Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Relaunch Youngblood

Hi All,

I saw in the May solicitations of Image that they gonna relaunch Youngblood. Now I only could find one small article about this.

Does anyone have more info on this. Who will be in it and who of the previous cast will not be?

What will be the mission and so on?

I remember them from a crossover with marvel's X-Force and liked them a lot. Now thinking of getting this series.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Here's a short article on it, straight from CBR.
    Just gonna copy this from the solicitations:

YOUNGBLOOD #1
    STORY: CHAD BOWERS
    ART / COVER: JIM TOWE
    VARIANT COVER: CHRIS DAUGHTRY, DAVID FINCH, ROB LIEFELD
    MAY 03 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

“YOUNGBLOOD REBORN,” Part One DEBUT ANNIVERSARY ISSUE! 25 years ago, YOUNGBLOOD launched the Image Revolution and turned the comics world on its head! Now the original blockbuster hit series returns with an all-new cast and a brand-new mission! When a young hero goes missing, his friend’s search for answers leads to some unexpected allies. Together, they'll do whatever it takes to find him…even if it means resurrecting the world’s most infamous super-team. Gear up, strap in, and get ready to rediscover comics’ most extreme universe with creators CHAD BOWERS (X-Men ‘92, Deadpool: Bad Blood) and newcomer JIM TOWE!
    Hope that helps you out a bit, I'm not too familiar with the series nor the new creative team.
    Source is here if you want to check out the cover, I think it looks a lot like the Bendis-era Guardians of the Galaxy for some reason.

We also have a thread for classic Image discussion, where more fans of Youngblood have posted so perhaps they can help you ease into the series there.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Only thing this series is gonna do, is make Jim Towe a star. YB will most likely disappear by years end.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

YB is essentially Teen Titans x Avengers x GI Joe, it's awesome! And hopefully the YB movie can come out while Towe is still drawing the book. Now to begin imagining the movie ...

Youngblood
    Director: Justin Lin
    Writer: Jordan Peele
    Cast: Denzel Washington (Sentinel), Keanu Reeves (Diehard), Liam Hemsworth (Shaft), Felicity Jones (Vogue), Hayden Panettiere (Doc Rocket), and more ...

Dare to imagine, compeers ...
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 03-11-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Can't quite answer your questions, OP, except for referring to the solicitation. ...and those linked interviews.

All I know is i'm hyped for this. Even if I thought it'd be bad, I'm hyped for this. The old Extreme imprint was so entertainingly 90s. It's amazing to see what Image has done w/ those IPs w/ Prophet and Supreme. Interesting to see Youngblood stay true to its roots (sans crazy 90s superhero art).
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Astonishing Member

I have been left feeling meh about these Image original titles coming back because they use the name but not the most popular version of the characters. For me I would like for a Youngblood to pick up right where Liefeld left during the art chores. I know that there where many volumes after that but it is the one I remember most fondly and would like to see again. Same thing with Wildcats, they are bringing it back for the WildStorm stuff but it isn't the version I (in full nostalgia mode) want to see (the Jim Lee drawn team with those mentalities). To use the name and one or two characters as well doesn't move me enough to want to add it to my pull list. The Finch alternate cover is the team I want to see, Combat, Sentinel, Diehard, Dutch (I know he came later but I liked him), Photon that is the team that would generate the most excitement. Just like a Wildcats book without Warblade, Spartan, Voodoo and Grifter isn't my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I have been left feeling meh about these Image original titles coming back because they use the name but not the most popular version of the characters. For me I would like for a Youngblood to pick up right where Liefeld left during the art chores. I know that there where many volumes after that but it is the one I remember most fondly and would like to see again. Same thing with Wildcats, they are bringing it back for the WildStorm stuff but it isn't the version I (in full nostalgia mode) want to see (the Jim Lee drawn team with those mentalities). To use the name and one or two characters as well doesn't move me enough to want to add it to my pull list. The Finch alternate cover is the team I want to see, Combat, Sentinel, Diehard, Dutch (I know he came later but I liked him), Photon that is the team that would generate the most excitement. Just like a Wildcats book without Warblade, Spartan, Voodoo and Grifter isn't my cup of tea.
    Bruce Willis as Dutch in the YB movie, what do you think, friend?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    YB is essentially Teen Titans x Avengers x GI Joe, it's awesome! And hopefully the YB movie can come out while Towe is still drawing the book. Now to begin imagining the movie ...

Youngblood
    Director: Justin Lin
    Writer: Jordan Peele
    Cast: Denzel Washington (Sentinel), Keanu Reeves (Diehard), Liam Hemsworth (Shaft), Felicity Jones (Vogue), Hayden Panettiere (Doc Rocket), and more ...

Dare to imagine, compeers ...
    Denzel and Hayden are certainly inspired casting choices, I could see that.

Bruce Willis as Dutch in the YB movie, what do you think, friend?
    I believe he was created and wholly owned by Chap Yeap (hence why was the only past Youngblood member who wasn't featured, just referred to, in Youngblood: Bloodsport #1). So to be used in a movie the studio would either have to make a separate deal with Yeap, or Rob would need to buy the rights from him. But I really don't see that particular character has being necessary enough to even bother.
    Last edited by iblogalot; 03-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    Denzel and Hayden are certainly inspired casting choices, I could see that.

I believe he was created and wholly owned by Chap Yeap (hence why was the only past Youngblood member who wasn't featured, just referred to, in Youngblood: Bloodsport #1). So to be used in a movie the studio would either have to make a separate deal with Yeap, or Rob would need to buy the right from him. But I really don't see that particular character has been necessary enough to even bother.
    You're correct, Dutch is a Yaep creation. At least there's Hatch, the Casey-created expy. I have read a number of your blog posts about Youngblood and the Extreme/Awesome universe. I enjoy your posts and reviews, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the new YB series.

I have read a number of your blog posts about Youngblood and the Extreme/Awesome universe. I enjoy your posts and reviews, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the new YB series.
    Well THANKS! I definitely am planning to buy and post reviews of this new series (as well as Bloodstrike and Brigade, if Rob finally gets those going again).