Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

More Varvara sounds good to me

I'm sure this was addressed at the ECCC panel yesterday. Looking for any recap of it, but nothing yet.

Here's some quotes DH tweeted. Not anything too exciting in there, though. Not really talking about the future of the Mignolaverse, so much as working with Chris.
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/lifeafte...fault&src=hash
    Last edited by Joker; 03-05-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Seems like the panel went entirely uncovered, despite every other panel getting reported on. Bleedingcool managed to report on the fan fiction panel, but missed this one. Bummer.

Yeah, I've been searching for coverage too

I'm surprised Multiversity didn't tap someone attending to cover it. Or maybe the did and it's not up yet.

BANNED

Default B P R D The Devil You Know

As much as I like Master of the Moon for its Strange Highway-esque doom vibe, I prefer The Devil You Know.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warnermam View Post
    As much as I like Master of the Moon for its Strange Highway-esque doom vibe, I prefer The Devil You Know.
    Took me right back to 2009.

Due out Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019.

B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know #12
    The B.P.R.D. desperately grasps for a plan to save humanity from a deep-seated danger, while Hellboy is visited by an old acquaintance with new information.
    Writer: Mike Mignola
    Artist: Laurence Campbell
    Colorist: Dave Stewart
    Cover Artist: Mike Mignola
    Genre: Horror
    Publication Date: January 02, 2019
    (U.S.) Price: $3.99
    (https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...il-You-Know-12)

I don't know about everybody else, but I think #12 is one of the most epic single B.P.R.D. issues ever.

It was certainly good to see more of Sir Edward. I have to read these issues extremely slow, they have all been very epic and should be read as such. It's the end of days.

I am not seeing it the way some here do. This story still feels disjointed and hard to follow. Not a bad book, and it is setting up the Big End. But "best issue ever"? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-10-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Hey Kirby,

I know you’d previously said you didn’t read Abe Sapien and that you were missing details on some stuff from books you hadn’t read, or had forgotten others. If there are questions you have, you’re in the right place to ask ‘em.

I personally do feel that this is up there with the best issues of BPRD, though I’d probably go with something more personal, like the end of The Long Death, as my absolute favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Hey Kirby,

I know you’d previously said you didn’t read Abe Sapien and that you were missing details on some stuff from books you hadn’t read, or had forgotten others. If there are questions you have, you’re in the right place to ask ‘em.

I personally do feel that this is up there with the best issues of BPRD, though I’d probably go with something more personal, like the end of The Long Death, as my absolute favourite.
    Thanks, I was able to follow it alright. I just felt it was all exposition and build up. I just don't see it anywhere in the top all time issues.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ends with issue #15

After fifteen years of B.P.R.D. comics, the series reaches its explosive conclusion!