Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Well you know, There comes a time when the old characters die. The brave die with the cunning! The noble perish locked in battle with unleashed evil. It is the last day for them! An era of great comics passing in fiery holocaust!
    Yes, I have heard that somewhere.

Do we know if Mignola is launching a new "Second World" after this is over.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All those deaths are getting to me. I don't know if I want to leave these books, after decades, with almost everyone dead. (I figure there are more deaths coming)
    I understand your feeling but everything that has a beginning also has an end. I just wish that the story went a little slower than rapidly doing everything and killing characters on short notice.

spoilers:

I've been rereading through Hell On Earth the last couple weeks and realized something that got past me before. In the Russia arc we see Iosif killing off a group of people working for Varvara, with Lazar getting away. In Return of the Master Lazar seems to be transforming into Rasputin, though there's never 100% confirmation (There's the cut from "Maybe someone else already found his soul" to Lazar, and Tyler Crooks notes in the trade refer to him as Rasputin). And then eventually Lazar is just burned away in an instant and the whole situation basically goes unresolved with no one really sure what happened. It seems like on reread, knowing what's coming, there's more to the Varvara's people trying to summon Rasputin than we realized at the time.
    end of spoilers

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    spoilers:

I've been rereading through Hell On Earth the last couple weeks and realized something that got past me before. In the Russia arc we see Iosif killing off a group of people working for Varvara, with Lazar getting away. In Return of the Master Lazar seems to be transforming into Rasputin, though there's never 100% confirmation (There's the cut from "Maybe someone else already found his soul" to Lazar, and Tyler Crooks notes in the trade refer to him as Rasputin). And then eventually Lazar is just burned away in an instant and the whole situation basically goes unresolved with no one really sure what happened. It seems like on reread, knowing what's coming, there's more to the Varvara's people trying to summon Rasputin than we realized at the time.
    end of spoilers
    Niiiiiiiice!!

I had always wondered about that. Felt pretty confused about that for a while, then just sort of forgot about it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    Niiiiiiiice!!

I had always wondered about that. Felt pretty confused about that for a while, then just sort of forgot about it.
    Yeah, on my reread, the Return of the Master makes a lot more sense. The question I still have is did the Black Flame destroy Lazar intentionally to remove a competitor, or was him being burned to a crisp just a coincidence? Initially, I believed the latter, but now I think the former is much more likely.

Hopefully we’ll get some clarification on Lazar’s role in things in the remaining issues

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Hey you made a connection I never considered for a minute. And I call myself a fan of the Hellboy universe, for shame.

BANNED

Default B P R D The Devil You Know

As much as I like Master of the Moon for its Strange Highway-esque doom vibe, I prefer The Devil You Know.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warnermam View Post
    As much as I like Master of the Moon for its Strange Highway-esque doom vibe, I prefer The Devil You Know.
    Took me right back to 2009.

Due out Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019.

B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know #12
    The B.P.R.D. desperately grasps for a plan to save humanity from a deep-seated danger, while Hellboy is visited by an old acquaintance with new information.
    Writer: Mike Mignola
    Artist: Laurence Campbell
    Colorist: Dave Stewart
    Cover Artist: Mike Mignola
    Genre: Horror
    Publication Date: January 02, 2019
    (U.S.) Price: $3.99
    (https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...il-You-Know-12)

I don't know about everybody else, but I think #12 is one of the most epic single B.P.R.D. issues ever.

It was certainly good to see more of Sir Edward. I have to read these issues extremely slow, they have all been very epic and should be read as such. It's the end of days.

I thought issue #12 was great, a nearly perfect issue for me.

Yeah, I thought it was a solid issue.

I've been going back and re reading a lot of the connective tissue. I do feel like this is all pretty well planned out after having done that.
    I still have some reticence about the speed at which this is happening, but I'm also still unsure that this is the end of the current timeline for the Mignolaverse.

I think, as I said elsewhere, this is the end of the B.P.R.D. as an organization and title. I figured Frankenstein Underground was going to factor in, and I believe that even more, after this issue. Definitely interested to see where things go in and after the next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think, as I said elsewhere, this is the end of the B.P.R.D. as an organization and title. I figured Frankenstein Underground was going to factor in, and I believe that even more, after this issue. Definitely interested to see where things go in and after the next few issues.
    I'm inclined to agree.