Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Bumping in myself, because yeah. ****'s fucking hitting the fan over there in our forum.
    people are complaining all over reddit too! I just go into those threads just to read the comments xD

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    lol DC better hope Marvel doesnt come back with a bang! DC is putting alot of effort into movies, im worried their comics are gonna slack off because of it like Marvel's did :/
    Lol, it's not because Marvel focused on movies that the comics are slacking. The Comics and Movie division actually appear to be at odds with each other. Hence, no more Inhumans movie (or at least it was really pushed back). TV is still under the Comics division's purview, though, so there's a huge Inhumans push there.

Honestly, it feels more like the Comics division is trying to sabotage the characters we see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe kinda like what they did with X-Men because they're pissed off with Fox. Banner!Hulk was killed by Clint!Hawkeye, Steve Rogers is Hydra, Thor is Jane Foster, and Iron Man is dead and has been replaced by Riri and Dr. Doom. From the Avengers 2012 movie roster, only Black Widow is still recognizable.

Oh well, Marvel Comics' loss is DC's (and likely Image's, Valiant's, etc.) gain.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Lol, it's not because Marvel focused on movies that the comics are slacking. The Comics and Movie division actually appear to be at odds with each other. Hence, no more Inhumans movie (or at least it was really pushed back). TV is still under the Comics division's purview, though, so there's a huge Inhumans push there.

Honestly, it feels more like the Comics division is trying to sabotage the characters we see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe kinda like what they did with X-Men because they're pissed off with Fox. Banner!Hulk was killed by Clint!Hawkeye, Steve Rogers is Hydra, Thor is Jane Foster, and Iron Man is dead and has been replaced by Riri and Dr. Doom. From the Avengers 2012 movie roster, only Black Widow is still recognizable.

Oh well, Marvel Comics' loss is DC's (and likely Image's, Valiant's, etc.) gain.
    well i dont read much marvel anymore! I only really kept up with the captain america stuff lol. I was just saying that DC might fall into the hole that marvel fell in the more thy keep trying to put out these movies so fast xD but idk we will see. Marvel might be able to make a comeback still! But i dont think its comics trying to sabotage the movies, more like the movies sabotaging the comics xD

I didnt mean you hated her, i meant that its ok to have negaive feelings towards something you dont like happening. Like i said before, you can like a character and still not like the direction the writer is going with them. I understood what you were saying, i was just using the word hater because that is the common lingo now a days (hater does not me you hate something, it jut means youre salty over it xD)

NO i LOVE crossovers lol like i said in , Dick is the best in his crossover stuff! But, alot of solo's runs are slacking because the writers have to appeal to the crossovers as well, so we get lackluster writing in the solo stuff. I just wish DC put more time and effort into solo runs equal to the amount of time and effort they put into Crossovers so that fans have a decent solo run to come back to. I hope that made sense lol
    Ah yes. The word hate can be sadly intertwined with other emotions that don't even produce hate. I believe it's such a strong word to use and would be ridiculous to use it towards a fictional character lmao. And I'm also not that salty over the direction yet because I'll know what I'll feel about it when the story progresses. Right now, it's too early to judge.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to Super Sons as I read from forums and critics that it's very good, and so is The Wild Storm. But I found it hard to read TWS because I don't know anything about the WildStorm universe apart from the fact that Midnighter and Apollo are from there.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I haven't looked at the Superman forum yet since the only characters in that mythos I REALLY like (Matrix and Kon-El), currently aren't around. What's going on?
    First of all, there's a massive split between fans of New 52 Superman and Superdad/Post-Crisis Superman, and I mean MASSIVE.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Ah yes. The word hate can be sadly intertwined with other emotions that don't even produce hate. I believe it's such a strong word to use and would be ridiculous to use it towards a fictional character lmao. And I'm also not that salty over the direction yet because I'll know what I'll feel about it when the story progresses. Right now, it's too early to judge.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to Super Sons as I read from forums and critics that it's very good, and so is The Wild Storm. But I found it hard to read TWS because I don't know anything about the WildStorm universe apart from the fact that Midnighter and Apollo are from there.
    Thats ok! I just personally, i just im not like getting behind their relationship, but thats just me lol i know that because of how it started, i wont be able to come to terms with it, issue #15 like i said did not change my mind, and i dont think #16 will either :/ im just hoping #16 doesnt get soap opera on me. hate is a strong word, i try not to use it often unless i absolutely mean it.

I wanna read supersons too. I hear so many good things about it! I need to get paid first so i can buy it. Ive never heard of the wild storm before xD

BANNED

First of all, there's a massive split between fans of New 52 Superman and Superdad/Post-Crisis Superman, and I mean MASSIVE.
    Well, I'd only add more flames if I went in.

IMO, Pre-Flashpoint Superman: Not one of my favorite characters, but still a brilliant representation of what it means to be a hero.
    Post Flashpoint Superman: SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS, and I'm glad he's dead.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Well, I'd only add more flames if I went in.

IMO, Pre-Flashpoint Superman: Not one of my favorite characters, but still a brilliant representation of what it means to be a hero.
    Post Flashpoint Superman: SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS, and I'm glad he's dead.
    I personally disagree, he's not that different from Superdad. except for the darker world around him. anyway, I'm staying out of that argument. it's a good thing I've vented a lot on Reddit before joining this site as a user.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

BANNED

I personally disagree, he's not that different from Superdad. except for the darker world around him. anyway, I'm staying out of that argument. it's a good thing I've vented a lot on Reddit before joining this site as a user.
    And you're more than entitled to that opinion, and I respect it.

For me though, part of the reason Superman simultaneously isn't one of my favorite characters and yet is someone I respect, is because, IMO Superman should not be a character with flaws. He should be the perfect hero that inspires others and acts as a father figure for all those around him. (Hence why I think Jon was a good idea).

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    ....... this sounds exciting! lol could this have to do with Shawn or Damian?

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post

Well, I'm hearing that America #1 seems like a solid issue. I'll give Marvel a try with this. Instead of me to drop more comics, I'm just adding them to my already busy schedule.

What if Shawn is preggers ;D?

BANNED

What if Shawn is preggers ;D?
    Then I guess we know who Tim/Cass/Damian's Robin will be if any of them ever become Batman. XD