Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain America Steve Rogers #12 Spoilers

Firstly, I'm disappointed Hydra faction 2 sabotaged the deal of selling Steves Hydra affiliation to Maria Hill. I thought it would work better if Hill ran the sting on Steve Rogers, but hey, let's see what Madam Hydra has got to offer this game. Things just got complicated, and it doesn't just stop there. Read on. Lots of revelations here, some not so clear, but intriguing.

Spoilers

Flash back to a newsreel in 1942 and Steve and Bucky are fighting the Nazis and Hydra. Steve links up with Helmut, and they are friends here. NOW. Selvig is unconvinced with Zemos alliance with Steve, and then Selvig becomes concerned Kobik did more to reality than just change Steve, but she might have changed reality altogether. (Shiver). Tasky and Black Ant do a deal with Maria Hill to sell her the video of Steve saying Hail Hydra and Maria leaves to pull some strings to get the money. But Madam Hydra breaks into Bagalia central and takes Tasky and Black Ants hostage and takes over the deal with Hill. Then Madam Hydra introduces herself. It's ELISA Sinclair. (Shock and awe)!

End of Spoilers

Well, somebody in here had guessed it was Elisa, but this new development of the "True" Hydra which is Elisa's faction, is something new, and a complication to the Hydra run by Red Skull and Steve Rogers. It puts into question the release of the video evidence Steve is Hydra, and it also introduces a further unknown element that the reality isn't the same as it was when it started. It really sets up the end game of Secret Empire. It has exposed Steve Rogers as a traitor, and reintroduced his 1940's handler, after what had to have been a long delay. There is a hint that Steve is going to indoctrinate Bucky back in 1942, but that is just my conjecture. (It's not stated in the book). But it is going to be worth keeping track of TBolts, because Bucky just got teleported to the 1940's in this weeks issue.

I don't know about anybody else, but wheels are turning inside wheels here ever since Avengers Standoff, and it starts to question everything in the ANAD.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-23-2017 at 04:24 AM.

BANNED

I think it is increasingly begining to draw heavily on house of m story elements and all we need is kobik being dissapointed by her father red skull to say those three magic words no more nazis. Seriously though here is a checklist reality getting rewritten check. Main characters SW and CA undergoing significant change to make them completely different check causing many ramifications which is hilarious since they were begining a romance before SW breakdown.Establishing a ruling class majority check.

BANNED

Thanks for the write-up, jacklover.

As thing move closer to SE, the unfolding of this story gets more intriguing. I have to admit that I, too, was a little bummed not to see Hill receive Taskmaster's intel and get to see her reaction and see how she would've acted on it. That was a tantalizing prospect. But we'll see Hill's reaction - along with everyone else's - to Hydra Cap soon enough.

The revelation of the new Madame Hydra was definitely a shocker and of course it calls into question just how much influence Kobik has had on reality. It was assumed in the flashbacks that Elisa was strictly part of Steve's manufactured memories and had no counterpart in our reality. But now we know that Elisa is real. We also know that she was at one time believed to be a spy in the midst of Hydra so we don't know yet how true that was as she definitely appears to be all in on Hydra these days.

We also still don't know what Zemo's thinking. As Selvig ponders, how far did Kobik's meddling stretch? Has Zemo been altered as well or is he just more open to the suggestion that things are not as they seem thanks to his experiences in Pleasant Hill? But Selvig's question in regarding to Kobik's influence, asking "...what else could it mean for this world? For reality itself? What new truths might emerge?" definitely opens up a door of possibilities.

Anyhow, great issue. Cool to get it right on the heels of last week's issue.

Not only that, but Elisa must be one of the new super soldiers... otherwise, she'd probably be dead, given she must be at least 110 years old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not only that, but Elisa must be one of the new super soldiers... otherwise, she'd probably be dead, given she must be at least 110 years old.
    Oh yes, there's definitely an explanation waiting to be told regarding her youthful appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm beginning to think no one in the MU from the 1940'a died... literally no one.

this was probably my least favorite issue

It felt like they needed to drag the monster? thing into the book because fo the lack of action i suppose. Completely pointless IMO

I don't feel like I need Madam Hydra in this at all. Rather the book be more streamlined and Hill just got the information.

oh wells, can't all be great
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

no one can die in marvel because everything lives. It would be interesting if the cancer verse dimension of eternal life somehow gets shoehorned in this event as it opened after anhilation wave and now we are getting a chitauri wave like invasion which may produce the same situation of a portal opening into the cancer verse. the secret war ensures you live at all costs!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this was probably my least favorite issue

It felt like they needed to drag the monster? thing into the book because fo the lack of action i suppose. Completely pointless IMO

I don't feel like I need Madam Hydra in this at all. Rather the book be more streamlined and Hill just got the information.

oh wells, can't all be great
    Well, a fight between Cap and one of the Awesome Androids is always welcome by me.

And I think Madame Hydra is going to be an interesting aspect of this storyline.

just had a creepy thought. Elisa kind of looks like a grown up Kobik.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Thanks for the write-up, jacklover.

As thing move closer to SE, the unfolding of this story gets more intriguing. I have to admit that I, too, was a little bummed not to see Hill receive Taskmaster's intel and get to see her reaction and see how she would've acted on it. That was a tantalizing prospect. But we'll see Hill's reaction - along with everyone else's - to Hydra Cap soon enough.

The revelation of the new Madame Hydra was definitely a shocker and of course it calls into question just how much influence Kobik has had on reality. It was assumed in the flashbacks that Elisa was strictly part of Steve's manufactured memories and had no counterpart in our reality. But now we know that Elisa is real. We also know that she was at one time believed to be a spy in the midst of Hydra so we don't know yet how true that was as she definitely appears to be all in on Hydra these days.

We also still don't know what Zemo's thinking. As Selvig ponders, how far did Kobik's meddling stretch? Has Zemo been altered as well or is he just more open to the suggestion that things are not as they seem thanks to his experiences in Pleasant Hill? But Selvig's question in regarding to Kobik's influence, asking "...what else could it mean for this world? For reality itself? What new truths might emerge?" definitely opens up a door of possibilities.

Anyhow, great issue. Cool to get it right on the heels of last week's issue.
    Glad to have got this thread going.

If Elisa found out about the Hydra Cap video, and she was a spy in Hydra, does Red Skull also know? I can't think of any way Elisa could have an opportunity of knowing a hidden camera was in the Zemo craft, that made the recording, and Taskmaster found.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-23-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Glad to have got this thread going.

If Elisa found out about the Hydra Cap video, and she was a spy in Hydra, does Red Skull all know? I can't think of any way Elisa could have an opportunity of knowing a hidden camera was in the Zemo craft, that made the recording, and Taskmaster found.
    we'll know more next issue. but Steve was given a mission by Zemo involving Elisa. so I would speculate that the Red Skull knows that she's a spy.

can't wait to see more of bulk and skul...er, I mean Taskmaster and Black Ant.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    we'll know more next issue. but Steve was given a mission by Zemo involving Elisa. so I would speculate that the Red Skull knows that she's a spy.
    It could also point to Zemo and Elisa are connected somehow, and maybe Zemo works for Elisa?

Over the past few days, I've binged through this entire run and I've really enjoyed it. I am very excited for Secret Empire.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn