Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    You know, the article doesn't say this will be Jessica Drew...what if this is for that Gwen Stacy alternate reality spider-woman?
    Entirely plausible given the buzz given on her character but I suspect it's for Jess.

As for Land...he hasn't been entirely bad on MA so there's some hope. Hopefully they'll get a nice artist to take over MA. For writing, I wouldn't mind Bunn or Hopeless but I suspect it'll be Hopeless due to AU ending.

BANNED

You know, the article doesn't say this will be Jessica Drew...what if this is for that Gwen Stacy alternate reality spider-woman?
    That would be interesting. It would be interesting to see the response as well from being started with such a kinetic and unique artist as Robbi R and moving to Land (whom I enjoyed, did not enjoy, enjoy again).

Looks like it. Who would be a good replacement?
    D.A.V.I.D. A.J.A.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Honestly, the same reason they are doing Storm. It is not so much about the character as it is that they can now say this is the "8th female led book and we are diversity". They will say the fans demanded it and have been blowing up the internet and their inbox demanding a solo. At least with the prior female-led series they just said they wanted to try something differnet and gain exposure and did not make a big deal about them (save the Captain/Ms.Marvel books) with the Storm series they started the back-patting and numbering and now it seems like there is too much of a political/marketing reason for all of the solo's, whether it is reality of not (IMO_)
    Just like some of the others, it could be great if they take out of Avengers missions and give her solo series a defined vision as to what it is going to be about and not just have her doing Avengers missions that could be done in their book.
    There is also the rub though of having all the Avengers having solo books, not doing very "heroic" deeds and then suddenly you are supposed to cheer for them when they assemble.
    It is a double-edged sword. It does feel though that we are starting to reach Maximum capacity for how many titles they are putting out...it is beginning to feel like the 90's glut all over again becasue of the success of the other media vehicles.
    Regardless, when the chacrater has a slightly higher profile than another I still believe that many of these solo's these are actually mini-series in design that they are watching sales figures to determine the length of the ongoing.
    A lot of cynicism here yet I can't disagree with it at all. Honestly it just seems like another big bullet point that they could trump out. "Look, another female solo book! We are embracing new concepts! We are doing what you want!"

As for the last bit, yeah it'll be telling once they get enough data on sales to see which solo titles will get cancelled.

In case of Storm I thin it is we never gave her a shot and if any femaile x-man could handle a solo it would be her.

If this is Drew and I guess I can't say it is it seems like a wasted shot.

I am all for female led books I read several over the past few years and I like the Drew character so I hope I am wrong. I do agree there is a glut of to many books, and far too many are tied to either the X-men or the Avengers.

I would pick this up for sure.

I think it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I would pick this up for sure.

As much as I wanted a Spiderwoman book, the creative team leaves a lot to be desired for me. Especially the artist.

Greg Land on art says it all. I'm sorry, but I can't support a female solo comic where her breasts bulge in every shot, her mouth orgasms everytime she's hit and her ass perts everytime she picks up a cup of coffee. And every emotion, no matter how serious, is conveyed in a grin! SMH.

I actually find the very idea of Land on a female solo a little offensive...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    A lot of cynicism here yet I can't disagree with it at all. Honestly it just seems like another big bullet point that they could trump out. "Look, another female solo book! We are embracing new concepts! We are doing what you want!"

As for the last bit, yeah it'll be telling once they get enough data on sales to see which solo titles will get cancelled.
    I don't mean for it to be cynical, I just have a tendancy to be a little too blunt at times.
    Personally I hope they all make it for one reason or another, just knowing the reality of the market though it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    D.A.V.I.D. A.J.A.

And who would be his replacement?
    BB

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This is fantastic. Unless Land can be on two titles at once, Mighty will be getting a better permanent artist!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Greg Land on art says it all. I'm sorry, but I can't support a female solo comic where her breasts bulge in every shot, her mouth orgasms everytime she's hit and her ass perts everytime she picks up a cup of coffee. And every emotion, no matter how serious, is conveyed in a grin! SMH.

I actually find the very idea of Land on a female solo a little offensive...
    Yeah, I really can't buy a comic focusing on a female character with Land as the main artist when this is the sort of stuff he churns out:

Three guesses where that originally came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Yeah, I really can't buy a comic focusing on a female character with Land as the main artist when this is the sort of stuff he churns out:

Three guesses where that originally came from.
    Ok, I can see where that would be a problem. I guess we will just has to hope that kind of stuff doesn't happen, but other then this I like his art style.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dreadful creative team if you ask me.

But this is good news for the Mighty Avengers: a new artist that potentially doesn't do stiff tracings.