Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bring on the DC joy!

Extraordinary Member

Dare I hope that this could mean that we'd get a Titans movie at some point???

Top-of-house for me with this news!

After TNT passed on the TV show the previous year, that has been a desire of mine to see this come together. The New Teen Titans could be loads of action and fun if handled right.

Nightwing is a great character... I just hope WB can give him a great movie...

Add my vote for wanting the classic version of Nightwing. In the right hands this could be a great film. Who will they pick for the main bad guy I wonder?

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I feel like Two-Face at the moment.
    On one side I feel so so so bloody excited. On the other side I'm just waiting for it to fall apart before it's even begun.

*whispers* Armie Hammer, Armie Hammer, Armie Hammer.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

This may be the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I'm trying to temper my excitement though, there's plenty of time for this to fall through.

Let's freaking go!! Best news of the day!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I know there is a Dick Grayson thread. But this is great news, and will lead to many developments that are movie-only developments. So no need to tie up the comic thread.

NIGHTWING Film In The Works At Warner Bros. From THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE Director Chris McKay
    I'm very excited! hope they'll make the movie damn good!!

Wow? Seriously? Is this true?? By true I mean they really do the action rather than just the talk? Wow wow wow. I'm really surprised!

Extraordinary Member

If this is true, than this could be huge for implications about where they want to take the Batbrand. I'm a firm believer that the Batfamily is the biggest untapped goldmine across DC live action media, thanks to both the stink of Batman and Robin and a general lack of awareness as to just how deep that treasure trove goes.

Honestly, if Nightwing can get a movie, than that exponentially increases other Batcharacters' chances of making the leap. Babs feels like a no-brainier, whether as Oracle or Batgirl, to be integrated into his film or make a cameo. Tim and Damian provide perfect counterpoint little brother variations, Jason as the rival and little brother Dick wants to set straight, and even Cass and Steph can really work. Not to mention the Titans....
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

If Batfleck does indeed leave the role, or his character is killed off, then this could potentially sent up Nightwing becoming the next Batman.

If this happens, I think the first Grayson Batman movie should be Red Hood. What better way to cement what being Batman means to Dick, then to have him have a battle of ideologies with his "younger brother"? The two sons; the one Bruce saved, and the one he failed. Jason would be rebelling against everything Bruce stood for, while Dick would be attempting to redefine it.

Also we know that Bruce would never kill, but would Dick if pushed as far as Joker, and Jason, could push him. Not to mention, this Dick probably never knew, and/or met Jason, so that would change the dynamic of the story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    If Batfleck does indeed leave the role, or his character is killed off, then this could potentially sent up Nightwing becoming the next Batman.

If this happens, I think the first Grayson Batman movie should be Red Hood. What better way to cement what being Batman means to Dick, then to have him have a battle of ideologies with his "younger brother"? The two sons; the one Bruce saved, and the one he failed. Jason would be rebelling against everything Bruce stood for, while Dick would be attempting to redefine it.
    Also we know that Bruce would never kill, but would Dick if pushed as far as Joker, and Jason, could push him. Not to mention, this Dick probably never knew, and/or met Jason, so that would change the dynamic of the story as well.
    Unfortunately the people at WB didn't get that memo. Bruce is a murderer in the DCEU. Which could be an easy way to explain Dicks transition to being a solo hero. Jason dies, Bruce goes off the rails and finally kills, Dick leaves in disgust.

One step at a time.

Also I think DC might realize people don't want superhero movies to be too dark.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-24-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

That would be amazing, it would be great if they went the Morrison route with Dick if he ever becomes Batman in the DCEU.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics