Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    The test indicates with two lines that it was used. If it wasnt used, there wouldnt be two lines there. It was a used test.... 2 lines indicates that she is pregnant
    Read the issue again.
    She said "Could you come over? And bring a pregnancy test"

Then Dick bought one, put in a bag and took to her place.
    He didn't find her and fell down, with the bag. Damian then found the pregnancy test inside the bag that was with Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Read the issue again.
    She said "Could you come over? And bring a pregnancy test"

Then Dick bought one, put in a bag and took to her place.
    He didn't find her and fell down, with the bag. Damian then found the pregnancy test inside the bag that was with Dick.
    But its used though, unless Javier had a little drawing mishap, then its used.

http://qsota.com/wp-content/gallery/...ictures-12.jpg <-- used pregnancy test!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GnHn+P9mL.jpg <-- un used regnancy test

That test was def used.
    Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    That everyone from the writer to the whole group of editors would have to dislike Dick to turn him totally into Bruce-lite. And I don't think that's even remotely the case.
    They ahve been writing dick as Bruce lite for years now. I actually think Seeley's Dick is actually quite different from Batman, especially as nightwing. I think editors when they killed of Dick, they meant for him to be dead because they were done wit his story, but when the fan backlash happend they brought him back with no real plan and now they are just throwing stuff at us without fully explaining them. They should have done a better job reintroducing Dick to us after his death, but it seems they just dont care (the writers and the editors), its easy to write Dick as BRucelite because it doesnt require alot of characterization, they can just pick up where they left off you know? Dick suffers from shoddy writing half the time and seeley doesnt do it for me.

Incredible Member

tI only disagree about the deathwing part. I think Deathwing has been built up as an ominous kinda figure in Dick's life but everything else you are spot on.
    I agree also to a point. He is written like a fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes. Very Intrested in finding out more about Deathwing. The art in this issue was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I agree also to a point. He is written like a fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes. Very Intrested in finding out more about Deathwing. The art in this issue was gorgeous.
    Gosh imma feel bad for saying this, but Javier looked like he really rushed with his art. In some parts it looks AMAZING, ad then in others it looks off lol.

Always Rakzo

Really liked this one. Is always cool to see Dick and Damian's dynamic and Seeley manages to implement new aspects to their relationship in a solid way. Plus, the different sub-plots are pretty interesting so far.

Fernandez' art is really good in terms of storytelling but it looked a bit rough at times sadly.

Q - it is definitely Shawns pregancy test, right?
    Could be Mirage's test, if Deathwing was the kidnapper. ;-)

In all seriousness though, I think that the pregnancy test that Damian picked up was the unused one from the bag that Dick came in through the window with, which he then dropped when he saw the abandoned phone, the empty apartment, and the big picture with "daddy" scrawled across it.

The timeline is interesting. In issue #15 we got to "yesterday", which is when Dick was out of town visiting Bruce and Shawn was on the phone to Pigeon, with an open window (again), and a lurking shadow that causes her to drop the phone. Then issue #16 very deliberately rewinds to a few days earlier, where we learn that there's something on Shawn's mind that she wants to talk to Dick about, before coming right up to date with "today", where he gets a call that he misses and then listens back to a voicemail from Shawn, before returning to her place to find the phone on the floor.

Since it was a call rather than a text, I think it's fairly certain that it was from Shawn, but she might have been making it under duress and saying what her captor wanted her to say. She could already have been a hostage for 24 hours.

The picture that had "daddy" written on it wasn't the one she was seen painting last issue when she got attacked. That one was far smaller, and of a swan. It smacks of stage management (though it could of course be a glitch resulting from the change of artist.)

At this point I don't think we actually know what's true and what isn't. We don't know what Shawn wanted to talk to Dick about originally, we don't know if she was alone when she made that phone call, and we don't know who wrote on the painting. On balance I'd have thought it more likely that she'd have told Dick about a pregnancy face to face, or at least during an interactive phone call rather than a voicemail. If she was going to do the one sided conversation, then a text is the traditional method of delivery. And I know she is/was "Defacer", but it still seems odd for her to tag her own artwork.

But it's definite that someone is taunting Nightwing and leading him a merry international dance, and that it's really good to see the Dick'n'Damian Dynamic Duo take their Batmobile out for a spin again.

Incredible Member

They ahve been writing dick as Bruce lite for years now. I actually think Seeley's Dick is actually quite different from Batman, especially as nightwing.
    Exactly. I don't think Seeley would take Dick into baby Bruce territory and use it to do anything too permanent to Dick.

But again, he might still have a taste for writing pregnant women.

Exactly. I don't think Seeley would take Dick into baby Bruce territory and use it to do anything too permanent to Dick.

But again, he might still have a taste for writing pregnant women.
    I also don't like seeley's dick either! But I know seeley is giving him a Batman villain so you might be speaking too soon! I don't know if Shawn is pregnant but the fact that seeley even thought about including it irks my nerves.

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Ahemm... We all know Shawn isn't really pregnant with Dick's child. Don't feel like DC editors want that right now anyway. And Dick a genuine nice guy, so duh he accepts that it might be the case. He genuinely loves the women he sleeps with (or tries to work things out if he just ends up sleeping with 'em) so whether this relationship happened over the course of a week or 3 months shouldn't make us question his decision to keep it, I don't feel it's ooc at all. It's life. Just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

As for not liking Shawn it likely just your preference. Cause when it's all said and done Dick needs a character like Shawn in HIS mythos. I like Babs though not that much as in being in a relationship with Dick nor her being his true love bs. I love Starfire and would love to have a little Mar'i Grayson running around the DC universe so much! But whether you agree or not Nightwing needs a Mary Jane & I see potential in Shawns character as long as DC higher ups don't interfere like the Nightwing New 52 bs. Nightwing doesn't have a lot of his own shit, but Seeley's fucking trying to give him all this and please a bunch of split fans who either like Nightwing from Titans, from Batman's sidekick, or Dixon's run which all kinda show Dick in a different light. Imo Rebirth so far doing wonders for Nightwing. I'd rather he have his old stuff than giving it to some other character like Green Arrow for ex. Or, dear god, Roy... Imagine Roy stealing Dick's Bludhaven and its villains, he already doesn't have a lot!

Sure somethings could be better but who's to say it won't get better. Everything about the start to Nightwing's Rebirth run is just build up. Raptor is still out there and Dick is a huge part of his character, Nice has the potential to come back with a grudge and become a legit threat, get to see more of Shawn so she can grow on you guys. I feel like Seeley's just going through the motions and checklists before throwing out something epic.

Batman and Robin together again, even with the Batmobile...

N52 Nightwing costume is still here.. I donīt like that DEATHwing appearance... Is like Injustice Damian with worst appearance..

Although, I always support the blue for Nightwing... We have enough Red with the old robins..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-01-2017 at 08:28 AM.

That covers it! She isn't pregnant lol but he says he hopes not? I think it was a drawing error.....

Mighty Member

I actually know someone who bought a new test that was actually used in the box. People are freaking disgusting. Also good to clear that up.

That covers it! She isn't pregnant lol but he says he hopes not? I think it was a drawing error.....
    It was a joke. Can you imagine buying a used pregnancy test? XD
    That's why he said "i hope not."

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I actually know someone who bought a new test that was actually used in the box. People are freaking disgusting. Also good to clear that up.
    Ew wth.....