Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

CBR's exclusive announcement: Jay Garrick returns in Flash #22

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I'm loving the new take on Jay's costume. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    I'm loving the new take on Jay's costume. Sweet.
    The gloves are a bit oddly designed, but look okay. The boots are perfect.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

The gloves are a bit oddly designed, but look okay. The boots are perfect.
    It looks like he's burning through the cover of Flash comics #1 too. Very cool.

Williamson has been giving us the best Flash since Geoff Johns wrote the title, I have no doubts his Jay Garrick arc will be better than the terrible Flash season 2 story.

BANNED

So on Earth 2, there will be 'young' Jay and on the main Earth there will be the pensioner. I fail to see why this is a good thing to be honest.

Nice!!!

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So on Earth 2, there will be 'young' Jay and on the main Earth there will be the pensioner. I fail to see why this is a good thing to be honest.
    Maybe there will be. Maybe there won't.

They killed off New 52 Superman when they brought back Lois and Clark from pre-Flashpoint.
    But they also now have 2 Wally Wests.
    And we're still waiting to see what happens in the final issue of Earth 2 next month.

My point is, we don't yet know which of the 2 options--keep both in continuity or eliminate one of them--they will end up going with.

Let's not assume the worst. The cover looks great and it's plotted by Geoff Johns so whichever method they go with, I feel confident most fans will be happy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I prefer the idea of Jay Garrick existing in another universe. But they cocked up the entire Earth 2 mythos really badly after James Robinson quit the title, so for me it's a relief to get a "back to basics" JSA on Earth 0.

It should also be noted that we don't know how old this Jay Garrick will be. If he was in some sort of stasis since the 1950s then he should only be in his 30s.
    Last edited by Lee; 02-24-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I prefer the idea of Jay Garrick existing in another universe. But they cocked up the entire Earth 2 mythos really badly after James Robinson quit the title, so for me it's a relief to get a "back to basics" JSA on Earth 0.

It should also be noted that we don't know how old this Jay Garrick will be. If he was in some sort of stasis since the 1950s then he should only be in his 30s.

Same here although I do hope that the Earth 2 Power Girl and Huntress survive and join the returning JSA.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Heck yeah! Can't wait! Interesting that both Jay Garrick and Eobard Thawne are both returning from the speed force during the button storyline.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Heck yeah! Can't wait! Interesting that both Jay Garrick and Eobard Thawne are both returning from the speed force during the button storyline.
    And DC is releasing the Golden Age Flash Rebirth story on the one year anniversary of the Wally West Rebirth story.

Very, very cool.

Damn. Fabok is a fucking beast.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

And DC is releasing the Golden Age Flash Rebirth story on the one year anniversary of the Wally West Rebirth story.

Very, very cool.
    Ohhh Very very cool indeed!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

While you can't tell much from silhouette, it looks like this is a younger Jay. At least the costume tweaks suggest that.

I really, really wish DC would stop with the fingerless glove looks, but it's great to have Jay back.