Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I don't know about that. I mean, Jay never really looked out of shape:
    Wasn't referring to his shape so much as the fact he's now wearing modernized boots and the fingerless glove look. It doesn't suggest old man, and I'm skeptical he's from the distant past, unless he's somehow been in the modern day for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    If Jay was in his 20s or 30s during World War II, then he'd be in his 40s or 50s when the JSA was hidden by Johnny's magic thunderbolt in the 1950s. The same with all members of the JSA.
    If the JSA was Thunderbolted in 1951, then they would only have 10 years or so of experience, making them the same age and experience as the JL and most current DC heroes.

A poster on Bleeding Cool pointed out that Red Robin's name is at the bottom of the image. That's a deliberate change from the original it's invoking, so there has to be some meaning to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Heck yeah! Can't wait! Interesting that both Jay Garrick and Eobard Thawne are both returning from the speed force during the button storyline.
    But . . . will we ever see them in the same room together?!?

I just hope it's not a new version (with a slight twist) of

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . will we ever see them in the same room together?!?

I just hope it's not a new version (with a slight twist) of
    Hahaha! Yeah I hope not!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Was Jay hidden by Johnny's magic thunderbolt though is the question. Jay's helmet seems to have been floating around in the Speed Force in that issue of Flash and that made me wonder if it's possible Jay was somehow pulled into it even though he has no connection to it. Would that even be possible?
    Not sure. But I'm not too overly concerned about how Jay was saved from the ravages of time. All that matters is that the story is well-written and lovingly illustrated.

I'd really like it if you turn out to be right because I think it could work out and I would happily buy both books if that happened.
    Thanks!

Case in point: if you can have Titans, Teen Titans and the inevitable Young Justice Rebirth (once the cartoon is relaunched), then there is no reason you can't have the JSA and Earth 2.

There are plenty of heroes between the two of them to easily support 2 teams. If JSA Rebirth is a monster hit, then it is not entirely impossible for there to eventually be an Earth 2 Rebirth as well.

Looks awesome. Made me a lot more excited for this crossover.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

And so the JSA's long-awaited return has begun...

http://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-jay-gar...-batman-flash/

Attachment 45796
    Wow, that cover is awesome! And I can't believe that jay is finally back!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't normally bother with variant covers, but I preordered all 4 lenticular covers because they look fantastic.

Oh my, Jay will be back! April can't come soon enough.

I don't like the gloves, but the rest is so glorious I can certainly live with that. Also, I like that he is burning through the first issue of Flash comics, except I guess it is written only the Flash and there is a Red Robin. Does it mean he coming from the 40s? Is Tim in there? That would make Jay the mysterious person he saw in Dectetive Comics.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I don't normally bother with variant covers, but I preordered all 4 lenticular covers because they look fantastic.
    This. Usually I wouldn't feed the variant beast but with these I had to. They are spectacular.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Wasn't referring to his shape so much as the fact he's now wearing modernized boots and the fingerless glove look. It doesn't suggest old man, and I'm skeptical he's from the distant past, unless he's somehow been in the modern day for a while.
    I mean, I don't know if that's indicative of anything. The Flash family can remake their costumes from speed force energy can't they? Plus, if they're concentrating on embracing Pre-FP status quos, I think introducing him as a younger man would go directly against that.

Astonishing Member

If Jay was in his 20s or 30s during World War II, then he'd be in his 40s or 50s when the JSA was hidden by Johnny's magic thunderbolt in the 1950s. The same with all members of the JSA.
    Jay Garrick became the Flash when he was a college student in 1940. Traditionally the JSA are shown to have disbanded in 1951 (when their series was cancelled). At that point Jay Garrick would have been in his early 30s at most.

Any chance they de-age him just a little bit? I still have no interest in the JSA as geriatrics. 50s is enough of a generational gap. Or make them all time travelers or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, I don't know if that's indicative of anything. The Flash family can remake their costumes from speed force energy can't they? Plus, if they're concentrating on embracing Pre-FP status quos, I think introducing him as a younger man would go directly against that.
    It may not be. Who can say about the Speed Force -- Jay's power wasn't originally from that, but I don't think we can assume anything now. But either way, that outfit doesn't suggest 50-year-old (or senior citizen). The design update was deliberate, and that means something.