Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

More Varvara sounds good to me

I'm sure this was addressed at the ECCC panel yesterday. Looking for any recap of it, but nothing yet.

Here's some quotes DH tweeted. Not anything too exciting in there, though. Not really talking about the future of the Mignolaverse, so much as working with Chris.
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/lifeafte...fault&src=hash
    Last edited by Joker; 03-05-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Seems like the panel went entirely uncovered, despite every other panel getting reported on. Bleedingcool managed to report on the fan fiction panel, but missed this one. Bummer.

Yeah, I've been searching for coverage too

I'm surprised Multiversity didn't tap someone attending to cover it. Or maybe the did and it's not up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm surprised Multiversity didn't tap someone attending to cover it. Or maybe the did and it's not up yet.
    No, sadly, I'm on the wrong continenent.

All-New Member

Ooh, an update!
    But sadly no details yet on the new BPRD cycle.

It's called The Devil You Know. Roberson is writing it. Campbell is drawing it. Fegredo is doing covers. That's what we know, based on what's been said and seen.

Hmm, solicitations lost Allie as writing it.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...solicitations/

Not super thrilled by that. I think he's a great editor, but I've yet to read anything from him that really thrilled me. Hellboy or otherwise. Guess we'll see

It's interesting there is a #1 on the cover. Are they not continuing numbering from the last issue of Hell on Earth (#147)? Or will it say "number 148 in a series" on the inside?

Probably the latter.

I don't know about Allie, but I'm sort of glad it's not Roberson.

All-New Member

I actually really enjoyed the Abe Sapien book. Loved Arcudi but I think Allie is a great follow up. I really like Roberson so far. I agree he's a little more talky but it hasn't been overtly bad to me. Really enjoyed Witchfinder, Rise of the Black Flame and the second issue of the The Visitor. I think the Mignolaverse is in good hands plus Arcudi is still killing it on LoJo.

I think Roberson just needs to realize one of the strengths of the Mignloaverse is mood. There's been a ton of scenes that would have played so much better without any words. If he got that, he'd be doing a great job up to this point.

I still haven't read any of Allie's writing, save that short in the Winter Special.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think Roberson just needs to realize one of the strengths of the Mignloaverse is mood. There's been a ton of scenes that would have played so much better without any words. If he got that, he'd be doing a great job up to this point.

I still haven't read any of Allie's writing, save that short in the Winter Special.
    I think Allie will satisfy the mood you want to see from Roberson. He's a fan of letting the art tell the story. You can tell this from the Abe Sapien run. I think Roberson will get there. I feel ROTBF and The Visitor seem to be leaning this way so fingers crossed.