole reason the title has sole better since Rebirth) not to mention needlessly convoluting an already convoluted Superman and needlessly confusing people,(oh, and Geoff Johns would be the last guy to pull stuff like that) and I haven't seen one thing I would say suggests it will happen....at all. Notice Red, Blue are flying APART on that Reborn Cover, and sorry, but New 52 was already outsold by Rebirth and never matched the high of 2006 sales, so there is no incentive to compromise with that fan base, they're not doing it with any other character, and they won't do it with Superman, we already know where Rebirth is going to end up with the stolen timeline being restored, and it's not going to be a merged Superman.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's a little strange how Henshaw finally showed up again, and quickly bailed when things started going down, haha. I feel like he'll be connected with what Blanque is doing.

Its why I still think "Clark" could be him. Or at least, him snatched in time before the Flashpoint. And they'll coalesce when time is fixed just like Lois and Superman. Maybe Blanque "found" Cyborg Superman and mentally manipulated him to believe he was really Clark, and broke him out of Geneticron, all for some end of his.

Depending on just what memories everyone has after Reborn, it could give Hank just a whole other reason to hate Superman and a whole other reason to be completely and utterly insane.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Coincidently, Chris has had a history of going from child to adult and back again.
    Yeah your right but idk, Chris Kent or Time Displaced Jon would just be too weird for me, why would either of them want to woo Lois? or freak out about Superman Ruining their lives? It's fun to throw around theories though

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Lmao how is there any remaining doubt that DoppelClark is Superboy-Prime? If he isn't then they're doing a great job at misdirection here.
    Yeah I'm on the same page dude, he's my number one candidate too, he definitely fits the profile the best for mystery Clarke so far. I mean his weird attitude changes and problems with Lois/Clarke being together point to him at least IMO. And Johns(who likes Prime) has (possibly) plotted this story. Henshaw...maybe, he's a good candidate too, but what reason would he have to Woo Lois either? and if it turns out to be him that would still be good, but it's the time related theme of the Rebirth event that makes me think Superboy Prime, and who knows if COIE was averted in Convergence than maybe Prime survived and grew up or evolved differently, and either way whoever he is it's highly likely that we've seen him before at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's a little strange how Henshaw finally showed up again, and quickly bailed when things started going down, haha. I feel like he'll be connected with what Blanque is doing.
    what's the status on New 52 Henshaw? wasn't he shown in the Lois and Clarke series, but he never became cyborg Superman in the New 52 timeline? If he never developed in 52 timeline that's one thing that could be pointing in his favor.

He was an astronaut, this time the lone passenger of a ship that crashed. Superman found him, jailed him for a bit (I think), but eventually became convinced that this Hank was not going to turn into the madman his Hank Henshaw turned into. So he cut him loose, the two had good-bye of seemingly mutual respect but when Superman flew off Hank seemed to reveal he did indeed inherit some sort of superhuman ability.