Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Dick was a teenager then, and now he's past the hormonal stage he's had a bit more perspective, as well as enough relative real world experience to go through the expectant father panic (that sitcom trope where the guy freaks out and tries to prove he can be a good father, or get a better job to make ends meet). At the moment Dick has a day job and lives in an apartment, not a superhero base.
    I think the poster was talking about how the history he had with Kori suggest that it wasn't just them fooling around. Like Kori and Dick had a serious thing going on for a while and n52 kinda reduced it down to something less serious and seeley referred to it as fooling around. I think the poster was trying to say that Dick is doing things with Shawn that took years for him to do with Kori. I don't think it had to do with real world experience. I think dick was pretty realistic before seeley and this pregnancy thing for me takes him out of character even more than him rushing things with Shawn. But that's just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Oh wow such young fathers. Yes I consider men becoming fathers in their mid 20s still young. Assuming the pregnancy turns out to be true (just assuming), then Bruce would be a very young grand pa.
    While it'd take Damian fathering a child for Bruce to become a grandfather (something that won't happen for a while considering he's in his early teens and doesn't seem interested in a love interest), a son or daughter of Dick would easily be an honorary grandchild of Bruce, even though Alfred would spend more time with it than Bruce would!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    Dick is 22-23 in rebirth rn according to seeley, that means batman had to have been around 25 or 26 when damian was born
    Well, in all fairness "few years" could encompass anything from 3 to 6 years. So, Batman could have been around 29/30.

Also, could you post the link to this? Dick acts like someone in his late 20s.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-03-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, in all fairness "few years" could encompass anything from 3 to 6 years. So, Batman could have been around 29/30.

Also, could you post the link to this? Dick acts like someone in his late 20s.
    A few means around two or three. But you are right, the way dick meant it could mean that Batman was in his 20s like he is you know?

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...61816467861505 <-- Seeley says that dick should be around 22-23 because he was 21 when n52 started! IDK how old he was in Grayson, but considering this fact, Dick could have been a spy for less than a year.

Amazing Member

I know this is a minor thing, but man I really miss the finger stripes. At least he's back to being blue, but the costume doesn't feel right without them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    A few means around two or three. But you are right, the way dick meant it could mean that Batman was in his 20s like he is you know?
    That...pretty subjective, though. "Few" can mean a lot of things. And what I actually meant was that Batman would have easily been about 30 (or at least in his late 20s) when Damian was conceived. Plus, in the actual issue, Dick doesn't even use the word "few." He says "I'm not that much younger than Bruce was when he had Damian." Which, in my mind widens the range if Dick is around 23.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Ill never get why some of you guys give ages so much thought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ill never get why some of you guys give ages so much thought.
    You clearly will be astounded by Doctor Who fans trying to reconcile stories from various media, sometimes with contradictory events, into a single continuity. Compared to that, ages of comic book characters is nothing. I know someone who has attempted to put two contradictory lines of Dark Shadows stories together despite them being irreconcilable and the fact alternate worlds already exist in Dark Shadows. Thank god I don't watch Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That...pretty subjective, though. "Few" can mean a lot of things. And what I actually meant was that Batman would have easily been about 30 (or at least in his late 20s) when Damian was conceived. Plus, in the actual issue, Dick doesn't even use the word "few." He says "I'm not that much younger than Bruce was when he had Damian." Which, in my mind widens the range if Dick is around 23.
    While i agree few is subjective, but the definition is here https://gyazo.com/0dd36e6cc4b37fb3c01a3f50599ac36c means not many. No no i was responding to the girl in the post that said few lol thats why i said what i said. We dont know how old Batman was when he had damian, all i know is the age thing is gonna be even more of a headache to understand than the time issues lol

Amazing Member

So ummm... did Bruce never have "the talk" with Dick?

I'm just saying, pregnancy is pretty easy to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post

You know Damian wasn't planned right?

OK that's pretty fecking funny. Seeley did say on Twitter that they (Dick and Shawn) used protection. They just got caught out....if she is in fact in the club

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post

i think someone mentioned in a reddit post that Dick has actually berated Batman on not using protection lol but im sure that was a different writer and stuff. But i think they did use protection, it probably worked and Shawn is just having a late period It happens lol. OR she is lying and she is using Dick to betray him to create a new villain and give us more exciting things lol >_>

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    OK that's pretty fecking funny. Seeley did say on Twitter that they (Dick and Shawn) used protection. They just got caught out....if she is in fact in the club

I think he actually said "probably" which, I mean, it's 2017. There's no excuse. Maybe Gotham High teaches an abstinence only program?