Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    So, for people who got into Elektra because of the 2003 film, did you watch her solo movie that came out a bit after that? How was it compared to the original?
    Yeah, I watched that one too. It wasn't great but it was a fun watch. Plus, when the DVD came out for the directors cut, it had an amazing documentary with the writers/artists who worked on her series before. Miller (I think... if it was t was from the DD press stuff), Klaus Janson, Bendis, Rucka, and Bill S.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I was underwhelmed by this. I'll give it another issue, but can't see me sticking with it. I love Elektra as a character, but still don't think she's ever been done justice in a book since Miller.
    I can definitely see how this issue could disappoint someone, especially compared to the last run's first issue. She's also had some bad luck with previous solos and appearances. I do think, however, that Zeb Wells and Haden Blackman did the character justice. And while it was in a product that was inferior as a whole, I liked what Soule did with her in Thunderbolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    So, for people who got into Elektra because of the 2003 film, did you watch her solo movie that came out a bit after that? How was it compared to the original?
    I did. It was half promising, half awful. It was a weird attempt at adapting a mix of the Miller attitude with a horribly botched lifting of the Elektra/Wolverine: Redeemer book.

It was beautifully shot, but was a mess from a script/choreography standpoint. It was also the only live action option at the time, so I just tried to enjoy it for what it was. And while she was ultimately wrong as Elektra, I really like Jennifer Garner, and commend her for attempting to do justice to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I can definitely see how this issue could disappoint someone, especially compared to the last run's first issue. She's also had some bad luck with previous solos and appearances. I do think, however, that Zeb Wells and Haden Blackman did the character justice. And while it was in a product that was inferior as a whole, I liked what Soule did with her in Thunderbolts.

I did. It was half promising, half awful. It was a weird attempt at adapting a mix of the Miller attitude with a horribly botched lifting of the Elektra/Wolverine: Redeemer book.

It was beautifully shot, but was a mess from a script/choreography standpoint. It was also the only live action option at the time, so I just tried to enjoy it for what it was. And while she was ultimately wrong as Elektra, I really like Jennifer Garner, and commend her for attempting to do justice to the character.
    It was a weird movie. It was originally supposed to be set in a city and then the director moved everything into the forest/woods for most of it. I like Jennifer Garner but if she wasn't in Alias at the time, she would have never gotten the part as she really is nothing like the character.

Does anyone have the script written for an Elektra movie that was loosely based on Elektra: Assassin?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm not really digging the new costume. I wish they would've done something more inspired than just cutting and pasting her MCU look. She looks too similar to Silk.

I've read the issue a couple of times now and you know what? I'm starting to like the new costume. They need to explain that big metal bangle soon though.

Agreed. I really want to know what it does, why she has it, and how she got it.