Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

right on, thanks Middenway!

i hadn't seen anything anywhere about the next step. i agree 100% with your view on how they are handling it as well.

I was just coming to post that.

Great little interview. Love that Mignola cover, too!

spoilers:
    I remember thinking Hellboy didn't complete the handful of tasks mentioned in HiH #1, so yeah, that makes sense now.
    end of spoilers

Wait, what happened to Lawrence? Is this a mistake? Lawrence said recently that he was reading scripts and getting started on new issues.

I was really hoping we weren't going to get a bunch of artists on different arcs.

Mike Mignola (W/Variant cover), Scott Allie (W), Sebastián Fiumara (A/Cover), Dave Stewart (C), and Max Fiumara (Cover)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wait, what happened to Lawrence? Is this a mistake? Lawrence said recently that he was reading scripts and getting started on new issues.

I was really hoping we weren't going to get a bunch of artists on different arcs.
    Laurence is the primary artist on The Devil You Know, but there are still going to be guest artists.

That's surprising given the lead time on this next arc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That's surprising given the lead time on this next arc.
    Could be less to do with scheduling and more to do with the artists culture on the Hellboy books, and especially BPRD. .

Plus when you can get Fiumara to draw a book for you, why would you say no?

I like both the Fiumara brothers, I just wanted one artist on the book. Campbell's also a personal favorite.

spoilers:
    Really disappointed by this to be honest. I get why they did it and all, but it feels really wrong to me for Hellboys final story not to be 100% mignola. I also think having hellboy in the BPRD world will feel awkward. I know they take place in the same universe, but the worlds of the two have felt very different for a long time. I also think having him be back in an ensemble, especially one where he isn't the lead will be weird (Not that I think he should be the lead of this book, I think that would really hurt it). I thought hellboy in hell had a really good ending, and I can't help but feel let down.
    There are also some things that just don't make sense. Like why hellboy is in Rogers grave. Plus, his body shattered after he died. Feels very rushed.
    But whatever. I guess we'll see where it goes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gruagach; 03-03-2018 at 12:06 AM.

All-New Member

I'm honestly surprised by the negativity regarding a recent twist. It's been pretty obviously set up for years. No way it ever was left off in the original place. Really not getting the surprise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised by the negativity regarding a recent twist. It's been pretty obviously set up for years. No way it ever was left off in the original place. Really not getting the surprise
    Totally agree, though I can appreciate why some might be disappointed. I just always thought it was inevitable that he’d come back to earth, because the journey to the underworld and a return to the land of the living is such a classical story.

Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised by those reactions too. We had a discussion about it on Mignolaversity. We were split 50/50 over it.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Totally agree, though I can appreciate why some might be disappointed. I just always thought it was inevitable that he’d come back to earth, because the journey to the underworld and a return to the land of the living is such a classical story.
    I gotta admit I'm feeling like I totally wasn't prepared for this. I'm not negative but just... shocked. A coffin?

A few days ago it ocurred to me however that Kate & the B.P.R.D. apparently did hold a burial proceeding for Hellboy, with "grave"-/memorial stone, like in the Duncan Fegredo inkwash cover. Or is that a different place than where the coffin is unearthed? Or is he actually found in Roger's grave - eventhough I seem to remember Roger's final resting place to being more like a mausoleum type of spot with pillars, as depicted in-story?

I'm still (re-)reading and figuring it out I guess. But if you ask me if Hellboy's really back among the living I'm inclined to say no, as it seems to me he'd be more destiny-bound in my mind. But we'll see .
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    A few days ago it ocurred to me however that Kate & the B.P.R.D. apparently did hold a burial proceeding for Hellboy, with "grave"-/memorial stone, like in the Duncan Fegredo inkwash cover. Or is that a different place than where the coffin is unearthed? Or is he actually found in Roger's grave - eventhough I seem to remember Roger's final resting place to being more like a mausoleum type of spot with pillars, as depicted in-story?
    You're thinking of the place Roger's spirit chose to rest as seen when Johann visits him at the end of The Universal Machine. Roger's physical grave is shown in Garden of Souls.

Roger's grave.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    You're thinking of the place Roger's spirit chose to rest as seen when Johann visits him at the end of The Universal Machine. Roger's physical grave is shown in Garden of Souls.
    Yeah, thanks Mark.

Seems fitting now how Roger's grave is actually nameless - not even something like "Nomen Nescio" - which traditionally would be put on a grave to signify it as being a grave at all.
    Excellent place for Hellboy's corpse to resurface.

I'm not negative, you see . Not that I'm expecting any earth-shattering stuff - let me rephrase - I only expect the one Earth Shattering Thing from Hellboy, with no way of averting the Apocalypse by the B.P.R.D. or whomever else, but if Hellboy still has some other business to tend to, that seems fine by me.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper