Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Deathstroke #13 discussion

I didn't see a post about, so I decided to make my first thread. What did you guys think of the issue?

I'm glad we finally have confirmation whether Isherwood was alive or not. I'm glad he's not dead, maybe there's hope for Joey yet.

I really like the Red Lion, he's fun. Raptor didn't really make an impression on me here, he was better on Nightwing (hope he goes back there at some point).

I miss present day Wintergreen- where is he? What is he up to? The flashbacks and suit voice aren't enough for me.

That Slade, a complete bastard but he has a soft spot for his loved ones, even if he has a weird way of showing it. I thought he'd destroy the evidence and protect Adeline, but I didn't see Slade/Etienne coming. Father of the year, ordering hits on one kid and now whatever is going on with Etienne, who is probably spying on Joey for Slade.

But didn't Etienne tell Rose about Richard not being Richard and her father spying on her, which sent her off on her journey of self discovery? And she sent Hosun a text telling him who he REALLY is working for, which made him cut ties with Deathstroke. So what is SHE playing at?
    Last edited by Ivy_b; 02-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.

If that ending is implying what i think it is, not cool Slade.

Last page is exactly what you'd expect from Slade. I love this book.

Always Rakzo

Welp, Slade never changes. He's a complete bastard who loves to manipulate his family just as much as sleeping with young women (At least this time she wasn't a 14 years old. What was up with that?).

About the story itself, there was lots of stuff to like. The parallels between Slade and other mercenaries were well-established and the character development of Joey was particularly good.

Fantastic Member

Etienne is wearing the samething she was when Jericho left so for her sake I hope she is just in shock from the early wedding date and Slade showing up to crash the bed.

Astonishing Member

Slade is such a proper bastard of a super-wheelon.

But yeah, I mean, Etienne almost has to have been spying on Jericho at Slade's behest the whole time, right? Makes sense. Anyway I love the constant wheeling and dealing in this book. His life is so absurd.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    I didn't see a post about, so I decided to make my first thread. What did you guys think of the issue?

I'm glad we finally have confirmation whether Isherwood was alive or not. I'm glad he's not dead, maybe there's hope for Joey yet.

I really like the Red Lion, he's fun. Raptor didn't really make an impression on me here, he was better on Nightwing (hope he goes back there at some point).

I miss present day Wintergreen- where is he? What is he up to? The flashbacks and suit voice aren't enough for me.

That Slade, a complete bastard but he has a soft spot for his loved ones, even if he has a weird way of showing it. I thought he'd destroy the evidence and protect Adeline, but I didn't see Slade/Etienne coming. Father of the year, ordering hits on one kid and now whatever is going on with Etienne, who is probably spying on Joey for Slade.

But didn't Etienne tell Rose about Richard not being Richard and her father spying on her, which sent her off on her journey of self discovery? And she sent Hosun a text telling him who he REALLY is working for, which made him cut ties with Deathstroke. So what is SHE playing at?
    One assumes that, if Etienne has been in it with Slade all along, and this isn't some new development, that everything she did was part of Slade's larger plan. Which adds a whole new level of dirtbag to Slade, and he has plenty of levels already. It's a very Deathstroke thing to do.

I wonder, however, if Etienne is not Slade's pawn, but Adeline's. And that the ending of this issue was Slade trying to "save" Jericho from her manipulations (Slade will have looked at the files he destroyed in this issue before he got rid of them, you can count on it). The whole run has been about how Slade legitimately cares for his children (not loves, he's incapable of that) but that he has no idea how to actually DO it in a way that isn't borderline psychopathic. Putting the hit on Rose so that he could generate some father-daughter time, for example. This seems like the perfect way for him to destroy Joey's relationship, which would be seen by Slade as rescuing Joey from Etienne and Adeline, but which of course runs counter to every caring, rational impulse of people who aren't Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Welp, Slade never changes. He's a complete bastard who loves to manipulate his family just as much as sleeping with young women (At least this time she wasn't a 14 years old. What was up with that?).

About the story itself, there was lots of stuff to like. The parallels between Slade and other mercenaries were well-established and the character development of Joey was particularly good.
    Who was the 14 year old?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Who was the 14 year old?
    I believe they are referring to Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons06 View Post
    I believe they are referring to Terra.
    Ah... Thought she was 16. I'm not saying that that's better, obviously. Just that I thought I missed something somewhere.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    One assumes that, if Etienne has been in it with Slade all along, and this isn't some new development, that everything she did was part of Slade's larger plan. Which adds a whole new level of dirtbag to Slade, and he has plenty of levels already. It's a very Deathstroke thing to do.

I wonder, however, if Etienne is not Slade's pawn, but Adeline's. And that the ending of this issue was Slade trying to "save" Jericho from her manipulations (Slade will have looked at the files he destroyed in this issue before he got rid of them, you can count on it). The whole run has been about how Slade legitimately cares for his children (not loves, he's incapable of that) but that he has no idea how to actually DO it in a way that isn't borderline psychopathic. Putting the hit on Rose so that he could generate some father-daughter time, for example. This seems like the perfect way for him to destroy Joey's relationship, which would be seen by Slade as rescuing Joey from Etienne and Adeline, but which of course runs counter to every caring, rational impulse of people who aren't Deathstroke.
    Too be really twisted, she'd be both Slade's and Adeline's agent.....

It's a lot of pieces to this puzzle, but that's what makes this comic so damn good...

Slade is definitely leading the race for father of the year, that last page, smh...

Hopefully Rose will show up next issue...

I like how Red Lion took the point this issue, narrating most of the story, real informative too...

Nice having Wintergreen back in the mix, albeit, off panel...

Joe is being selfish, make up your mind buddy...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Slade's old costume is so awesome, I wish DC would use more classic costume designs.

But can people stop making trunks jokes? They were never funny in the first place.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I think you might be right about Etienne being Adeline's pawn, her actions with Rose and with Hosun would benefit Adeline more than Slade, unless his game is way too complicated for me to grasp at the moment. But even if Slade decides to do this to 'rescue' Joey, why is Etienne sleeping with him? Is that also part of Adeline's plan? I dunno.

Extraordinary Member

It was pretty freakin awesome not to just see Deathstroke in his classic costume but Jericho as well.