Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by durabill View Post
    Cool Theory

That would make OZ..... Alexander Luthor!!!

Now that imo is way better than a watchmen character.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    HA! Agreed. Or...Even better, have the true Superboy prime and KAL-L show up and kick his ass .
    That would make my year, maybe even the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My money is on the New 52 Superman & Lois being the reincarnations of the Earth-2 Lois & Clark, creepy Clark is Superboy-Prime and SuperDad & Ma Lois are the Earth-1/Post-Crisis/New Earth version who were removed from the timeline before the Flashpoint hit.
    Interesting theory, though I think involving the Lois and Clark of another Earth is more complicated than the final answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Now that imo is way better than a watchmen character.
    I want to see Manhattan and/or Ozymandias behind all of this so I can also see them get their asses kicked by the real heroes of the DCU. I've hated Watchmen for a long time and love that Johns is using the darkness and cynicism of those characters as the reason the DCU became such a crappy place post-Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Loving ACTION COMICS right now.

I dig the pacing. The way the subplots and mysteries play out has an old school vibe, with just the right mixture of moving forward and merciless teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My money is on the New 52 Superman & Lois being the reincarnations of the Earth-2 Lois & Clark, creepy Clark is Superboy-Prime and SuperDad & Ma Lois are the Earth-1/Post-Crisis/New Earth version who were removed from the timeline before the Flashpoint hit.
    I'd like this. I always wanted New 52 Superman and Lois to be revealed as their own separate entities but denizens of another Earth. It'd be a strong indicator that just maybe we'd visitt that Earth and they'd do something with it. That said I still think the hints more lend to them being halves of a whole or the same person just from a different period in time or something. The Lana/Lois/Superman situation of the past two weeks really has amped this up.

But I like your idea better.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd like this. I always wanted New 52 Superman and Lois to be revealed as their own separate entities but denizens of another Earth. It'd be a strong indicator that just maybe we'd visitt that Earth and they'd do something with it. That said I still think the hints more lend to them being halves of a whole or the same person just from a different period in time or something. The Lana/Lois/Superman situation of the past two weeks really has amped this up.

But I like your idea better.
    Thanks, but keep in mind that I think Earth-1 and Earth-2 Superman & Lois are also the same characters who were spit decades ago by Superman's first trip back in time to witness Krypton's destruction

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I know many around here don't like Jurgens, and his other DC work lately hasn't been very good, but Action has been great IMHO since Rebirth. I honestly didn't think he had anything left, but this has been a treat

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Lmao how is there any remaining doubt that DoppelClark is Superboy-Prime? If he isn't then they're doing a great job at misdirection here.
    If COIE was undone (as it WAS), WOULD it be Superboy-Prime?
    Logically...
    No Crisis ---> His/Our world isn't destroyed by antimatter --->E2 Kal & Lois, Alex Luthor, and him don't go into the 'Paradise' dimension--->he doesn't lose it, start punching reality's 'walls' and start becoming the buttmunch we all love to hate.

(Unless they've retconned out Convergence...but THAT formed the groundwork of the current Earth-2 series AND brought us the current Lois Kent/Smith, Clark & Jon, so taking out that would require even MORE retconning...)

I HOPE it's not him. I WOULD like to hope that Superboy-Prime is peaceful here with his family & Lori...(poor kid was put through HELL.) and he'll debut in public to us, here on Earth-Prime, any day now...

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
    Logically...
    No Crisis ---> His/Our world isn't destroyed by antimatter --->E2 Kal & Lois, Alex Luthor, and him don't go into the 'Paradise' dimension--->he doesn't lose it, start punching reality's 'walls' and start becoming the buttmunch we all love to hate.

(Unless they've retconned out Convergence...but THAT formed the groundwork of the current Earth-2 series AND brought us the current Lois Kent/Smith, Clark & Jon, so taking out that would require even MORE retconning...)

I HOPE it's not him. I WOULD like to hope that Superboy-Prime is peaceful here with his family & Lori...(poor kid was put through HELL.) and he'll debut in public to us, here on Earth-Prime, any day now...

Interestingly, there could be two "Superboy Prime"s now - the semi-unaltered one from just before Crisis, and the crazy, reality-wall-punching time anomaly. So the original Superboy Prime showing up to beat the heck out of the evil one would be incredible, imo.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
    Logically...

I was reading the Wikipedia entry for Convergence the other day and it suggests that the Multiverse restored at the end of Convergence wasn't the original, but rather, a new one. That's not what I got from the end of the story, though it was unclear narratively just what happened. If the Crisis was averted, then all of the post-COIE timeline would be erased, meaning New Earth/New 52 Earth shouldn't exist at all, as it was never created by the merging of 5 Earths.

I think DC is going to distance itself from Convergence because of how poorly that last issue was put together. The story really should have been done by Morrison, who had the idea for Brainiac as a "God Machine" collecting timelines. The ending would have been much clearer and the whole story would have been far better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I know many around here don't like Jurgens, and his other DC work lately hasn't been very good, but Action has been great IMHO since Rebirth. I honestly didn't think he had anything left, but this has been a treat
    Its improved since Men of Steel ended. To that point though in my mind it was pretty terrible.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I've loved everything Jurgens has been doing, especially "Men of Steel", and his Batman Beyond is fairly solid too. I don't mind the 'dated' style, some of my favourite comics currently have 'dated' writing to them.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-25-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've loved everything Jurgens has been doing, especially "Men of Steel", and his Batman Beyond is fairly solid too. I don't mind the 'dated' style, some of my favourite comics currently have 'dated' writing to them.
    I don't think his style is dated, not that dated. His dialog and captions just are a bit without youthful mannerisms

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think his style is dated, not that dated. His dialog and captions just are a bit without youthful mannerisms
    If youthful mannerisms mean #trending on every page, I'd like to see more dated dialogue and captions, please.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think his style is dated, not that dated.
    Well, I did use quote marks. I don't beleive his style is dated either...I prefer to think of it as experianced writing. Some books wit hipster writing feel a bit try-hard with me, and can date pretty badly.

Amazing Member

Talking

Just got this book today.

I AM getting the impression of the timeline changing.

spoilers:

• The Statues of Jor and Lara in the Artic fortress look rather...MOS-esque to me...so does Kelex.
    • Kelex looks spot on to what his design was in Post-Crisis.
    • The Kryptonian Battle Armor — Looks like it was just airlifted from the docks of Metropolis in 'Reign of the Supermen'
    end of spoilers

They've got my attention.
    I think Krypton is changing as well...if their clothing is...like that.

DC...Take your TIME on this...THINK about what you're DOING...CAREFULLY...and do it RIGHT...

Please.

spoilers:

If you're going to pull from Byrne's Krypton general design ethos, PLEASE balance it out with enough silver age elemants, so Krypton is not a horrific, cold place that would scare Vulcans! A happy medium would be welcome here, IMHO...

Byrne's Krypton had a lovely 'alien feel in the costumes & tech...but was all but HEARTLESS.
    The Silver Age Krypton was too...I dunno...'shiny/happy'? And the costumes...and the Ship...umm...didn't say 'advanced alien species' to me...It looked like an Anime convention with people cosplaying a 1950's space TV show.
    Take the Byrne base and dial it back...make them suits, not all-encompassing 'bio-suits'.
    Maybe keep the strip down the front (a 'Lineage strip', maybe?), incorporate the House sigil (The symbol of the sun from the S-A), and give Jor his hair and headband back? Maybe Lara could have the gold headpiece and her flowing black hair spilling out from behind it?

Sorry, I'm babbling. I'll shut up.
    end of spoilers

It's WELL past time to put the Legend of Tomorrow BACK together again.

(And PLEASE give us the REAL Kon-El (via Cadmus) back! Personality is a GOOD thing! )