Default Deadly Class #26 BIG TIME SPOILERS

spoilers:
    Okay, I recall back when Marcus died, it was a very controversial subject. I was of the mind that Marcus would come back to life pretty much right away, and this issue marked his triumphant return. However, I recall others saying that if he came back, it would ruin the book for them. So how is everyone feeling about this issue and it's big reveals? I'm hyped for the rest of this arc.
    end of spoilers

Loved it. Reignited my interest in the book.

All-New Member

The thread title says spoilers so I assume it's free to talk about.

I was absolutely gutted when Marcus "died". However the whisper from Saya made me think there was a chance it was all a deeper plot.
    I have to say Remender and Craig pulled this off masterfully, and I loved ever panel of this book. It felt so natural, not cheap or gimmicky. I can't wait
    to see what Marcus has been up to this whole time, and where they go forward with this new class.

I loved this issue and the "twist". This has been one of my favorite books, and I was a bit disappointed throughout the current arc as all of the characters I had grown to love were gone, replaced with villains and new characters. I was willing to ride the series out as I trusted Remender to continue telling an engaging story, but I was afraid the series might not pack the same punch as it had before. That worry is now gone. The end of the last issue was a jump for joy moment for me. And definitely looking forward to seeing how we reached this point (Where has Marcus been? What did Saya whisper to him? Does Saya know he's alive? How did he find out where Maria was? How did he wind up in a hazmat suit over an exploding toilet?)
    Image: Saga, East of West, Black Science, Deadly Class, Outcast, Southern Bastards, Descender, Kill or Be Killed, Black Monday Murders
    Marvel: Star Wars, Poe Dameron, Doctor Aphra
    DC: Detective, Doom Patrol, the Wild Storm

Not to mention the cover is my favorite of the entire series

Remender has been one of my favorite writers for years now, but I'm kind of tired of him killing and reviving his main character in every single story he writes. I was hoping Marcus' death would be permanent since this series is kind of an outlier compared to the sci-fi stuff Remender usually writes.

Still one of the best comics out there, I'll never forget that "Fear and Loathing" style road trip a few arcs ago.