Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    I enjoyed it as well... lot of threads to follow in the coming issues. Super happy to see a certain head in a jar return.

I am surprised no one has mention the Liz and Howards kiss...

I am just happy to have BPRD back to be honest.
    I saw how close Liz and Howards were physically when she dropped him off, but I wasn't sure if it registered with me as a kiss or not. I guess we'll be keeping a close eye on these two.

Oh, wow. I didn't even register the kiss. But, they aren't actually touching in that panel, so, it's a little ambiguous, I guess.

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar

Just a quick review I wrote.

I am not as familiar with everything Mignolaverse, so I didn't pick up on some of the details you're commenting on.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

http://talkingcomicbooks.com/2017/07...know-1-review/
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman

Fantastic Member

It is a little ambiguous, with the tiny white space between them. Maybe they're whispering secrets into each other's mouths, or she's turning to face him because her friendo is dead. When you look back she smiles at him earlier in the issue and it's pretty suggestive of something between them, with them both being so usually taciturn.

All I want is Mike Mignola to draw some more comics

Spectacular Member

#2 was certainly a step up, things felt a little more cohesive and I'm glad Liz's coldness is part of the narrative and not just an oversight in the writing. It's cool to see the vampire plot starting to pay off after almost 9 years of build up. Looking forward to Liz and Abe's reunion next month.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I really enjoyed this issue. Her lack of reaction to Tian's death was a sticking point in issue one, but I'm glad to see they addressed it. I have a feeling that she's switched off her emotions as they relate to the normal members of the BPRD because they're so squishy, but that she feels Abe and Howard's are more resilient and so won't just die on her.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This had two fantastic things going on for: vampires...and Abe! Man, I'm glad to see them both and I hope we see a lot more going forward. Over all it still feels a little disjointed but I have a feeling that something big is coming down the pike that will end up bringing the various pieces back together.

This was one scary issue. Campbell does creepy so well.
    I get the past history confused. Are these Vamps from earlier books, maybe Witchfinder? I know Baltimore is a different timeline.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This was one scary issue. Campbell does creepy so well.
    I get the past history confused. Are these Vamps from earlier books, maybe Witchfinder? I know Baltimore is a different timeline.
    Vampires appeared in many books. This plot notably played a role in B.P.R.D.: 1947 (5 issues), Hellboy: The Sleeping and the Dead (2 issues), Hellboy: The Varcolac (short), Abe Sapien: The Land of the Dead (one-shot), B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Pickens County Horror (2 issues) and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Grind (one-shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Vampires appeared in many books. This plot notably played a role in B.P.R.D.: 1947 (5 issues), Hellboy: The Sleeping and the Dead (2 issues), Hellboy: The Varcolac (short), Abe Sapien: The Land of the Dead (one-shot), B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Pickens County Horror (2 issues) and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Grind (one-shot).
    Thanks Shargor. I recall vamps appearing in various Hellboy books. But these particular vampires talked of sleeping a long time, i wondered if they were from another Mignolaverse book?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Thanks Shargor. I recall vamps appearing in various Hellboy books. But these particular vampires talked of sleeping a long time, i wondered if they were from another Mignolaverse book?
    It was their plot to lie low (sleeping) till the time when people will forget (how to fight) them, so they could return and conquer the world. It was explained in 1947.
    Next three mentioned by me books are about occasional findings of these "burial places" by Hellboy or Abe Sapien.
    But something went wrong with this plan (first seeds are in two Hell on Earth arcs I mentioned), and what excatly, we will learn in upcoming issues.

Thanks, I am grateful people like you here have a better recollection of the stories than I do.

Amazing Member

You're welcome. I advise you to read Mark's article about Vampires: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...otes-vampires/
    Despite the fact it was written 4 years ago, it's mostly up to date regarding this "sleeping plot".