Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Well there was literally all of Grayson.

The concept of this Nightwing run is about Dick being a young adult out on his own. I might fine romance plots boring, but I can see how they'd be a natural move.
    Dick had helena and babs during grayson! And his thing with Helena was a big plot point too ): and he was romanticized in Grayson! I think if you really want a run that doesnt really relyon Dick's love life too much, Dixon's run was pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    If I remember it correctly, Tim Seeley said the same thing when he replied back to some tweets about Shawn and Starfire too. Another lame move. I mean when are we going to see Dick become so independent from his love life that he doesn't need a girlfriend to have cool amazing plots? Same goes to Barbara whose love life is so dependant on Dick this is getting irritating.
    I know he said the same about Dick and Starfire, but Tim is a DickxBabs shipper! HE gave babs the most important scene in issue #15 and he even posted the picture of the bridge they were on and said that was his favorite spot irl lol that just tells me right there he isnt done with dickxbabs. I would love for Dick to have a girlfriend, but im tired of the damsel in distress thing, its ok everyone once and a while but all of his love interest n52/rebirth have been damsels and needed saving. Shawn was buitl as a character that didnt need saving but yet here this plot is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    True lol you know i actually read a good comment earlier about how Shawn is hiding the fact that she doesnt want Dick to be a superhero anymore. They actually made a really compelling argument (like how worried Shawn looks when he is out as nightwing, how she doesnt really look happy while dick seems over the top happy, and in #15 how she told dick to stop being nightwing for the night). What do you think of that idea? Do you think Shawn would break up with Dick because she doesnt like his lifestyle? IDK i just wanna know your thoughts on this theory ^-^
    Hmm that is one good thought. I mean we all know this relationship ain't gonna last no matter how adorable (as some have termed it here) it is. To tell you the truth, I was actually excited for Dick to meet a new person who is not Batgirl but I feel like being let down by how the writer managed her characterization. She's cool, cute and very flawed but it would be better if we get to see the world through her eyes that is not viewed through her relationship with Dick. But she ain't an important character so we're never going to see this and that's the problem because I want Dick's new girlfriend to have an important role and not just someone who's there for the sake of being a love interest. And later they break up because it's either too dangerous or incompatible lifestyles. For once, I want Dick to have a long-term relationship

Incredible Member

Dick had helena and babs during grayson! And his thing with Helena was a big plot point too ): and he was romanticized in Grayson! I think if you really want a run that doesnt really relyon Dick's love life too much, Dixon's run was pretty good!
    Where did he have Babs during Grayson? One issue where she finds out he wasn't dead isn't really any kind of romance. And the main thrust of his thing with Helena was that it couldn't really go anywhere. The closest he really got to a lovelife was him getting honeytrapped by Agent 8.

Naw because that part about her not wanting Dick to be nightwing anymore for a night was in issue #15 before that window mishap! But yeah you can apply that logic to what happened when they were kissing though xD
    No, that window mishap was just a blatant excuse for her to break up with him. The real reason (and even Dick knows it) is because she worried she will ruined their relationship as she sees Dick as being too perfect for her who was one of his and Batman's rogue's gallery back in Gotham. I understand how she feels though. She still hasn't overcome her fear of people seeing her for who she was.

Incredible Member

Naw because that part about her not wanting Dick to be nightwing anymore for a night was in issue #15 before that window mishap! But yeah you can apply that logic to what happened when they were kissing though xD
    I think she can want her boyfriend to not be running out in the middle of the night for once without wanting him to give up his whole thing. Especially when it's still in the honeymoon phase.
    Last edited by HellHere; 02-26-2017 at 01:31 PM.

I know he said the same about Dick and Starfire, but Tim is a DickxBabs shipper! HE gave babs the most important scene in issue #15 and he even posted the picture of the bridge they were on and said that was his favorite spot irl lol that just tells me right there he isnt done with dickxbabs. I would love for Dick to have a girlfriend, but im tired of the damsel in distress thing, its ok everyone once and a while but all of his love interest n52/rebirth have been damsels and needed saving. Shawn was buitl as a character that didnt need saving but yet here this plot is lol
    King was the Dick/Babs shipper, I don't think Seeley ever was.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Hmm that is one good thought. I mean we all know this relationship ain't gonna last no matter how adorable (as some have termed it here) it is. To tell you the truth, I was actually excited for Dick to meet a new person who is not Batgirl but I feel like being let down by how the writer managed her characterization. She's cool, cute and very flawed but it would be better if we get to see the world through her eyes that is not viewed through her relationship with Dick. But she ain't an important character so we're never going to see this and that's the problem because I want Dick's new girlfriend to have an important role and not just someone who's there for the sake of being a love interest. And later they break up because it's either too dangerous or incompatible lifestyles. For once, I want Dick to have a long-term relationship
    I wouldnt say she isnt important. I think i explained it well to another friend that Shawn was made to have an impact on Dick not on the reader. It seems that she was made specifically to be a love interest because like you said people are tired of DickxBabs, but i think if Seeley really wanted to give Dick another love interest with enough development to spring board her off to rival that of DickxBabs or DickxKori, he really did a bad job. I actually think Seeley didnt intend for Dick to have a new love interest at all that would be long term. I think he added the bludhaven stuff in because its popular, but i believe he took on rebirth to just continue with Grayson with a different title and look :/ I dont think Dick is gonna get a long term love interest for a long time. Maybe the writer after Seeley will take the plunge and hope for the best you know. I actually can see Shawn not wanting to be with Dick because of his lifestyle because it does seem like she is triyng to shed the superhero/villain life from her, maybe she decided to move from Bludhaven after all.

No, that window mishap was just a blatant excuse for her to break up with him. The real reason (and even Dick knows it) is because she worried she will ruined their relationship as she sees Dick as being too perfect for her who was one of his and Batman's rogue's gallery back in Gotham. I understand how she feels though. She still hasn't overcome her fear of people seeing her for who she was.
    Maybe Shawn has a problem with things not going her way possibly. I can understand the approach of people not looking at her the way she wants, but if she doesnt give people a reason to look, then how will they know to look? How is she gonna ask dick to change his lifestyle knowing that is a part of him you kno? I dont think itll sit well with Dick knowing that he was wrong about Shawn loving all of him because she really doesnt if she wants him to drop his lifestyle for her. it makes Dick look like kinda immature as well to not see the signs that she isnt ok with the relationship possibly. Lol someone said it best, its like dick is wearing love blinders, he didnt even do this with batgirl lol I think the window mishap was probably an excuse for her to leave, and i think that actually makes her character look a little immature to not actually tell Dick the truth about how she feels, and

Where did he have Babs during Grayson? One issue where she finds out he wasn't dead isn't really any kind of romance. And the main thrust of his thing with Helena was that it couldn't really go anywhere. The closest he really got to a lovelife was him getting honeytrapped by Agent 8.
    I guess it wasnt really in Grayson, but in burnside he comes to visit her with the intent on flirting with her :/ sorry i should have been more clear. I guess that was more of a cross over kinda thing.

I think she can want her boyfriend to not be running out in the middle of the night for once without wanting him to give up his whole thing. Especially when it's still in the honeymoon phase.

Yeah i dont see Dick putting aside fighting crime in the middle of the night so his girlfriend can have someone to snuggle with. Shawn knew what she was getting into when she first started dating him! Dick has said before being a vigilante is part of who he is, he cant just stop it. He can have a normal life and be a vigilante, some things gotta give though! If Shawn didnt understand that the first time, she shouldnt have dated him.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    King was the Dick/Babs shipper, I don't think Seeley ever was.
    Seeley is! He was in support of DickxBabs along with King. Seeley and King collaborate alot (as my sources have told me lol). I think higgins tried not to go the DickxBabs route. Dixon is the person i blame for DickxBabs truthfully though lol

Dick did not have Barbara in Grayson, he did not have Helena either, no more than Helena had him. Dixon's run didn't have much of anything but it did have Clancy. Of course that took forever to go nowhere, and it was never a threat, so I guess people must love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Dick did not have Barbara in Grayson, he did not have Helena either, no more than Helena had him. Dixon's run didn't have much of anything but it did have Clancy. Of course that took forever to go nowhere, and it was never a threat, so I guess people must love her.
    I guess people look at DickxHelena differently then :/

I wouldnt say she isnt important. I think i explained it well to another friend that Shawn was made to have an impact on Dick not on the reader. It seems that she was made specifically to be a love interest because like you said people are tired of DickxBabs, but i think if Seeley really wanted to give Dick another love interest with enough development to spring board her off to rival that of DickxBabs or DickxKori, he really did a bad job. I actually think Seeley didnt intend for Dick to have a new love interest at all that would be long term. I think he added the bludhaven stuff in because its popular, but i believe he took on rebirth to just continue with Grayson with a different title and look :/ I dont think Dick is gonna get a long term love interest for a long time. Maybe the writer after Seeley will take the plunge and hope for the best you know. I actually can see Shawn not wanting to be with Dick because of his lifestyle because it does seem like she is triyng to shed the superhero/villain life from her, maybe she decided to move from Bludhaven after all.

Maybe Shawn has a problem with things not going her way possibly. I can understand the approach of people not looking at her the way she wants, but if she doesnt give people a reason to look, then how will they know to look? How is she gonna ask dick to change his lifestyle knowing that is a part of him you kno? I dont think itll sit well with Dick knowing that he was wrong about Shawn loving all of him because she really doesnt if she wants him to drop his lifestyle for her. it makes Dick look like kinda immature as well to not see the signs that she isnt ok with the relationship possibly. Lol someone said it best, its like dick is wearing love blinders, he didnt even do this with batgirl lol I think the window mishap was probably an excuse for her to leave, and i think that actually makes her character look a little immature to not actually tell Dick the truth about how she feels, and
    Ok yes we can see that she's going to have an impact in Dick's life because like I have mentioned, she's now being used as a lame tool for Dick's reason to globe-trot in the upcoming arc and for him to 'swing back' to Bludhaven. Wait, come to think of it, if the latter is true of what the writer had said before then this means they will not break up that soon. I don't entirely know how to feel about it but just to keep on reading. I doubt she will last that long after this whole rebirth thing comes to an end next year.

Actually, it's not an easy road for someone who liberate themselves from the villain lifestyle to a normal life. What's more, dating a superhero adds another weight into it. She knows very well that Dick grew up with a billionaire with high-class mannerism and who grew up being a hero in contrast to her who grew up a spoiled teen who joined the ranks of Gotham's villains. For her socio-economic background, it hasn't been stated yet but I guess she had a tough life as she was motherless with her father never around. So, she feels the pressure of dating someone whom she thinks deserves to 'love' someone who is a lot better than her as he is too perfect for her.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Lol, this issue looks good. I actually like Shawn.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ok yes we can see that she's going to have an impact in Dick's life because like I have mentioned, she's now being used as a lame tool for Dick's reason to globe-trot in the upcoming arc and for him to 'swing back' to Bludhaven. Wait, come to think of it, if the latter is true of what the writer had said before then this means they will not break up that soon. I don't entirely know how to feel about it but just to keep on reading. I doubt she will last that long after this whole rebirth thing comes to an end next year.

Actually, it's not an easy road for someone who liberate themselves from the villain lifestyle to a normal life. What's more, dating a superhero adds another weight into it. She knows very well that Dick grew up with a billionaire with high-class mannerism and who grew up being a hero in contrast to her who grew up a spoiled teen who joined the ranks of Gotham's villains. For her socio-economic background, it hasn't been stated yet but I guess she had a tough life as she was motherless with her father never around. So, she feels the pressure of dating someone whom she thinks deserves to 'love' someone who is a lot better than her as he is too perfect for her.
    I get what youre saying. Idk how long Shawn will last honestly and i did think about what Seeley said about dick having someone to swing back to and having shawn stick around for a while, but shawn has stuck around for a while! And he obviously is still swinging back to her (evident in issue #15 with the cameos) what if Seeley just meant that Shawn will be that way for the short term vs long term, considering he basically fulfilled the requirement of her sticking around for more issues already! I think Seeley would garner more backlash if he just kept Shawn as a love interest who serves no purpose other than to serve the hero, especially because people have already called him out for the damsel in distress thing (But again i dont really think Seeley will care, he does what he wants considering he already dismissed those comments). I personally think Dick should only swing back to Bludhaven because he wants to not because of Shawn. That limits Dick because what if he is unhappy in Bludhaven? Dick should do things because he wants to and because its positive for him not because someone else is calling the shots? But i think thats a writing thing where the writers (this includes fanfic writiers as well) who try to paint Dick as a white knight who does everything for everyone and is all happy happy joy joy and selfless, but that is just the result of fanfic and n52. Like i said before, its kinda like this Dick is impersonating the old Dick lol but thats another conversation xD. Personally, ill give #!6 a chance, but if it goes soap opera on me (like it probably will) i will probably drop. I dropped BAtgirl for that reason and im not afraid to drop Nightwing as well. Im just tired of Dick and Babs always having soap opera type flings and then bam they are pinning for each other again, ITS SO BORING lol i refuse to read if thats what its gonna turn into.

I know its not an easy road to turn normal after being a villain, but homegirl has got to try. How Dick grew up is irrelevant and i know that if how he grew up matters so much to her, why would she have dated him in the first place? If she isnt comfortable with herself, why is she dating him? IS she trying to get some kind of self fulfillment off of him (kind of messed up if she is using him to try and make herself feel better). Thats what i dont get, if you know something about someone before hand that bothers you to the point that you question your relationship with them, why date them? I hate the trope that the person think so and so deserves better, she should have thought about that before agreeing to be his girlfriend lol. Dating is serious lol you dont test the waters in a serious relationship, this is why we build things up to the point of dating because now i have to question whether or not she is even mature enough to be in a relationship (and i dont mean that in a bad way) and the same goes for Dick who is clearly wearing blinders lol. I hate the trope that the person think so and so deserves better.

And i know im being a little critical of this, but the psychologist came out of me there LOL
    Last edited by Comicgirl78; 02-26-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Amazing Member

I dont understand are you saying you think seeley will establish their two month romance more over 12 issues? Or are you saying that a 2 month romance can be shown over 12 issues? BEcause the Bludhaven arc was just 5 issues, and he said on twitter that most of #15 happened over a two month period lol I just wanna know if Shawn was kidnapped before or after that stolen spiderman kissing upside thing lol
    I'm just saying that in the old days - I'm talking the 1980's & 90's - a relationship like this might have formed over a period of 12 issues; which, in comics time, might still have related to a few months. However, in this day and age, and with Seeley having a limited time to tell his story - due to the REBIRTH event climaxing in 2 years time - he doesn't really have that sort of liberty, so yes, he spanned those 2 months in just one issue. A sign of the times.
    Last edited by WingGrayson; 02-26-2017 at 03:24 PM.