Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Didn't we already see professor pyg on one of the upcoming solicits?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn't we already see professor pyg on one of the upcoming solicits?
    Yes, but the solic for 20 seems to imply there is a mysterious big bad behind it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Speaking of Dickbats! James Jr. would be a stellar villain for the Nightwing movie. Pretty much adapt The Black Mirror to suit Nightwing.

As for the 3 things I'd keep:

1) Dicks new cast outside of the Batman family. Midnighter, Tiger etc.

2) Helena as a love interest. That romance had so much potential. Helena was a very complicated and nuanced character and the UST between her and Dick was palpable. I think it would translate very well on the big screen.

3. The fish out of water scenario.
    I partial agree with this.

1, I would keep Grayson's amazing supporting cast of characters.

2, Helena as a love interest

3, third I would go with his strong confidence as Dickbats and his confidence, charm and swagger as Agent 37
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    By established I mean having Dick actually have his own set of side characters that can be apart of his solo runs. Like hoe Batman has Catwoman and the batfam. Dick can have his own set of characters that hold their own in his runs. Characters that the fans can grow attached to as well and start to have their own thoughts on. I meant new characters that have the potential to be written by other writers and be ongoing.
    Well, Raptor from the first arc (already picked up and being used by Priest). The female detective from the second (who has great potential as a recurring character for as long as Dick continues to revisit Bludhaven, whoever writes him, and could equally easily be transplanted elsewhere, as Maggie Sawyer once was, if something like another Gotham Central were to be created). One memorable character per arc is actually a pretty decent strike rate, and better than a lot of writers manage.

Considering that this first Bludhaven arc was revisiting old territory and many of the old faces who once populated it, it's surely impressive that Seeley found room to inject it with anyone new and memorable at all? But it's actually something I think he does pretty well; dusting off other writers' old characters and bringing them back, adding a little extra as he does it, and adding a few new ones of his own at the same time. It's a nice blending of new and familiar.

Crossover bleed would be good too, naturally. Now that Bludhaven has been re-established, I'm hoping that some of the Grayson and Morrisonian elements will come for a visit in due course. Given that some of them are due to appear in the near future, they'll surely follow him home?

Yes I have to agree that Seeley is doing a great job so far. Raptor and the female Bullock are great additions even Shawn has potential but these things take time. We are only on issue 16 I don't what magic some are hoping for.

The new Bludhaven looks great, Seeley's already incorporating elements and characters from Grayson, Dickbats and old Nightwing series so good job really.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Well, Raptor from the first arc (already picked up and being used by Priest). The female detective from the second (who has great potential as a recurring character for as long as Dick continues to revisit Bludhaven, whoever writes him, and could equally easily be transplanted elsewhere, as Maggie Sawyer once was, if something like another Gotham Central were to be created). One memorable character per arc is actually a pretty decent strike rate, and better than a lot of writers manage.

Considering that this first Bludhaven arc was revisiting old territory and many of the old faces who once populated it, it's surely impressive that Seeley found room to inject it with anyone new and memorable at all? But it's actually something I think he does pretty well; dusting off other writers' old characters and bringing them back, adding a little extra as he does it, and adding a few new ones of his own at the same time. It's a nice blending of new and familiar.

Crossover bleed would be good too, naturally. Now that Bludhaven has been re-established, I'm hoping that some of the Grayson and Morrisonian elements will come for a visit in due course. Given that some of them are due to appear in the near future, they'll surely follow him home?
    im actually gonna disagree. I dont think Seeley is doing a very good job combining elements from old Bluduahaven. his characterization and side characters were 10x better in grayson than they are here. The morrison elements are gonna be obvious in this next arc. There are only two memorable side characters here and they are the ones you mentioned. But other than that, i dontt hink he is doing a very good job blending old and new. For me, so far i give him a 5 on how he is handling his side characters. Personally the only good thing that is coming out of this run for me is the fact that his story telling is on point. I think the fact that the Bludhaven arc was bad and combine that with his comments on not wanting Dick to stay in bludhaven for so long, it just tells me that his work is probably gonna be inconsistent which is a no no. I like Seeley, but this run is far from a great job for me. His Grayson stuff was ALOT better and had alot more going for it. Now we are stuck with a soap opera story line with a character that has zero development. Atleast the villains i know will be good, but other than that i dont have much faith that Seeley is doing a better job with this than he did with Grayson. Its too soon to tell whether or not this run will be great anyway, so ive just going off what i read so far! So i am gonna try to hold my tounge until the end of the series, but so far for me its not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    IDK. I would have left Grayson untouched, put Dick in the suit and call it Nightwing, locate Spyral in Bludhaven if they want the city back so badly.

I really can't think in any other run that could work in a solo Nightwing movie, everything else is shadow by Batman.
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

Things from the Grayson I'd love to see make their way into this run:

1. Lottie Duff and the Skull Girls moving to Bludhaven.
    2. Dick using his spy skills (we saw this in arc 1, but it doesn't seem to factor into arcs 2 or 3).
    3. Dick always working with a partner. Sometimes being the senior partner and sometimes being the junior. He works in both set ups.

DickBats:
    1. The car.
    2. The villains.
    3. The confidence in who he his. (This hasn't really been lacking too much for me with Seeley. I'd like for the shaken confidence to be completely worn off though.)

As for a rogues gallery, I think that part of this current arc is to establish that. Pyg, Deathwing, Cobb, and whoever the mastermind is going to be. Outside of them, I think we have some memorable villains to pick from, especially if we include the ones who have been shipped out and used by other heroes but were originally written for Dick.

Seems as if Nightwing is going stronger again since last Issue. As much as I liked the dusting off Blüdhaven got, it just wasn't as engaging as the storylines prior and since the single Issue I think it has something to do with To's too clean style.
    The pregnancy is a cliché I can live with as long as Shawn comes out of this fight as strong or even stronger as before. Oh, I really want Damian and her to interact. And maybe Damian could meet Tiger during the globetrotting?
    Someone mentioned Mirage might have taken over as Shawn. It would definitely be an interesting twist.

What are the chances Shawn is pregnant? Does Dick go into semi-retirement of full? I don't see how the globe trotting immediately goes out the window if Dick is to be a good father. A former Supervillain and a Superhero who have jobs as a painter and humanitarian and use savings to pay for rent may be a good story to some but I don't see how Dick continues to be Nightwing if he has a child with Shawn. He may just stick to being bludhaven protector but an international hero he would not be able to be if he wants to be a good father and DC is not going to have time move at an alarming rate. By the time that child is 13 Damian would be 26/27, Bruce may be young just cause he is Batman.

Maybe after the kidnapping scare, they will decide to terminate Shawn's pregnancy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    What are the chances Shawn is pregnant? Does Dick go into semi-retirement of full? I don't see how the globe trotting immediately goes out the window if Dick is to be a good father. A former Supervillain and a Superhero who have jobs as a painter and humanitarian and use savings to pay for rent may be a good story to some but I don't see how Dick continues to be Nightwing if he has a child with Shawn. He may just stick to being bludhaven protector but an international hero he would not be able to be if he wants to be a good father and DC is not going to have time move at an alarming rate. By the time that child is 13 Damian would be 26/27, Bruce may be young just cause he is Batman.
    I don't believe Shawn is pregnant that would just be silly and mess up so much and I don't feel Seeley is a silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Maybe after the kidnapping scare, they will decide to terminate Shawn's pregnancy.
    Or she could miscarry while all this is going on. But I really hope not that would be so depressing. I say it's just a scare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Or she could miscarry while all this is going on. But I really hope not that would be so depressing. I say it's just a scare.
    That would be almost as bad as the time Superboy-Prime blew up a pregnant woman.

I'm still rooting for Daddy Dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Oh my god the shit storm that would ensue. I freaking hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I dont think Shawn is pregnant. I think Seeley just used it to bring a soap opera element he wanted to bring in. If she was, it really wouldnt feel right :/ i dont think a real pregnancy will run pass editors, especially with this huge event happening soon. I doubt Seeley will do it, if he does he better be prepared for an even bigger backlash than this blunder.