Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I had a hard time following the last issue. Who is Stazz and how does Devon think they would be able to remove Liz from the room?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Are we really putting our faith in Scott Allie resurrecting Roger and doing it right?
    I’m not trusting anything. The fact they’re telegraphing it makes me think it won’t happen anyway, but if it did, I’d be much more inclined to trust in my reading of it when it was released than prejudging the work of a man who has been working on Hellboy since near to its inception and who Mignola credits with an awful lot of the success of his work.

I get the critique though. Abe Sapien was a really disjointed (and, to me, incredibly enjoyable) reading experience, and this B.P.R.D run so far has been different, spending time establishing what the characters relationships are like now Kate and Johann are gone, Abe is back, and Devon is in charge. Like with all things time will tell. Roberson is proving to be a steady, even hand on every title except that Strode mini.

I get if you feel he’s not for you though.

Stazz was an agent who made a few appearances in the Abe Spain series

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Stazz was an agent who made a few appearances in the Abe Spain series
    I am sure that was auto-correct, but the Abe Spain series sounds like a cool private eye title.

Abe Spain could team up with Joe Golum.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Whoops! Uh, that’s actually Abe Sapiens non union Mexian equivalent.

It also initially corrected Stazz to Stanza, but I had caught and edited that one. Can’t win them all I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I’m not trusting anything.
    I was really just making a joke.

Fantastic Member

I was really just making a joke.
    Oh! Yeah, totally! Me too! *shuffles feet awkwardly* look at us, jokey jokes.

Well, it's funny because it's true!

I've enjoyed him on the first three issues more than I expected. I didn't read enough Abe to make a fair assessment.

At the end of the day, I don't think Mike would let it happen if there wasn't a damn good reason to do it, or for it to happen.

But personally I hope it doesn't.

At the end of the day, I don't think Mike would let it happen if there wasn't a damn good reason to do it, or for it to happen.

But personally I hope it doesn't.
    When I think about how specifically Roger comes up in 'Hellboy: The Storm & the Fury' already - visually at least - with queen Mabh foretelling about Hellboy needing help from friends before meeting his destiny ultimately or some such, I'm not so convinced Roger would even need being brought back to life at all.

Since even with him remaining all dead and gone, Roger could still become to prove some kind of embodiment to what the Bureau still needs to achieve or come full circle with? So Hellboy's destiny could become foreseeable as resolvable once and for all?
    (At least I assume that's what basically the whole Vigrid angle, together with Hellboy's selfchosen homecoming, is for: for making endings or resolve become possible & foreseeable, before or prior because 'beyond' apocalypses there'd be no possible storytelling, which couples nicely with such endings as proving but hard if not impossible to envision in the first place, in making for decent leisure reading )
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-08-2017 at 03:00 AM. Reason: wording & brevity.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Ho lee ****!!!

😮😮😮

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    Ho lee ****!!!

😮😮😮
    I just don’t even know what to do with myself right now.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I just don’t even know what to do with myself right now.
    I don't either! I'm impatiently waiting to watch the internet explode.

OK, the trade comes out in April. Let's see if we can keep this forum a spoiler-free environment for trade readers. Remember to spoiler tag your posts.

This issue was amazing! I wish we knew when we are getting more BPRD now more than ever.

Spectacular Member

well done to Allie, deserves all the praise in the world for that misdirection