Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Nightwing #16 preview/Discussion

http://comicsalliance.com/nightwing-...usive-preview/

Damian is super short. I do like Starfires slight slip up with names.

I actually like Shawn a lot but that was such a meh opening to a new arc. And Dami's motives of heading to the Blud? Oh well, he's just a child. Damn, why am I not feeling the hype for this issue as I felt for when I saw the previews for #15...

Yeah Shawn is too perfect and I know 2 month went by in that one comic but too me it is cheating and is not a true build up in comparison to the character of Dick Grayson. Shawn wont have legs as a character if this keeps up, I don't agree with how Seeley writes Damian and Dick as hipsters.

Mighty Member

I feel like these first few pages are build up. Also I like Shawn and their lack of stupid problems. She is clearly not perfect, where did that even come from? Also hipsters????

Incredible Member

I am so very ready for Bludhaven to be done with, but I am also ready for Dick and Shawn to have Problems. So.

Also, I wondering if the Horsemen are going to give Stallion troubles.
    Last edited by HellHere; 02-24-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I feel like these first few pages are build up. Also I like Shawn and their lack of stupid problems. She is clearly not perfect, where did that even come from? Also hipsters????
    I love Shawn and their lack of stupid problems!

This has a weird time line, right?
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-24-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I love Shawn and their lack of stupid problems!

This has a weird time line, right?
    Yeah it does considering last issue unless that's already happened and Dick just doesn't know it.

Okay this issue seems funny as hell. WTF Damian. I don't like these two having issues. Also was he eating a giant sack of peanuts?

I know Damian see's himself as Batman, but even he loved his time as Robin under Dick. I wouldn't think that he would see a DickBats as invalid.

God, Fernandez's city shots are beautiful. His darkier, more stylistic art would be a better fit for Blüdhaven than To. I'm torn though, because I don't think To would be a good fit for the globetrotting, and I'd rather have the artist I like more in the arcs I like more.

Edit: Not Seeley's fault, but it makes me fume that Bruce has taken in Duke as a son in the manmer, but Damian is living in San Francisco. I don't mind Duke as a character, but the way they are using him right now and the way that they are using Damian right now makes Bruce look like a really, really bad dad.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 02-24-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I love it when Damian acts like a little brat lmao this is gonna be fun to read

Did anyone else notice that Damian's phone has a Nightwing themed cover? How sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I know Damian see's himself as Batman, but even he loved his time as Robin under Dick. I wouldn't think that he would see a DickBats as invalid.

God, Fernandez's city shots are beautiful. His darkier, more stylistic art would be a better fit for Blüdhaven than To. I'm torn though, because I don't think To would be a good fit for the globetrotting, and I'd rather have the artist I like more in the arcs I like more.

Edit: Not Seeley's fault, but it makes me fume that Bruce has taken in Duke as a son in the manmer, but Damian is living in San Francisco. I don't mind Duke as a character, but the way they are using him right now and the way that they are using Damian right now makes Bruce look like a really, really bad dad.
    They are not handling it very well at all. I wouldn't even mind if they showed his pets every now and then or made mention of him a bit. The whole thing looks bad and it's not going to pay off because Duke isn't catching on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Damian's phone has a Nightwing themed cover? How sweet.
    Really? I glanced at it and thought it was a bat symbol.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

The art looks a bit weird in places to me and I'm not sure I like the reason Damian is running off to Bludhaven either. I'll reserve judgement until the issue drops though. Maybe the rest of the issue is better than this preview was. I'm just not feeling hyped for this like I was before.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I love Damian . Also is this before Shawn's abduction? That "she has nothing to hide" make me think she's hiding something. And those chirps(?) are pretty funny, and I glad to see stuff like that. Overall this looks good, i mean horse head bad guys. I like that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-24-2017 at 04:45 PM.