Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 313
  1. #271
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    it's weird not having a Tweedale review for this issue

  2. #272
    Amazing Member Clayton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Beautiful British Columbia
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    it's weird not having a Tweedale review for this issue
    It most certainly is. My ritual of reading the issue and popping over to his review immediately after was something I looked forward to and took for granted. I miss it.

  3. #273
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    It most certainly is. My ritual of reading the issue and popping over to his review immediately after was something I looked forward to and took for granted. I miss it.
    You hear that Tweedale? We love you and totally respect your decision, but also wish you were still writing those reviews.

  4. #274

    Default

    Thanks. I'll probably end up doing Mignolaversity again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever return to single-issue reviews. Those were the biggest grind for me. If I do reviews for it again, I'd prefer to write them for a trade. That's my preferred way to read anyway—I'm just not an issue kind of guy.

  5. #275
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably end up doing Mignolaversity again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever return to single-issue reviews. Those were the biggest grind for me. If I do reviews for it again, I'd prefer to write them for a trade. That's my preferred way to read anyway—I'm just not an issue kind of guy.
    Totally understandable. It's easier to miss small (but important) things with those +/-monthly breaks between chapters/issues, plus the trade collections usually have additional notes and drawings.

  6. #276
    Incredible Member topfueluhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably end up doing Mignolaversity again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever return to single-issue reviews. Those were the biggest grind for me. If I do reviews for it again, I'd prefer to write them for a trade. That's my preferred way to read anyway—I'm just not an issue kind of guy.
    I for one am happy to hear that you might be back in some capacity.

  7. #277
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Hey Mark,

    The Hellboy Book Club podcast, and the way I read basically all of Abe Sapien has convinced me entirely that the Mignolaverse stuff is so much better consumed (and reviewed) as whole story arcs and individual one shots. I’d be perfectly happy to sacrifice monthly reviews if we were to get the occasional Hellnotes and TPB reviews as and when you can manage it.

  8. #278
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,542

    Default

    One week from Wednesday . . .


    https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...il-You-Know-15

    Then in July (July 17, 2019)

    B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know Volume 3--Ragna Rok TPB
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001...-Ragna-Rok-TPB

  9. #279
    Amazing Member timbolton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    It's extremely exciting... just what is going to happen? I'm with the idea that we will see a series post-BPRD The Devil You Know.

    In fact, Mignola may have let something slip in an interview (SPOILERS)

    spoilers:
    "Quaintance: Speaking of, what does the next phase of Hellboy comics look like, is it all back-filling previous eras or will there be new stories past The Devil You Know on the timeline? Personally, I’d love to see more shorts….

    Mignola: Right now there are several Hellboy short stories in the works—some by Chris Roberson and quite a few by me. Right now they are all set in Hellboy’s past. I do actually have a couple ideas for things that take place after The Devil You Know. Hard to say how or if Hellboy will feature into those plans, and The Devil You Know leaves him in a very strange place that I’m not even sure I understand."

    So Mignola just revealed HB exists in some form or another at the very very end of Devil You Know. Unless of course he is just messing with us again. But I never fell for DHC and their HB is done after "Hellboy in Hell" and knew he'd reappear in BPRD.
    end of spoilers

    Source: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...t-for-hellboy/
    Last edited by timbolton; 04-13-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

  10. #280
    Spectacular Member KROENEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I am nervous/excited for the end tomorrow. It's a sad and exhilarating thing. At least we know the stories are going to continue.

  11. #281

    Default

    Im hoping Abe has a reunion with Grace and Dayana's crew. That was my favorite arc in the Abe solo comic. I wouldn't mind if that girl who wanted to join the BPRD follows through on that.

  12. #282
    Spectacular Member seusilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timbolton View Post
    It's extremely exciting... just what is going to happen? I'm with the idea that we will see a series post-BPRD The Devil You Know.

    In fact, Mignola may have let something slip in an interview (SPOILERS)

    spoilers:
    "Quaintance: Speaking of, what does the next phase of Hellboy comics look like, is it all back-filling previous eras or will there be new stories past The Devil You Know on the timeline? Personally, I’d love to see more shorts….

    Mignola: Right now there are several Hellboy short stories in the works—some by Chris Roberson and quite a few by me. Right now they are all set in Hellboy’s past. I do actually have a couple ideas for things that take place after The Devil You Know. Hard to say how or if Hellboy will feature into those plans, and The Devil You Know leaves him in a very strange place that I’m not even sure I understand."

    So Mignola just revealed HB exists in some form or another at the very very end of Devil You Know. Unless of course he is just messing with us again. But I never fell for DHC and their HB is done after "Hellboy in Hell" and knew he'd reappear in BPRD.
    end of spoilers

    Source: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...t-for-hellboy/
    HB looks like some kind of ghost right now, maybe we will see more of him like Sir Edward (?).
    I'm sure there will be new stuff post-TDYK, HB in Hell ended with Pluto "waking" called by the other demons... maybe he is the next big bad guy. And I doubt Koschei tale is over too.

  13. #283
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Well....that was a masterpiece!

  14. #284
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    I will just say that this is easily one of the most beautiful issues of B.P.R.D. in quite some time.

    For now, I will leave it at that.

  15. #285
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Wow. Like, I don't really have words to describe my feelings on this final issue. Felt kind of similar when Hellboy in Hell ended.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •