View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars!

14 36.84%
  • 4 Stars.

13 34.21%
  • 3 Stars.

6 15.79%
  • 2 Stars.

3 7.89%
  • 1 Star.

2 5.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The snake is not Circe. Now I'm sad.

https://twitter.com/ruckawriter/stat...83914679377920

The snake could be Hecate. Hecate is some myths is Circe's mother.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-23-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Given how every time the snake talks to Diana we get big fancy layouts involving the Tree, and the Tree seems to be Ares, or his prison anyway, I wondered if maybe the snake is Ares.

But I mean, maybe it's Asclepius and he's doling out some medicine and mental healthcare. Maybe he's leading toward a storyline featuring Hippolytus, who would be Diana's brother (if not Antiope's kid). Hippolytus has a weird backstory involving Artemis and Aphrodite that kind of plays out like the opposite of Diana's. But you know, the story hasn't exactly pointed in that direction so far.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I just assumed the snake is a product of her mind, which I'd actually prefer because it would mean Diana is in the process of getting herself out of her current state before Ferdinand comes to help her the rest of the way. It seems to actually be kind of helpful (the word association scene).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    The snake is not Circe. Now I'm sad.

https://twitter.com/ruckawriter/stat...83914679377920

If the snake was Circe, it would have poisoned Diana's tea.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If the snake was Circe, it would have poisoned Diana's tea.
    There goes my theory I guess....it has to be related to Ares in someway though since a snake also bit her at the tree

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    There goes my theory I guess....it has to be related to Ares in someway though since a snake also bit her at the tree
    The venomous snake IS one of Ares' animal symbols, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure it's pretty common for Greek art to portray him holding one, or having one drawn on his shield and the like.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I don't understand Cyber's projections or holograms or whatever you call them. For one, exactly from where are they being projected??? Can they just appear out of nowhere? That would seem weird. I don't think that the artwork is helping (or the writing) to make this clear....or maybe I'm just slow! Anyhow, I would like it if there was an actual person or cyborg/person thing walking around who was identified as the Doctor...and I'm really not certain of her motivation...perhaps it will be revealed as the story unspools but right now i'm a bit confused.

I'm pretty sure in the last 10 years since Cyberwalker was created Cale&Co have spread Doctor Cyber software and hardware throughout their headquarters and associated structures. She probably very, very rarely uses a humanoid drone body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The venomous snake IS one of Ares' animal symbols, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure it's pretty common for Greek art to portray him holding one, or having one drawn on his shield and the like.
    Or:

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the last 10 years since Cyberwalker was created Cale&Co have spread Doctor Cyber software and hardware throughout their headquarters and associated structures. She probably very, very rarely uses a humanoid drone body.
    So, she's kind of like air conditioning?? That's weird. I think if the the writing and artwork did a better job representing the Doc it would help. Does she change appearance to freak you out, entertain...is she bored? If she came across more clearly as say, Hal in 2001 a Space Odyssey that would help to amp her up...now she just seems like some strange Google Play gone wrong.

My imagination is benefitting from a Star Trek crutch; I've been binge-ing Voyager. I saw the mobility of the hologram Cyber and reasoned it was multiple emitters. Plus, the cyberwalker tech seemed to be all over the walls in the lab, and the cover of that one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Good issue...good to see Ferdinand again, and it looks like Diana is coming out of her stupor....but most of all this was about Barbara for me...I've enjoyed her recent transition from feral arch enemy status to reaching an accord with Diana, even if she's turned back to Cheetah I hope she doesn't go back to total arch enemy status again...think that's been done enough...I'd be ok with her being a bit of a roguish "anti-hero" though...

Jon
    Cheetah as a rogu'ish anti-hero I would absolutely love tbh.

If ever there was a character that deserved an "Whatever she feels like being." answer to the "Is she good or evil?" question, it's Cheetah.

It would also put her on a more even level with Wonder Woman, particularly if they actually had to begrudgingly work together occasionally and actually parted as rival frienemies.

I'd buy the issue where that happened 10 times over.
    Last edited by Majesty; 02-24-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Cheetah is one of the only good things about this run. I love her development. If she permenantly became an anti-hero that would be just fine by me. They could always have another character like Priscilla Rich take on the powers as well in a more antagonistic role.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I hope it leads to Barbara getting a more human and less bestial look.
    Barbara as a anti-hero could be interesting.