Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Have you read his run on Mighty Avengers?
    I'm actually concerned about this. I haven't been much of a fan for quite a while, but I think what he's been doing in Mighty Avengers has easily been his best work for Marvel. I think Ewing's plots have a lot do with that. I'm concerned that whoever is with him on Spider-Woman won't be as good a collaborator for him, and he'll revert to being what the others in the thread are referencing.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

With either Bunn or Hopeless on board, I really hope they up the creepy factor for this series, much like Warren Ellis did in Moon Knight. We don't have enough titles to explore the more mysterious sides of Marvel, and with Dr. Strange possibly getting his own series again, this could work as a wonderful companion piece. I'd love to see Jessica return to San Francisco as well. I want to see the Shroud, Brothers' Grimm, Werewolf by Night, Morgan Le Fey, Viper & the Silver Samurai, Daddy Long Legs, Phantasm and many, many more. Mystique would be great as well.

Ultimate Member

Oh god, why WHY did it have to be Greg Land? Don't get me wrong, it's not like he's completely incapable of doing good work. His older stuff was actually pretty good for the most part, and I really like his X-Men Endsong art. But he's just gotten lazy in recent years. These days, his work is tolerable at best (like in MA). Still, I'll check this book out regardless because I really like Spider-Woman. Also, Bunn and Hopeless are both good writers (my distaste for Avengers Arena not withstanding), so either of them world be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I'm actually concerned about this. I haven't been much of a fan for quite a while, but I think what he's been doing in Mighty Avengers has easily been his best work for Marvel. I think Ewing's plots have a lot do with that. I'm concerned that whoever is with him on Spider-Woman won't be as good a collaborator for him, and he'll revert to being what the others in the thread are referencing.
    I share these reservations, but I do know that he can step outside of his photoshop style if given the right motivation. His style has improved over the recent years, so here's hoping whoever he's paired up with, they bring out that same inspiration Gillen and Ewing have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Yeah, I really can't buy a comic focusing on a female character with Land as the main artist when this is the sort of stuff he churns out:

Three guesses where that originally came from.
    This made me laugh at a highly inappropriate time and for a too long of a time.
    Classic...you made my day.

BANNED

Let's just hope Land won't be that lazy.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Marvel should have poached Trevor McCarthy from DC for this title!

Astonishing Member

Maybe Chris Gage and Charles Soule should write Spider-Woman as well.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, they finally give me a SPIDER-WOMAN book...but they put Greg Land on it. What a cruel irony. I've been clamoring for Jessica to have her own comic for so long.

Let's hope for a different artist.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, they finally give me a SPIDER-WOMAN book...but they put Greg Land on it. What a cruel irony. I've been clamoring for Jessica to have her own comic for so long.

Let's hope for a different artist.
    I'm with you there. Hopefully Land wont be on the title for long as Marvel is often to do and move their artists after the first three to six issues.

Extraordinary Member

I'm looking forward to this SO much!
    To be honest, I'm not so pleased with Land being on the art but, I guess I can deal with it.

Extraordinary Member

I just want the book to go in the Batwoman "weird crime" direction.

The original Spider Woman series under Gruenwald ironically did first a lot of what
    the Batwoman book is doing now.

I would LOVE if Soule was writing this. Christos Gage...not so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

It's 50/50

Some just like to complain about Land like others love to complain about Bendis while the other 50%( probably less now ) has legit reason to be concerned he gets lazy again

But his name is a bigger seller for this then Hopeless

Extraordinary Member

I want Waid on writing.