Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I would LOVE if Soule was writing this. Christos Gage...not so much.
    I would LOVE if Coipel was drawing this.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

Coipel would be amazing. Sara Pichelli would be an awesome pick to, or JH Williams III.

Hugely disappointing. I was really hoping for a Jessica Drew Spider-Woman book, but I don't buy Greg Land books. I really cannot tolerate his "art" at all. It feels more like you're reading a collage of a bunch of magazine photos (often the same ones) thrown together than an actual drawn story.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Sara Pichelli on this would have been a Definite MH/MB.

As it is right now...I am waiting to see wot Land does in the prev-pages before I give it serious thought. I like wot he's been doing in MA, but that is under a different writer.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 07-09-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I just want the book to go in the Batwoman "weird crime" direction.

The original Spider Woman series under Gruenwald ironically did first a lot of what
    the Batwoman book is doing now.
    I really hope that Hopeless can do this (no pun intended.) With her weirdo rogues gallery, her past as a private investigator, Hydra agent, SHIELD agent, currently Avenger...there's a ton of crazy stuff to pull from and make this book stand out. Land does have a pretty big fan base so he will bring people in. I would love for this book to stick around long enough to garner a new creative team at the very least an artist more suited for the type of book Spider Woman should have.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This book is already tainted. I've been wanting a new Spider-Woman book for a while now, but I refuse to buy Land's books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Hugely disappointing. I was really hoping for a Jessica Drew Spider-Woman book, but I don't buy Greg Land books. I really cannot tolerate his "art" at all. It feels more like you're reading a collage of a bunch of magazine photos (often the same ones) thrown together than an actual drawn story.
    Wouldn't been better if Marvel had placed Dexter Soy as the artist of the series?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Coipel would be amazing. Sara Pichelli would be an awesome pick to, or JH Williams III.
    JH WIlliams III would be awesome. But would Marvel be willing to pay his rates?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    JH WIlliams III would be awesome. But would Marvel be willing to pay his rates?
    If DC could afford him I don't see why Marvel couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Wouldn't been better if Marvel had placed Dexter Soy as the artist of the series?
    Eh I don't like Dexter Soy at all either, but I think literally anyone would be an upgrade over Land.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Ultimate Member

I hope that they don't try to turn this into another spy book. Don't get me wrong, I love spy books, but Black Widow, Secret Avengers, Winter Soldier, etc already have that avenue nailed down. Let Jess do something different that's uniquely hers.

Extraordinary Member

Lands art just doesn't appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I hope that they don't try to turn this into another spy book. Don't get me wrong, I love spy books, but Black Widow, Secret Avengers, Winter Soldier, etc already have that avenue nailed down. Let Jess do something different that's uniquely hers.
    Agreed. I never cared for her transformation into a super secret SHIELD spy; she was much better off as a private investigator of the weirder aspects of the MU. A series that returned her to her macabre roots would not only distinguish her from the glut of spy books floating around but from basically all the other books Marvel is putting out right now, as the horror side of the MU is currently sorely underused.

Incidental to that, the current Avengers World arc has Jess about to go up against Morgan Le Fay. If that were to be used to set up a new status quo for a solo, I would not be disappointed. Morgan is a great (and underutilized) character, and a great foe for Jess.
    Last edited by Hekabolos; 07-10-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    Agreed. I never cared for her transformation into a super secret SHIELD spy; she was much better off as a private investigator of the weirder aspects of the MU. A series that returned her to her macabre roots would not only distinguish her from the glut of spy books floating around but from basically all the other books Marvel is putting out right now, as the horror side of the MU is currently sorely underused.

Incidental to that, the current Avengers World arc has Jess about to go up against Morgan Le Fay. If that were to be used to set up a new status quo for a solo, I would not be disappointed. Morgan is a great (and underutilized) character, and a great foe for Jess.
    Another villain for Jessica is the Shadow King(who take over Carnage's body), Omega Red, and Toxin(Eddie Brock)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Another villain for Jessica is the Shadow King(who take over Carnage's body), Omega Red, and Toxin(Eddie Brock)!!!
    I've never been a big Carnage fan, but the Shadow King could be really interesting, should the series be more horror oriented. An enemy with no body of his own, but can show up in anyone's head and has absolutely zero morals, is certainly pretty horrifying.