Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She murdered several Amazons literally just for the lolz. Now, sure, those were New 52 Amazons, and a good argument could be made that that was actually an act of heroism on her part for which the entire human race owes her a debt of gratitude. But still. She killed people. Literally just for funsies.
    Not like the Amazons were charging her with their weapons at the ready or anything

She also threatened to harm an unborn baby for no reason until Diana drove her back with a sharp (get it?) rebuke.

Yeah. She's pretty malicious.

And let's not even start on the whole thing where she started a devastating war that resulted in a genocide of an entire people just because she wasn't invited to a party.
    Ok I may have used the wrong word in malicious, because yes she is that, but being malicious is not the same as being evil.

She doesn't deserve to be in Diana's Top 15 right now, perhaps. But I'd love to see Queen of Fables become a serious villain for Diana precisely because of what you said here.
    The problem is that Diana has alot of enemies who have only appeared once or twice in the last 30 years or more, most of which are without any really memorable stories to their names, just a tingle of nostalgia about them... so it doesn't take that much to stand out. Like, why should someone like Dr. Poison or Giganta be on this list if we ignore the nostalgia factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would say the death of Donna Troy back in the Titans/Young Justice crossover was Diana's "Death in the Family". When Artemis was Wonder Woman, and and Diana didn't even like each other.
    Just without the visual or emotional impact. Diana and Superman trundeled on afterwards like it never happened, the only ones really affected by it all where the Young Justice kids who scuttled the team because of it. Unlike the death of Artemis where we had the death, Diana's grief, the emotional aftermath when she confronted Hippolyta and finally the return in Requiem.

Incredible Member

They excluded the eeeevvvviiilll Bushmaster!!! Seriously? I am OUTRAGED!!

Wonder_Woman_v.1_255.jpg

Incredible Member

Ok, more seriously, having Grail on this list is just sad. Did they even fight in that JLA storyline? I'd take "Multiple Man, the Nuclear Menace" or Mouse Man over Grail, because at least they've fought multiple times. Or the evil Bushmaster.

And Genocide is just...ugh. All talk; no delivery; an idea that could have been interesting if not for editorial interference and had that story line been better written. Genocide is one of WW's greatest travesties, not one her greatest villains.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Ok, more seriously, having Grail on this list is just sad. Did they even fight in that JLA storyline? I'd take "Multiple Man, the Nuclear Menace" or Mouse Man over Grail, because at least they've fought multiple times. Or the evil Bushmaster.

And Genocide is just...ugh. All talk; no delivery; an idea that could have been interesting if not for editorial interference and had that story line been better written. Genocide is one of WW's greatest travesties, not one her greatest villains.
    No argument on Genocide, but Grail and Diana DID fight, briefly, during Darkseid War. She destroyed Diana's bracelets with her Omega Beams.

Furthermore? Grail is still around. She and Diana can have multiple battles yet to come. Heck, they may fight in the near future, since Grail is apparently part of the Rebirth storyline.

Grail has potential to be a great Diana villain. She's powerful, dangerous, and directly related to the DCU's most formidable villain. The potential is there. It just needs to be tapped.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

No Egg-Fu???

But seriously, how do people feel about Devastation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    No Egg-Fu???

I thought the idea of secret siblings of the Olympians that Kronos never coughed up was a fascinating suggestion. I felt the character design and dominions were far too "second-generation" though. Zeus, Hera, Hades... these were shapeshifter gods who obtained their dominions from the defeated male Titans. Zeus takes Hyperion's sky, Poseidon takes Oceanus' seas, Demeter takes her father's lands, Hades takes Iapetos' Underworld.

To have designs that don't reflect their peers, they rang a bit too close to late 90's X-Men-style generic character creation. Step 1, creepy design; step 2, malevolent powers; step 3, generic motivation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Grail and Diana DID fight, briefly, during Darkseid War. She destroyed Diana's bracelets with her Omega Beams.

Furthermore? Grail is still around. She and Diana can have multiple battles yet to come. Heck, they may fight in the near future, since Grail is apparently part of the Rebirth storyline.
    That's my objection, though: while there's potential, Grail isn't really a Wonder-villain yet. A brief fight and being the child of an Amazon & New God don't make her Wondy's villain. Grail may be bad-ass, and there may be a long future of planet-shaking battles between them, but it just hasn't really happened yet. I think Heracles would've been a better substitute.

Or...the evil Bushmaster! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    No Egg-Fu???

She's by far my favorite of the villains created by a writer for their run and never used again. I'd like to see how she compares to Grail in a story with them together.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's by far my favorite of the villains created by a writer for their run and never used again. I'd like to see how she compares to Grail in a story with them together.

I think Grail would find Devastation to be annoying and kill her. Grail seems to have a short fuse.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think Grail would find Devastation to be annoying and kill her. Grail seems to have a short fuse.
    You could actually have a whole group of these 'Dark/Evil Wonder Women' copies in one big battle royal and see who emerges on top:
    -Superwoman
    -Grail
    -Dark Angel
    -Devastation
    -Genocide

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You could actually have a whole group of these 'Dark/Evil Wonder Women' copies in one big battle royal and see who emerges on top:
    -Superwoman
    -Grail
    -Dark Angel
    -Devastation
    -Genocide

I don't think Dark Angel really qualifies as she's clearly a sorceress(even though she's technically a copy of Donna). The rest though, might make for a great Wonder Woman Revenge Squad.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.