Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Kobik is the second one. The first one was called Kubik and appeared in Captain America Annual #7, published in October 1983.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kubik_(Earth-616)
    Thanks for the link Digifiend. It's very informative of Kubik, and, Kosmos which should be an amalgum of Molecule Man (or one of them) and the Beyonder.

If the first Cosmic Cube evolved into Kubik, it's possible Kobik could be in line for a similar encounter with a cosmic being.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-26-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Kobik can alter "her" appearance. She might have done so to fit into whatever time period that she transported Bucky to. She said that she was going to fix everything. Her primary caregivers were the Red Skull and Selvig; both Hydra. Being with Bucky may have softened her stance; caused her to revolt. Cosmic beings tend to evolve quickly; like Mutant Alpha.
    This is starting to look a hell of a lot like Ulysses, so we might see the Shaper of Worlds suddenly appear and take Kobik away to train her on how to use her gift.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    This is starting to look a hell of a lot like Ulysses, so we might see the Shaper of Worlds suddenly appear and take Kobik away to train her on how to use her gift.
    Well as we see in Ultimates2, Shaper is very dead.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    that never lasts

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    One thing to remember though is that this Red Skull isn't actually the one that's her dad. It's a clone.

I THNK the real one is dead, but ya never know.
    Isn't the real one stuck in an Arnim Zola like body. Also, this corruption of Cap is horrifying isn't it. I'm glad that they've revealed he's been a bad guy since inception though. It really makes a lot of the older stories more understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Ouch. I never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    Isn't the real one stuck in an Arnim Zola like body. Also, this corruption of Cap is horrifying isn't it. I'm glad that they've revealed he's been a bad guy since inception though. It really makes a lot of the older stories more understandable.
    It's only this story since Avengers Standoff that Cap has been Hydra, not his actual history all the way back to 1939. Kobik only reWrote his reality recently. All Caps stories up to Avengers Standoff were as Cap being an actual good guy.

speculation time. Steve martyrs himself during this event; leading to a brief (Dark Reign-brief) period of a Secret Empire-centric Marvel Universe. either the Red Skull or Zemo will take advantage of the new political climate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    If Elisa Sinclair and Kobik are the same, they would have to meld the two into one entity at some point, I'd say, so your rationale could be followed, and everything done to Kobik could be done on an adult level. But the child that is Kobik/Cosmic cube needs to embrace an aging up for this to happen so that action could be taken against it. Has there ever been a personification of a Cosmic Cube before? Like a real person with the power of a Cosmic Cube?
    Owen Reese...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-27-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

BANNED

speculation time. Steve martyrs himself during this event; leading to a brief (Dark Reign-brief) period of a Secret Empire-centric Marvel Universe. either the Red Skull or Zemo will take advantage of the new political climate.
    Personally, I'd rather see Steve as Captain America in a Dark Reign situation. Prophecies are only predictions; Captain America might yet survive the next couple of months and establish the Secret Empire himself. Let something like 'Hydra USA' become the new status quo for the Marvel universe, I say it's about time the superhero community gets taught a harsh lesson in their own hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see Steve as Captain America in a Dark Reign situation.
    that would be my preference also. I was mostly referencing him being killed by Miles in Ulysses' vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Prophecies are only predictions; Captain America might yet survive the next couple of months and establish the Secret Empire himself. Let something like 'Hydra USA' become the new status quo for the Marvel universe, I say it's about time the superhero community gets taught a harsh lesson in their own hubris.
    he's definitely making a power grab; with the S.H.I.E.L.D stuff. I'm wondering if I should be concerned for Sharon's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Yes, Owen Reese does have the energy of a cosmic cube. Thanks ZNOP.

I wonder if Daniel Whitehall will make another appearance. He and Elisa had a pretty tight alliance. Fenhoff is due to appear in Black Panther's book. I can't wait to find out Elisa's origin. She might not be Kobik. But she has shown the power to alter reality; albeit on a smaller scale (made Faustus bleed from the mouth without touching him). Viper never had that ability.

On another note, I wonder if they'll tie Hydra Cap to the Revengers. We never officially found out who Simon was answering to. The team wasn't his idea. Plus he was kind of nuts, at the time. D-Man was one of their number, as well.

Bluebird

that would be my preference also. I was mostly referencing him being killed by Miles in Ulysses' vision.

he's definitely making a power grab; with the S.H.I.E.L.D stuff. I'm wondering if I should be concerned for Sharon's safety.
    SHIELD probably gets dismantled, but reborn anew with a command structure with a team that resembles the MCU SHIELD, complete with a modern-day Jeff Mace as Director.