Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    The Claw of Justice!

I read all 5 issues of this today. Wowza!

spoilers:
    Unfortunately I had the big twist spoiled for me. But still, there were plenty of surprises, and I thought this series was really strong overall.

Liz and Howards' relationship was surprising, but I think it's a great idea.

I think it's cool that Ashley is playing a bigger role in the main BPRD series now.

Vampires! I love me some vampires and I can't wait to see how that plays out.
    end of spoilers

Campbell, Stewart, and Robins are just hitting it out of the park on the art.

Great interview! Thanks to share.

I'm really happy that the monthly release is supposed to be beck till the end. A monthly BPRD is what got me back to comics a few years ago, at the beginning of Hell on Earth. And it never disappointed me!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

The Claw of Justice!

Yeah, it'll be good to have a monthly Mignola book again. The schedule has been a little sparse lately.

We've had the couple mini series coming out monthly, with a bit of overlap between them.

It will be nice to have BPRD back, though. It's certainly the 'important' book in the line. Especially after the last issue.

I'm very excited for the future of the book, B.P.R.D. is my favorite ongoing comic.

This post contains no actual spoilers for B.P.R.D.

I does contain some speculation, and if you want to be surprised should this come to pass, fair warning, don't read the spoiler part.

Fair warning.

spoilers:
    So, I just finally read Frankenstein Underground.

I don't know why I hadn't read it yet, it'd been on the list... but now that I have, I'm pretty certain he's going to show up in this cycle of B.P.R.D. There's just too many connections to things happening in The Devil You Know, including direct connections to past stories. He's full of Vril, he's merged with a Hyperborean, he's probably still living, and the book ends with a narrator that's nowhere to be seen in the book previously.

I would be pretty surprised if he didn't show up in The Devil You Know at some point.
    end of spoilers

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This post contains no actual spoilers for B.P.R.D.

I does contain some speculation, and if you want to be surprised should this come to pass, fair warning, don't read the spoiler part.

Fair warning.

spoilers:
    So, I just finally read Frankenstein Underground.

I don't know why I hadn't read it yet, it'd been on the list... but now that I have, I'm pretty certain he's going to show up in this cycle of B.P.R.D. There's just too many connections to things happening in The Devil You Know, including direct connections to past stories. He's full of Vril, he's merged with a Hyperborean, he's probably still living, and the book ends with a narrator that's nowhere to be seen in the book previously.

I would be pretty surprised if he didn't show up in The Devil You Know at some point.
    end of spoilers
    I've been thinking the same thing. And I'm also wondering about the timing of this Koshchei the Deathless story... Perhaps he will make an appearance, escaping the abandoned hell as well? And what of Sir Edward Grey?

Perhaps. Thought it feels more like Mike using it as an avenue to tell the weird folklore style stories he likes to do. More like him playing around than planning anything. It's not very steeped in the Mignolaverse history/mythology.

Well...

No spoilers here, but let's just say this was a good one. Looking forward to reading the Mignolaversity on this one.

EDIT: I have a question. It's not really a spoiler to this issue, so much as in general. Something mentioned many times, but I don't think ever clearly defined... I guess I'll wait for you guys to get a chance to read this.
    Last edited by Joker; 05-09-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Great issue! I'm also looking forward to reading the Mignolaversity review. It's the first thing I read after reading a new issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well...

No spoilers here, but let's just say this was a good one. Looking forward to reading the Mignolaversity on this one.

EDIT: I have a question. It's not really a spoiler to this issue, so much as in general. Something mentioned many times, but I don't think ever clearly defined... I guess I'll wait for you guys to get a chance to read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Great issue! I'm also looking forward to reading the Mignolaversity review. It's the first thing I read after reading a new issue.
    Sorry to make you wait, but we're not allowed to run our review until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Then I'll have to read the new issue a couple more times before reading your review tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Oh lame! I get it, but...

Might have to PM you then!

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

The West Coast of the US got screwed on distribution, so we don’t get it ‘til next week. Looks like I’ll be downloading a digital copy this afternoon.