Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It looked like it attached his neck to his outfit like the Borg Queen.
    It does. His face looks stapled to his hairline too.

(also, codpiece lols forever.)

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    It does. His face looks stapled to his hairline too.

(also, codpiece lols forever.)
    It does doesn't it and his skin is sagging. I wonder what the story is?

Incredible Member

Pyg's coming up, so easy money on him being involved. Maybe Hurt, but I can't think who the guy underneath it might be/was. (I mean, he's got to be someone, right?)

Damian literally says to Dick that he doesn't know where his apartment is. i'm split between him not realising that he's not given Damian his address/ that Damian hasn't dug it up, and Dick knowing that but trying to get rid of Damian. I do think that Damian's motives in aren't that he cares if other people think he's going to be Batman as much as he is missing Dick though.
    True, he doesn't know the address - but they undoubtedly kept in touch by phone and email and text, and in-person meetings in Gotham. It's not like the days when you'd exchange letters, and actually need the address for something other than a visit.

And he does say that he'd heard about Dick's job, so he knew that much of what Dick was up to.

As for Dick, I reckon he was just too distracted for it to occur to him that Damian didn't know where he lived. Or he's told Bruce and Alfred (because you would report in to Batman to inform him of your current base of operations), and just assumed that Damian would have got the info before coming looking for him.

As for Damian, I reckon he just needed a pretext to go and visit his old partner, and a bit of righteous cowl inheritance indignation was as good as anything else. He may have the Titans to hang out with, but it's just not the same. And the old associations some of them have with Dick probably makes him miss him all the more.

Incredible Member

I was cackling at that. Think he's having a tough week?

Also, glad to see him straight up saying he hates fridging. I mean, I never thought he would, but there's always the possibility, and god, so many people obsessed with the idea that he's going to bump shawn off.

I was cackling at that. Think he's having a tough week?

Also, glad to see him straight up saying he hates fridging. I mean, I never thought he would, but there's always the possibility, and god, so many people obsessed with the idea that he's going to bump shawn off.
    Imagine that half of them have seen it too many times, and half of them want it to happen because of well... shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    The sad thing is, I understand what he means...

LoL, like he didn't know he was dropping a grenade with this story.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It looked like it attached his neck to his outfit like the Borg Queen.
    I just went back and really took a look at it. It does look similar to the top of the Borg Queen's costume.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Poor auld Seeley seems like a lightning rod for this kind of fandom wank.

Actually it's a major faux pas on Damian's part not knowing it as any self respecting Bat should do
    Too true. Seems Damian is slipping.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Pyg's coming up, so easy money on him being involved. Maybe Hurt, but I can't think who the guy underneath it might be/was. (I mean, he's got to be someone, right?)
    I'm betting Pyg is up to his old tricks and that Deathwing was one of his...creations.

Astonishing Member

I think Tim Seeley is playing with our fan expectations the same way that Tom King is, frankly. I think those two generally discuss fan reaction in a very specific way. King gave us the whole "CATWOMAN: MURDERER?" thing and knew we'd all be like "I DON'T BELIEVE IT. OUT OF CHARACTER." Seeley is doing the same thing with the Shawn romance so that he can set up the trope or cliche but then subvert all expectations. That doesn't mean the whole story arc will be gold - it's a however long arc. There's the inevitable "first chapter sets it up, last chapter wraps too quick and denouement is setting up new stuff, middle chapters might be a little stretched," problems we get even from Morrison and other top guys. Biweekly helps with that.

I'm curious where it might go. I mean ... seriously curious. Like, my weird fantasy? Shawn Tsang saves herself from the bad guys. GLOBAL SPY THREATS crop up and Dick has to break up with her to go save the world from Nazis and Spiders and Owls. Seeley launches "GRAYSON VOLUME 2". And Shawn Tsang becomes "NEW NIGHTWING". And yeah, it's a very very very Marvel/Hawkeye thing to do, so Seeley heaps on a lot of satire of the concept.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think Tim Seeley is playing with our fan expectations the same way that Tom King is, frankly. I think those two generally discuss fan reaction in a very specific way. King gave us the whole "CATWOMAN: MURDERER?" thing and knew we'd all be like "I DON'T BELIEVE IT. OUT OF CHARACTER." Seeley is doing the same thing with the Shawn romance so that he can set up the trope or cliche but then subvert all expectations. That doesn't mean the whole story arc will be gold - it's a however long arc. There's the inevitable "first chapter sets it up, last chapter wraps too quick and denouement is setting up new stuff, middle chapters might be a little stretched," problems we get even from Morrison and other top guys. Biweekly helps with that.

I'm curious where it might go. I mean ... seriously curious. Like, my weird fantasy? Shawn Tsang saves herself from the bad guys. GLOBAL SPY THREATS crop up and Dick has to break up with her to go save the world from Nazis and Spiders and Owls. Seeley launches "GRAYSON VOLUME 2". And Shawn Tsang becomes "NEW NIGHTWING". And yeah, it's a very very very Marvel/Hawkeye thing to do, so Seeley heaps on a lot of satire of the concept.
    lol im trying to follow here, Shawn becomes new Nightwing? Explain more about the Tom King thing, are you saying that Shawn might not be pregnant and Seeley only did it to get a reaction? Like explain because im interested in what youre saying here im just triyng to understand better haha And isnt this arc only 5 issues, the same amount of issues as bludhaven? The bludhaven arc comes back with #21 with Blockbuster...
    Last edited by Comicgirl78; 03-04-2017 at 09:39 PM.