Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I see your point. I think we can blame compressed time scale on how long Rebirth is meant to last. And hey, at least Dick has been more in character in this book than the New 52 title. Although the BEST Dick we've seen since DickBats was him as an agent of Spyral.
    i actually disagree. I think since n52, the best dick was written by Higgins! Seeley is definitely up there in terms of plot development, but in terms of characterization, Higgins destroys him lol but thats just me ^-^ Higgin's run was definitely ruined by the crossovers though :/ I like Agent of Spyral dick, but at the same time, i hate how he was used as a sex object. i like Seeley i honestly do, but this fandom version of Dick is not doing it for me, he is appeasing too much to the fandoms vs actually writing the character correctly (which i can see why because he is probably trying to avoid another Grayson fiasco). I always thought n52/rebirth Batgirl and Nightwing are pretty the male and female versions of each other :/

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Na, that was in an alternate universe. Anything can happen there and it's like all your headcanons became a dream come true there.
    Here, I'm talking about Prime Earth where it's the real deal here.
    cry let me live please?

Incredible Member

And there was the time he fake married someone he thought was killing her husbands (she did not know it was fake).

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    And there was the time he fake married someone he thought was killing her husbands (she did not know it was fake).
    Nightwing Annual #01 (1997)

Not a good comic tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    i actually disagree. I think since n52, the best dick was written by Higgins! Seeley is definitely up there in terms of plot development, but in terms of characterization, Higgins destroys him lol but thats just me ^-^ Higgin's run was definitely ruined by the crossovers though :/ I like Agent of Spyral dick, but at the same time, i hate how he was used as a sex object. i like Seeley i honestly do, but this fandom version of Dick is not doing it for me, he is appeasing too much to the fandoms vs actually writing the character correctly (which i can see why because he is probably trying to avoid another Grayson fiasco). I always thought n52/rebirth Batgirl and Nightwing are pretty the male and female versions of each other :/
    That's part of why I don't like New52 Nightwing. I HATE New52 Batgirl.

And yeah, Dick as a sex object was...troubling. And very much fan pandoring. On my college campus alone, I can tell you all the ladies love some Dick Grayson ass.

cry let me live please?
    Come to think of it, remember in the preview when after both of them were kissing and Dick had to charge off to fight the criminals, Shawn was like '... and then maybe we'll talk.' We knew from this dialogue that she's hiding something. Hoo! This could be one of the hints lol. BUT I HOPE IT'S NOT. Damn, why did you ever think of preggers >.<?

That's part of why I don't like New52 Nightwing. I HATE New52 Batgirl.

And yeah, Dick as a sex object was...troubling. And very much fan pandoring. On my college campus alone, I can tell you all the ladies love some Dick Grayson ass.
    Yeah n52 nightwing with Higgins was doing really well but they just had to ruin it! Dick was always somewhat of a sex object, but it wasnt until Grayson that Seeley REALLY heightened that fact. Even in rebirth its commented on how hot he is. This is why i think it sounds like a teen fanfic of Dick because he sounds like a teen tbh but i know Seeley is doing it to appease to the fandoms that ripped him for GRayson! But, if he had just reverted Dick back to what he was before n52, it would have been 10x better for everyone. I know the fandom really proposed the idea of Dick being the hot, sexy, dad type guy who is basically a hipster, but that Dick is not the Dick i know lol but is appeases the fandom women like you said so we are stuck wtih this version of dick until seeley is don with him xD i just dont know if personally ill stick around until the end.

I doubt Shawn is pregnant, but who knows.
    It would be a riot here, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Come to think of it, remember in the preview when after both of them were kissing and Dick had to charge off to fight the criminals, Shawn was like '... and then maybe we'll talk.' We knew from this dialogue that she's hiding something. Hoo! This could be one of the hints lol. BUT I HOPE IT'S NOT. Damn, why did you ever think of preggers >.<?
    Because Seeley is trying to make see how important shawn is dick, but in all honesty, the more he rushes this relationship, the more people will start to be put off it. IF dick mentions marriage or even pregnancy, he will probably get really bad reviews for this issue. I dont think Seeley will do that, but you never know. i know Shawn is important to Dick, but seeley never tried to make her important to me as the reader, so personally its hard for me to see this relationship going anywhere because i know Dick already and its like im seeing him do something he would never do all because Seeley wanted to give dick a new love interest right away when he didnt even need one. Its like watching a friend make bad decisions you know they would never make but they are because they got blinders on and i blame seeley for that ):

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing Annual #01 (1997)

Not a good comic tho.
    Are they ever

Either way I'm fairly certain that Shawns just kidnapped. Especially when you take the solicitations for #17+ into consideration. Also, I'm looking at #21 and thinking "back in Bludhaven so soon? We've been here for years." I curse everyone who wanted this.
    Last edited by HellHere; 02-28-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Are they ever

Either way I'm fairly certain that Shawns just kidnapped. Especially when you take the solicitations for #17+ into consideration. Also, I'm looking at #21 and thinking "back in Bludhaven so soon? We've been here for years." I curse everyone who wanted this.
    yeah im sure she is just kidnapped lol but we also dont know who that loved one is in #19, it could be anyone Dick is close too. This is why i wish Seeley established more characters for Dick to interact with and give us a pool of characters to work with, because the fact that people know its Shawn, it ruins the mystery and fun behind it.

BANNED

yeah im sure she is just kidnapped lol but we also dont know who that loved one is in #19, it could be anyone Dick is close too. This is why i wish Seeley established more characters for Dick to interact with and give us a pool of characters to work with, because the fact that people know its Shawn, it ruins the mystery and fun behind it.
    It'd be nice if Seeley brought back some of the supporting cast from Dick's days as a cop. Not likely to happen though...

Are they ever

She was kidnapped in the end of the last issue, no surprise there. So probably it's something else. Could actually be about Deathwing.

It'd be nice if Seeley brought back some of the supporting cast from Dick's days as a cop. Not likely to happen though...
    naw it looks like Seeley is probably just gonna use Shawn as Dick's source of comming back to bludhaven it seems :/ (really boring but its whatever) i really wish Dick's reason for comming back to bludhaven was because he wanted to, not because he felt obligate to come back for Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She was kidnapped in the end of the last issue, no surprise there. So probably it's something else. Could actually be about Deathwing.
    yeah but there is talk that the beginning of this issue happens before Shawn gets kidnapped. But then again, i dont think so because Shawn was talking all happy about Dick in the last issue, so ti could have very well been Dick who took her out the window to play around with her you know?