View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #12

0 0%
  • The Belfry (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Black Road #7

1 4.35%
  • Curse Words #2

1 4.35%
  • Descender #19

1 4.35%
  • Drifter #17

0 0%
  • The Few #2

0 0%
  • The Fix #8

1 4.35%
  • Monstress #10

6 26.09%
  • The Old Guard #1

3 13.04%
  • Outcast #25

3 13.04%
  • Revival #47 (of 47)

2 8.70%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #21

3 13.04%
  • Sun Bakery #1

0 0%
  • Other - Loose Ends #2, Mayday #4, She Wolf #6, Shutter # 27, or Surgeon X #6

2 8.70%

Default Image Comics poll week 8 - The Old Guard, Sun Bakery & The Belfry are here!

Welcome to the weekly Image chat thread, vote for your favourite!

So this week is pretty packed again, just like last week when Kill Or Be Killed #6 raked in the most votes in the poll, making it the first series that has won twice this year.

Let's hop straight into it: The Beauty returns with a new jump-on point for new readers and launchings its third storyline, Outcast also begins a new storyline for its 25th issue, Curse Words reprints its first issue alongside the new one just like The Few does, meanwhile The Fix and Surgeon X ends their current storylines, Mayday reaches its penultimate issue... And we get the long-gestating finale to horror mainstay Revival! Running for almost 5 years and nearly 50 issues is a rarity in today's comics market, let's hope Seeley & Norton have arranged a proper burial.

If that wasn't enough though we get no less than 3 new comics too!
    First up: The Old Guard, by writer Greg Rucka (of Lazarus, Black Magick and I think Wonder Woman currently) and artist Leandro Fernandez (the Discipline and Punisher Max). This one is about a bunch of soldiers who are pretty much immortal - not an easy secret to keep surely... Rucka's third major ongoing at Image too, I think? This one's surely the biggest release of the week.

Secondly we get Sun Bakery, a one-man-show anthology by Corey Lewis that was previously published elsewhere (Oni Press?) and sold out entirely. Now the series is at Image, bringing a new monthly anthology. Looks like this one might be something for the fans of Shonen Jump. One of the stories is about a barista functioning as Guardian of the Wifi Password.

Lastly this week also sees the release of The Belfry, a one-shot horror story entirely done by Gabriel Hardman (artist on the gorgeous Invisible Republic). It's about an airplane that goes down in a dense jungle and somehow all its passengers are fine, were it not for the fact they now need to survive the Belfry. Ominous cover on this one too.

271819.jpg 271823.jpg 271824.jpg

Descender for me!

Stray Bullets and Monstress were both brilliant... but this week my vote can go to no other - Revival, what a fitting close to a superb series.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Stray Bullets was pretty funny and super tense, especially after another boring Amy Racecar issue last month. Any word on how long Sunshine And Bullets is going for? I'm kind of ready for it to end. TBH I never wanted this storyline in the first place, I want future plotlines progressed rather than Stray Bullets: The Phantom Menace

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    TBH I never wanted this storyline in the first place, I want future plotlines progressed rather than Stray Bullets: The Phantom Menace
    I guess we will have to deal with treading water until Beth gets out of jail finally.. just love this storyline, anyway.

Monstress #10 and Old Guard #1 for me.

Monstress was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful, tense, horrific and enchanting... even the god-monster is becoming an interesting character in its own right. Liu always leaves me wanting more with this series.

Old Guard... well, it didn't do as well by comparison. I didn't dislike it, but I feel like I've seen Rucka write this type of lead a couple of times already over in Queen & Country and his spy novels. I'll pick up the next issue because the new immortal does interest me, but really, I'd have rather had Lazarus back from hiatus already.

Mayday by default for me. Not an action packed penultimate issue, but the ending is nice. I can't wait for the conclusion for Rose and Felix!

I should have had Curse Words and The Few (plus God Country) last week, but for some reason I didn't get them... I checked with my LCS yesterday and they are on my list, so hopefully it will be sorted and I will get them next week.

I also picked up Green Valley #1, which was fantastic, I absolutely loved it. I've ordered 2-5 and will be pulling #6 onwards.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Stray Bullets, natch. Mom said Jesus made it just for me.

I voted for the Old Guard. I checked it out because I am a Rucka fan (not familiar with the artist and honestly was pretty surprised at how similar it was to Risso). About halfway through I was thinking "meh..." but then I found the second half to be so great, I am all in for this series going forward.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

It's a Stray Bullets week; all others tremble.
    But-- I'm not voting until I've read Old Guard, although CaptCleghorn has me pretty near convinced to stay true to the Bullets..!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Giant week for me, with The Belfry, Sun Bakery, Monstress, She Wolf, and Revival all acquired just now. Only read Monstress so far, and saving Revival for last because Doughy Man's thread has me convinced it's gonna end on a home-run. Genuinely considering to read the whole thing over, but not sure where I'd find the time to mainline 47 issues straight haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Giant week for me, with The Belfry, Sun Bakery, Monstress, She Wolf, and Revival all acquired just now. Only read Monstress so far, and saving Revival for last because Doughy Man's thread has me convinced it's gonna end on a home-run. Genuinely considering to read the whole thing over, but not sure where I'd find the time to mainline 47 issues straight haha.
    Can you not miss a night of sleep, or maybe hide in a cupboard at work and read them?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Can you not miss a night of sleep, or maybe hide in a cupboard at work and read them?
    Lighting's not too great in our cupboards unfortunately. Did cross off Sun Bakery from the reading list though, very vibrant, energetic stuff. Not totally enamored with it yet, but I'll give it another go next month to see if it sticks. Looks like some stories will continue but others might not.

Tough call for me this week. A lot of solid stuff but nothing that really stood out for me. Giving the vote to Outcast for the cool reveal at the end.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I have a lot this week but I have to give a shout foe Curse Words. Such a funny book.