Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #5 SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I stand by my opinion and yes even with the context of death of X I see nothing contradictory honestly it's one of this examples of honestly the fans and readers not liking the explaination they're given about why the public views cyclops in this way but I just so happen to think it makes logical sense the explaination we were given but that's me.
    Well, Magik was not only present, but on his side as well; so this is like “The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia”.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 02-22-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    With all due respect this is one of the most important parts of this story.
    You can not expect readers to simply ignore the facts to believe in an explanation of a single page. Especially if you consider that Storm, Magik, Cyclops (young) and others were present during DoX and should not be affected by news since they know the circumstances.
    Honestly Scott or one reason or another has gotten on the X-Mens nerves for years though. This was not the first time they were mad at Scott.

I do agree the X-Men were overdoing it ... but for whatever reason, justifiably or not, their fuse with Scott has been pretty short of quite some time. This was just more of the same, only moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly Scott or one reason or another has gotten on the X-Mens nerves for years though. This was not the first time they were mad at Scott.

I do agree the X-Men were overdoing it ... but for whatever reason, justifiably or not, their fuse with Scott has been pretty short of quite some time. This was just more of the same, only moreso.
    Even through he is the one that has been keeping them alive since 2005.

But the fact Royal Family still doesn't know about the time to limit? I would kinda like to see what you their reaction would be.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    But the fact Royal Family still doesn't know about the time to limit? I would kinda like to see what you their reaction would be.
    Yeah they're acting the way I imagine most predictably would if they were attacked in violation of a peace treaty and trapped in hell. So far at least mist people have been acting fairly understandable considering the circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Even through he is the one that has been keeping them alive since 2005.
    One person didn't do that, although I frequently see one person being given credit for it.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

This is super important to me. I don't see how anyone can judge the Royal Family when they don't know about the time limit. They still think the mutants are prematurely destroying their power source on a whim again, not unlike the Cyclops situation. For all we know, they'd be down with destroying it when the inevitable purging of mutantkind is an immediate, unavoidable threat. I want to see their reactions.

I also want to see Medusa and Black Bolt discover Emma's secret. Medusa still thinks she gave the order to kill Cyclops in self-defense, so I imagine she'd be pretty displeased to find out such a traumatic event (and all it's implications for both sides of this war) was all a fabrication. But I expect her fellow X-Men to be even more pissed about it.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

On a whim? Perhaps the previous 8 months of sterilization, displacement, FUD, intimidation, sickness and death might've had something more to do with it? I mean it's not like this was unexpected, Medusa had already drawn up unbeatable war plans she shared with Beast.

People are fixating on the 2 week timeline too much. All that did was finally wake the X-Men up and light a fire under their collective ass, the core problems were already present though.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    This is super important to me. I don't see how anyone can judge the Royal Family when they don't know about the time limit. They still think the mutants are prematurely destroying their power source on a whim again, not unlike the Cyclops situation. For all we know, they'd be down with destroying it when the inevitable purging of mutantkind is an immediate, unavoidable threat. I want to see their reactions.

I also want to see Medusa and Black Bolt discover Emma's secret. Medusa still thinks she gave the order to kill Cyclops in self-defense, so I imagine she'd be pretty displeased to find out such a traumatic event (and all it's implications for both sides of this war) was all a fabrication. But I expect her fellow X-Men to be even more pissed about it.
    The thing is, I'm pretty sure that Cyclops would have acted very similar to Emma. Yeah a lot of X-Men will be pissed with her, but I can see a few of them that would understand, as Magneto did.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    On a whim? Perhaps the previous 8 months of sterilization, displacement, FUD, intimidation, sickness and death might've had something more to do with it? I mean it's not like this was unexpected, Medusa had already drawn up unbeatable war plans she shared with Beast.

People are fixating on the 2 week timeline too much. All that did was finally wake the X-Men up and light a fire under their collective ass, the core problems were already present though.

In did, the smart move would have been attacking the Inhumas way sooner, when there was less NuHumans and less sick mutants.

Ultimate Member

They'll probably find out about it and be fine with getting rid of the cloud just so that Marvel doesn't make them look to bad before their new book...or something along those lines, though at the moment they've tried to kill anyone that dares to do anything to the cloud so it's just as possible they have to fight the NuInhumans who now want to destroy the cloud as well...

Its nice to hear that the Nuhumans are going to help the X-Men. I could actually see some Nuhumans joining, or at the least teaming-up, with the X-Men in the future. I know they are not mutants, but I think they in particular have more in common with mutants then say, the Royal Family.

My guess, and what I would kinda like to happen, is that they will say something along the lines of "That is unfortunate... but we will not let you destroy the cloud!" Not because I believe they are in the right (I am with the X-Men all the way here) but because I feel that's what they would do, given how dedicated they are to the cloud and the powers they receive from it. I like it when the Royal Family are shown as morally grey aliens, who would probably put there kinds culture/future over the existence of another race. Not the 'typical' hero team they have been trying to be over the last few years.

Would Marvel actually have them show as the 'bad guys' of the story? Not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Its nice to hear that the Nuhumans are going to help the X-Men. I could actually see some Nuhumans joining, or at the least teaming-up, with the X-Men in the future. I know they are not mutants, but I think they in particular have more in common with mutants then say, the Royal Family.

My guess, and what I would kinda like to happen, is that they will say something along the lines of "That is unfortunate... but we will not let you destroy the cloud!" Not because I believe they are in the right (I am with the X-Men all the way here) but because I feel that's what they would do, given how dedicated they are to the cloud and the powers they receive from it. I like it when the Royal Family are shown as morally grey aliens, who would probably put there kinds culture/future over the existence of another race. Not the 'typical' hero team they have been trying to be over the last few years.

Would Marvel actually have them show as the 'bad guys' of the story? Not sure...
    Regardless of what the Inhumans do, im pretty sure that everything will be blamed on Emma; just like when after AvX, everything was blamed on Cyclops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    One person didn't do that, although I frequently see one person being given credit for it.
    Scott thought that he is the best. That's why X-men left him during Schism

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Scott thought that he is the best. That's why X-men left him during Schism
    Wasnt instead because Wolverine was trying to blow the island ?, besides most of the ones that left became the PR mutant pets of the Avengers.