Default Revival - thank you and rest in peace

So it's over, and I don't know that a comic has ever made me cry the way this issue made me cry. So many tears streamed down my face I might have to buy a new copy (mine got a little wet). What a special series, what a beautiful and powerful end.

Thank you Tim Seeley, Mike Norton, Mark Englert, Crank, Jenny Frison and everyone who contributed to Revival. I'll miss these characters you brought to the page. They became real to me, their stories mattered. And that's quite an accomplished in this comics world of ours.

Some memories...

It started with a Free Comic Book Day preview. That's where we first met Jordan and a few other folks...

1302_sbr_revival_illo-crop-original-original.jpg

Little did I know where Tim would take us, and what these people would mean to me. But I was intrigued and because of that preview I put Revival (and It Girl, also included in that free ish) in my pulls list. Released on July 11, 2012 Revival became my first Image comic, from this current era of Image. The first of what would become many.

Em, Martha quickly became my favorite character. Jordan was a close second. But by the end I loved them all.

My favorite cover...

Again, thanks to everyone involved for making this series possible. It was a hell of a journey.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 02-22-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Been a fan of this series from the start and I just read the last trade. It seems like some details as to the overall mystery were a bit rushed - especially the reveal of Em's killer. Was that telegraphed in an earlier issue and I just missed it? The big clue seemed to be the crowbar but when exactly did Martha figure it all out?