Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I love Damian . Also is this before Shawn's abduction? That "she has nothing to hide" make me think she's hiding something. And those chirps(?) are pretty funny, and I glad to see stuff like that. Overall this looks good, i mean horse head bad guys. I like that.
    I have three theories!

1 Dick is the one who took her out the window in an attempt to be playful with her and joke around (obviously she is ok with this as he doesnt really take her out the window)
    2 This happens after she got kidnapped, and the person who kidnapped her is someone (maybe a former lover?) from the past who wants contact with her again (and maybe she wants contact with that person too)
    3 This comes before she is kidnapped as Nightwing is legit out in the open hanging upside down kissing a girl lol anyone could have saw that including some of his enemies, so they took the chance to kidnap!

BANNED

Wouldn't it be nice if Dick could just date a girl who doesn't EVER get kidnapped? It seems like every lady he meets has to do the damsel in distress thang.

BANNED

This is funny.

Amazing Member

Dick & Shawn seem to get a lot of hate, but I really like the pairing. Yes, it developed over 1 issue, but I think Seeley has plans down the line and a real time, drawn-out 2 month relationship - which, let's be honest, in comics would relate to at least 12 issues - was never an option, especially considering that Seeley has 2 years to complete the whole story before REBIRTH comes to a head. Anyway, Shawn is definitely hiding something here, so troubled waters lie ahead. As for Damian, he just cracks me up. And the little tantrum is just an excuse to get the old Batman & Robin team back together. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if Dick could just date a girl who doesn't EVER get kidnapped? It seems like every lady he meets has to do the damsel in distress thang.
    She's just a lame tool to be used for future plot devices, hence Dick's reason to globe-trot and swing back to Bludhaven. *yawns*

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    She's just a lame tool to be used for future plot devices, hence Dick's reason to globe-trot and swing back to Bludhaven. *yawns*
    lol lame haha perfect word usage here! It is kinda boring isnt it!

Quote Originally Posted by WingGrayson View Post
    Dick & Shawn seem to get a lot of hate, but I really like the pairing. Yes, it developed over 1 issue, but I think Seeley has plans down the line and a real time, drawn-out 2 month relationship - which, let's be honest, in comics would relate to at least 12 issues - was never an option, especially considering that Seeley has 2 years to complete the whole story before REBIRTH comes to a head. Anyway, Shawn is definitely hiding something here, so troubled waters lie ahead. As for Damian, he just cracks me up. And the little tantrum is just an excuse to get the old Batman & Robin team back together. I can live with that.
    I dont understand are you saying you think seeley will establish their two month romance more over 12 issues? Or are you saying that a 2 month romance can be shown over 12 issues? BEcause the Bludhaven arc was just 5 issues, and he said on twitter that most of #15 happened over a two month period lol I just wanna know if Shawn was kidnapped before or after that stolen spiderman kissing upside thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Nope! Actually, in the past most of Dick's girlfriends never really got kidnapped or got in trouble at all (some of them did but not all). The Damsel in Distress thing for him mainly started during n52 and carried over into rebirth! It is annoying though i will say, because now dick probably wont ever get a true love interest. He even said on twitter DickxBabs will probably still happen romantically so i wouldnt hold out to much for the damsel in distress :/

BANNED

My thoughts on this Preview in order:

1. I quite like the Dick and Shawn relationship. Really hope she's okay.

2. Damian is such a little twerp and I love him. Seeing him and Dick together should be fun.

3. Don't worry Damian, Dick isn't the true heir to the cowl. Cassandra and Tim are.

4. That variant cover. I NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    I dont understand are you saying you think seeley will establish their two month romance more over 12 issues? Or are you saying that a 2 month romance can be shown over 12 issues? BEcause the Bludhaven arc was just 5 issues, and he said on twitter that most of #15 happened over a two month period lol I just wanna know if Shawn was kidnapped before or after that stolen spiderman kissing upside thing lol
    Well at least the girl is upside down here not like Mary Jane who wasn't and only Spidey was. lmao

Well at least the girl is upside down here not like Mary Jane who wasn't and only Spidey was. lmao
    True lol you know i actually read a good comment earlier about how Shawn is hiding the fact that she doesnt want Dick to be a superhero anymore. They actually made a really compelling argument (like how worried Shawn looks when he is out as nightwing, how she doesnt really look happy while dick seems over the top happy, and in #15 how she told dick to stop being nightwing for the night). What do you think of that idea? Do you think Shawn would break up with Dick because she doesnt like his lifestyle? IDK i just wanna know your thoughts on this theory ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    Nope! Actually, in the past most of Dick's girlfriends never really got kidnapped or got in trouble at all (some of them did but not all). The Damsel in Distress thing for him mainly started during n52 and carried over into rebirth! It is annoying though i will say, because now dick probably wont ever get a true love interest. He even said on twitter DickxBabs will probably still happen romantically so i wouldnt hold out to much for the damsel in distress :/
    If I remember it correctly, Tim Seeley said the same thing when he replied back to some tweets about Shawn and Starfire too. Another lame move. I mean when are we going to see Dick become so independent from his love life that he doesn't need a girlfriend to have cool amazing plots? Same goes to Barbara whose love life is so dependant on Dick this is getting irritating.

Incredible Member

I think considering she was leading a group of ex-costumed villains to try and get past that, I don't think her not wanting Dick to be a costumed hero is too out of the realm of possibility. But I mostly think she looks worried because of whoever dropped in at the end of #15.

Incredible Member

I mean when are we going to see Dick become so independent from his love life that he doesn't need a girlfriend to have cool amazing plots?
    Well there was literally all of Grayson.

The concept of this Nightwing run is about Dick being a young adult out on his own. I might fine romance plots boring, but I can see how they'd be a natural move.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    I think considering she was leading a group of ex-costumed villains to try and get past that, I don't think her not wanting Dick to be a costumed hero is too out of the realm of possibility. But I mostly think she looks worried because of whoever dropped in at the end of #15.
    Naw because that part about her not wanting Dick to be nightwing anymore for a night was in issue #15 before that window mishap! But yeah you can apply that logic to what happened when they were kissing though xD