Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

I can't wait for this one to start.

I just realized that the first issue of Bug has an opening flashback to Cosmic Odyssey.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I would have preferred another Orion series, but am looking forward to this 'Bug' thing. I think it has some Trump Era, classist subtext, between the New Gods and the mortals of New Genesis, that should be interesting.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I would have preferred another Orion series, but am looking forward to this 'Bug' thing. I think it has some Trump Era, classist subtext, between the New Gods and the mortals of New Genesis, that should be interesting.
    Or Fritz Lang Metropolis, even.

Btw... I'd keep an eye out for Tom King's upcoming New Gods series. I'm wondering if it will be keeping Cosmic Odyssey in canon, as well.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-28-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Or Fritz Lang Metropolis, even.

Btw... I'd keep an eye out for Tom King's upcoming New Gods series. I'm wondering if it will be keeping Cosmic Odyssey in canon, as well.
    First I've heard of it...thanks for the heads-up.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Thanks for sharing the preview link. I reallllllly look forward to this series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I just realized that the first issue of Bug has an opening flashback to Cosmic Odyssey.
    Look at that. Huh. I dug up my copy of Cosmic Odyssey just to be sure and you're right.

Extraordinary Member

Gotta say I am LOVING this Mike Allred art. I've always loved his work, especially when he filled in on Daredevil and did Silver Surfer and his Atomics. I should go reread that run.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-28-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Since they are referencing Bug's "death" in Cosmic Odyssey, I wonder if they'll include the bit where Orion was tasked to return his body to his people. (to teach him a lesson for being a jerk) It'd be funny if they retcon it so that Orion just dumped him in someone's basement instead.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm just curious if Cosmic Odyssey still happened did John Stewart still have a hand in the death of that planet? That was a really bad mark on his record and I just assumed it had been removed or ret conned at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm just curious if Cosmic Odyssey still happened did John Stewart still have a hand in the death of that planet? That was a really bad mark on his record and I just assumed it had been removed or ret conned at some point.
    I don't think it was so much 'a hand in the death of that planet' so much as 'new recruit being overconfident and makes a grave error in judgment that had dire consequences'.
    It did play a major part in his 'shaping up' and also gave us Fatality.

I really liked the interaction between him and J'onn after the event, where J'onn displays the exact reason why he would become one of the best leaders of the League.
    He gave John a 'tough love' treatment and counted on his desire to prove J'onn wrong as a means to break him from his despair and regain his confidence.

I love The New Gods and Forager has always intrigued me. Is he a god living among the Bugs? How did he get there? The tale of The Bugs shows that even the benevolent gods of New Genesis are not above xenophobia and fear of "the other". Their chemical warfare created the Bugs and now they shun them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Since they are referencing Bug's "death" in Cosmic Odyssey, I wonder if they'll include the bit where Orion was tasked to return his body to his people. (to teach him a lesson for being a jerk) It'd be funny if they retcon it so that Orion just dumped him in someone's basement instead.
    That would be hilarious! "Yeah, Highfather. I gave him a hero's burial. *snicker*"
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-04-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I am beyond stoked for this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Yup. That was established a loooong time ago in the New 52 Green Lantern Corps.