Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All Star Batman #8 Preview/Discussion

I see this in Newsarama and I put this for the followers of this comic:

http://www.newsarama.com/33309-previ...-batman-8.html
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-24-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Excited to see Snyder tackle Mad Hatter.

Art looks good. Be interesting to see if we get a bit more about the overarcing threat (Ra's?) as we only have #9 left ("“Ends of the Earth” finale!" DC's site says)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-24-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

LOL flamingo attack. This series continues to be so much fun

"Because my family knows how to #$%^ fight." Perfect.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

''I Could See the look in his eyes just before the flamingo hit him''

Lmao
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Idk if I feel this...
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Holy.....that art is amazing

Did Batman just pop Wolverine claws?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Wow, Camuncoli's work here looks a lot better then mots of his recent art in Amazing Spider-Man .

Did Tetch try to apply his research to Wayne Enterprises? I guess I could see that. Though it's interesting having that come after an issue with Ivy who was also retroactively established to have worked at Wayne Enterpires prior to becoming a Supervillain.

So Duke is Batman's "partner." I wonder if that's going to last since Bruce is supposedly training him to be something much more then that?

Surprised to see the Blackhawks turn up like this. Interesting choice of words in saying the originals "vanished."

Heh. Flamingos .

Fake Nightwing hit with a (fake) bird, hehe.

Okay, I know that Batwoman was fake, but did anyone else find the way he defeats her to be really similar to how Spoiler defeated her in 'Tec? Taser Batarang.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Sure looks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Okay, I know that Batwoman was fake, but did anyone else find the way he defeats her to be really similar to how Spoiler defeated her in 'Tec? Taser Batarang.
    I noticed that too. Colony Prime also momentarily incapacitated her with an electricity-based something-or-other. Drugs are already her big weakness, I guess electricity is another.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-25-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He already did in an earlier issue:

Attachment 45803
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Camuncoli's work here looks a lot better then mots of his recent art in Amazing Spider-Man .

Did Tetch try to apply his research to Wayne Enterprises? I guess I could see that. Though it's interesting having that come after an issue with Ivy who was also retroactively established to have worked at Wayne Enterpires prior to becoming a Supervillain.
    Actually, it was established in Zero Years : she was working for one of Jacob Kane's scientist who was killed by Doctor Death. She barely appears (like, five panels) but she is named there.

On another topic, this preview look amazing. I had some difficulties getting into the roadtrip at first, but the issues since it has ended have been rather good. This one looks like it will actually be a really fun read, which is great. Dark and funny aren't necessarily incompatible and Snyder seems to know how to marry the two. I can't wait to get the whole issue.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Those are batarangs between his fingers I think, not claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I noticed that too. Colony Prime also momentarily incapacitated her with an electricity-based something-or-other. Drugs are already her big weakness, I guess electricity is another.
    Err, having a weakness to electricity is a pretty bad weakness to have, tasers aren't exactly uncommon. Plus, there are some villains that use electricity.

Still, if she had too few weaknesses she'd be a bit boring.
    As far as I know she's possibly the only Batfamily member who is mostly bulletproof (except for her head since the cowl doesn't cover her all over, and I don't think it was clarified if the mask has the nanites like her suit).