Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

After reading this issue, I've come to the conclusion that the Superman Blue/Red theory is correct, but that we've all been wrong about which Superman is which.

A few weeks back, I was re-reading Superman Forever and noticed this:

superman forever (kebbin) #12.jpg

Superman Red went into SPACE while Superman Blue went into the center of the Earth. At the beginning of Superman Forever, we see the restored Superman (or so we think) plummet back to Earth, landing where his ship did years before.

If the Red/Blue theory is indeed true, it could very well be that Superman Red was the one who was "restored" and continued on as Superman. We've assumed it was Red who became New 52 Superman because of his temperament and that Blue was the pre-Flashpoint Superman who lacked drive and direction before Flashpoint. The fact that both were incomplete could still explain the inadequacies in both Supermens' behavior.

This would also explain the blue energy seen around the mystery Clark in this issue and the fact that he seems to be quite milquetoast and goofy, traits that could be attributed to Blue.

This would mean that the cover to Superman #19 is a red herring (no pun intended), showing red energy around New 52 Superman and blue around pre-Flashpoint Superman.

If Mystery Clark isn't Red or Blue, I don't think he's pre-Flashpoint Henshaw. His rant at the end of the issue reminded me of either a confused and overwhelmed Superman Blue now realizing who he is and what he's missed/"had taken from him," OR

Superboy Prime.

I got that whiny, "you took everything away from me!" vibe that Prime had. I don't want Prime to be used as a villain yet again, but he's definitely one of the possibilities at this point.

I also think that the mystery villain on that cover by Gary Frank is pre-Flashpoint Hank. Look at the image again: you see a bit of hair, a smooth part of the head, and then an eyebrow. These features match up with pre-Flashpoint Hank's look.

Hank was responsible for the Red/Blue split, so it would be fitting that he's behind New 52 Superman. Maybe he aided Manhattan or Oz in creating a "new" Superman for the post-Flashpoint universe?

action-variant-cv975-976-1--231305-640x320.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    After reading this issue, I've come to the conclusion that the Superman Blue/Red theory is correct, but that we've all been wrong about which Superman is which.

A few weeks back, I was re-reading Superman Forever and noticed this:

superman forever (kebbin) #12.jpg

Superman Red went into SPACE while Superman Blue went into the center of the Earth. At the beginning of Superman Forever, we see the restored Superman (or so we think) plummet back to Earth, landing where his ship did years before.

If the Red/Blue theory is indeed true, it could very well be that Superman Red was the one who was "restored" and continued on as Superman. We've assumed it was Red who became New 52 Superman because of his temperament and that Blue was the pre-Flashpoint Superman who lacked drive and direction before Flashpoint. The fact that both were incomplete could still explain the inadequacies in both Supermens' behavior.

This would also explain the blue energy seen around the mystery Clark in this issue and the fact that he seems to be quite milquetoast and goofy, traits that could be attributed to Blue.

This would mean that the cover to Superman #19 is a red herring (no pun intended), showing red energy around New 52 Superman and blue around pre-Flashpoint Superman.

If Mystery Clark isn't Red or Blue, I don't think he's pre-Flashpoint Henshaw. His rant at the end of the issue reminded me of either a confused and overwhelmed Superman Blue now realizing who he is and what he's missed/"had taken from him," OR

Superboy Prime.

I got that whiny, "you took everything away from me!" vibe that Prime had. I don't want Prime to be used as a villain yet again, but he's definitely one of the possibilities at this point.

I guessed that same exact thing somewhere in 1 of these threads today myself lol.dont forget Lana got RED powers,and creepy Clark has blue energy.

Prime is the obvious choice,unless we get the ultimate swerve though

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I feel like the only way it's not Prime is if they're pushing the implication in order to swerve at the last second. But it totally lines up with the idea of Oz being the Time Trapper.

I'm certain that he has nothing to do with Henshaw. Which is unfortunate in a sense that we basically have an oversaturation of a certain type of villain on the horizon, with Zod, the Revenge Squad, Mystery Clark, possibly Oz and a "Superman Black."

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I guessed that same exact thing somewhere in 1 of these threads today myself lol.dont forget Lana got RED powers,and creepy Clark has blue energy.

Prime is the obvious choice,unless we get the ultimate swerve though
    I really don't want Prime involved, but it's starting to seem more and more likely. If mystery Clark is New 52 Superman/Superman Blue, then where was he prior to his appearance post-Rebirth? Maybe he's the escapee from Oz's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I feel like the only way it's not Prime is if they're pushing the implication in order to swerve at the last second. But it totally lines up with the idea of Oz being the Time Trapper.

I'm certain that he has nothing to do with Henshaw. Which is unfortunate in a sense that we basically have an oversaturation of a certain type of villain on the horizon, with Zod, the Revenge Squad, Mystery Clark, possibly Oz and a "Superman Black."
    I don't get the feeling he's Henshaw, either. He's either reborn New 52 Superman/Superman Blue or Prime. Of the two, I'd rather he be the former, but that bleeding \S/ on one of the Reborn covers indicates otherwise.

Spectacular Member

Has Matrix never been one of the suspect of being fake-clark/doppelclark?

After reading some of his more childish behavior, I keep flashing back to when the child-like Matrix impersonated Clark during his self-imposed exile from Space after kiling the Phantom Zone villains early in Post-Crisis history.

Yeah, I and a few others were into the theory for a while. And I've thought the same things as you have they just seem to be milking the creepy and evil vibe so much I've been thrown off. But maybe that's the point. I'd love it if it did turn out to be her.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

It's definitely Prime.

-He sometimes speaks with a dated slang. Even characters have remarked nobody uses those words anymore. It's very possible that he was modeling his personality on 50s/60s Superman, the one he read when he was younger, the true ideal of Superman for him.

-The way he talks at the end is 100% Prime

-The bleeding S on one of Reborn covers

Seriously, if he's not Prime, this is just really a massive red herring
    Last edited by Maxi; 02-22-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    It's definitely Prime.

-He sometimes speaks with a dated slang. Even characters have remarked nobody uses those words anymore. It's very possible that he was modeling his personality on 50s/60s Superman, the one he read when he was younger, the true ideal of Superman for him.
    I figured that that was just a nod to the old movie (although, nearly 40 years later, there are a lot of people out there who still use 'swell' )

I did like the cover, with the Cavill-esque Superman/Clark in a sort of Superman III encounter - even the heat vision is like the thin beams from the old movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    -The bleeding S on one of Reborn covers

Seriously, if he's not Prime, this is just really a massive red herring
    Oh, yeah. I just assumed the bleeding S was just a reference to the Death of Superman arc. I completely forgot about this scene:

(was I the only one who thought that that scene was badass when I first read it?)

Anyway, if it is Prime, I'll be excited. I mean, I think its long overdue that we see him again. He played a huge role in the DCU for a couple of years before the reboot, being central to both Infinite Crisis and Sinestro Corps War. Having him back in his Pre-Flashpoint form would help make the continuity issues make more sense.

I'll just want Oz to cleave him in twain with that staff he has or something. That'll be worth the price of admission. A good riddance to bad rubbish of a bygone era.

Or better yet, have Cyborg Superman hear a little bit of his whining and subsequently do him just like he did the Eradicator once upon a time and blow a hole in his chest.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-23-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I don't mind him being a whimey psycho so much as him being way to.damn powerful,like silver age powerful,that's just to damn much imo,and way to much right now

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll just want Oz to cleave him in twain with that staff he has or something. That'll be worth the price of admission. A good riddance to bad rubbish of a bygone era.

Or better yet, have Cyborg Superman hear a little bit of his whining and subsequently do him just like he did the Eradicator once upon a time and blow a hole in his chest.
    HA! Agreed. Or...Even better, have the true Superboy prime and KAL-L show up and kick his ass .
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

My money is on the New 52 Superman & Lois being the reincarnations of the Earth-2 Lois & Clark, creepy Clark is Superboy-Prime and SuperDad & Ma Lois are the Earth-1/Post-Crisis/New Earth version who were removed from the timeline before the Flashpoint hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My money is on the New 52 Superman & Lois being the reincarnations of the Earth-2 Lois & Clark, creepy Clark is Superboy-Prime and SuperDad & Ma Lois are the Earth-1/Post-Crisis/New Earth version who were removed from the timeline before the Flashpoint hit.

Cool Theory

That would make OZ..... Alexander Luthor!!!