Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Spider-Woman solo?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...r-woman-comic/

Looks like we can expect another female led solo. Not sure about Land on art, but his MA work has been changing my opnion of him recently.

Extraordinary Member

Not a huge fan of Land, but I could live with it depending on who writes.

Even though I'm not a fan of Land's work. It's good for Hopeless to be getting one of their bigger artists on a project with him.

Mighty Member

If it's Hopeless, and it ties into Spider-Verse, I'm interested. Otherwise ....

Boom for sure pulling this.

Hopeless and Greg Land all on the same book? You bet I'll read it, hopefully Hopeless will be able to keep some of his characters from Undercover as villains.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

omg what does this mean for Mighty Avengers?????

New ongoing artist??

Looks like it. Who would be a good replacement?

why would they do this again it went nowhere last time.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Looks like it. Who would be a good replacement?
    How about Valerio Schiti, he did a pretty great job when he was drawing what I believe was issue 6 and 7 of Mighty Avengers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

He would be good, but won't he be on rotation with another artist on Ultimate Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    How about Valerio Schiti, he did a pretty great job when he was drawing what I believe was issue 6 and 7 of Mighty Avengers.
    I. Would. Die.

You know, the article doesn't say this will be Jessica Drew...what if this is for that Gwen Stacy alternate reality spider-woman?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    You know, the article doesn't say this will be Jessica Drew...what if this is for that Gwen Stacy alternate reality spider-woman?
    .... Even better!
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    why would they do this again it went nowhere last time.
    Honestly, the same reason they are doing Storm. It is not so much about the character as it is that they can now say this is the "8th female led book and we are diversity". They will say the fans demanded it and have been blowing up the internet and their inbox demanding a solo. At least with the prior female-led series they just said they wanted to try something differnet and gain exposure and did not make a big deal about them (save the Captain/Ms.Marvel books) with the Storm series they started the back-patting and numbering and now it seems like there is too much of a political/marketing reason for all of the solo's, whether it is reality of not (IMO_)
    Just like some of the others, it could be great if they take out of Avengers missions and give her solo series a defined vision as to what it is going to be about and not just have her doing Avengers missions that could be done in their book.
    There is also the rub though of having all the Avengers having solo books, not doing very "heroic" deeds and then suddenly you are supposed to cheer for them when they assemble.
    It is a double-edged sword. It does feel though that we are starting to reach Maximum capacity for how many titles they are putting out...it is beginning to feel like the 90's glut all over again becasue of the success of the other media vehicles.
    Regardless, when the chacrater has a slightly higher profile than another I still believe that many of these solo's these are actually mini-series in design that they are watching sales figures to determine the length of the ongoing.