Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I think they will be older and connected to WWII. I just don't think they will have been continuously active. That, to me, is the best compromise of preserving their origins and legacy while not having half of them dead of old age. I'd rather have Wes Dodds alive than the setup we had before. The old JLA-JSA team ups were meetings of peers rather than young heroes and senior citizens.
    Honestly, I would rather have them dead of old age than have them back but be neutered by having their history as part of the DCU removed. It would basically be the New 52 all over again: we'd have a guy who looks like Jay Garrick back, but not the Jay Garrick. Just like we had a guy who looked like Superman, but didn't feel like the real Superman.

Plus, if the JSA hadn't been continually active, that just means that a bunch of other fan favorite characters, like Jade and Obsidian and Jesse Quick would never come back. I mean, does anybody think that that's a good idea?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    No reason Jay and Alan couldn't have been around to have shown those heroes the ropes before being "erased" by Thunderbolt.
    Johnny specifically mentions McCarthy. The Justice Society went missing in the 1950s.

There's no indication of any altered memories either. The Justice Society was a secret team.

Incredible Member

Interesting. So they're coming back directly from 1951 like the DC Universe Rebirth Special suggested. That means their Post-Crisis adventures, Infinity Inc., etc. didn't happen and we'll get a new and fresh JSA the whole DC Universe is knowing for the first time.

That also means Jay's appearances in Wally's tenure as The Flash wouldn't happen, even if they end up restoring that part of history (which I highly doubt since that would age the characters a lot).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Johnny specifically mentions McCarthy. The Justice Society went missing in the 1950s.

There's no indication of any altered memories either. The Justice Society was a secret team.
    Again, then how did Wally remember them? How does it make sense that a guy who is supposedly in his late 20s remembers a team that disappeared before he was even born? How does it make sense that he'd remember them if they didn't have some sort of history with the current time DCU heroes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    That also means Jay's appearances in Wally's tenure as The Flash wouldn't happen, even if they end up restoring that part of history (which I highly doubt since that would age the characters a lot).
    But Wally remembers being the Flash? How can they not restore that history when one of their most high profile characters explicitly remembers it???
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-24-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Incredible Member

But Wally remembers being the Flash? How can they not restore that history when one of their most high profile character remembers it???
    He had to let go of all those memories in issue #6 of Titans. Pre-Flashpoint history is not coming back except for bits and pieces.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    He had to let go of all those memories in issue #6 of Titans. Pre-Flashpoint history is not coming back except for bits and pieces.
    Except he didn't "let go." He didn't forget. He's still shown to remember it in the very next issue. And then in the issue after that.

Again, then how did Wally remember them? How does it make sense that a guy who is supposedly in his late 20s remembers a team that disappeared before he was even born? How does it make sense that he'd remember them if they didn't have some sort of history with the current time DCU heroes?
    But Wally remembers being the Flash? How can they not restore that history when one of their most high profile characters explicitly remembers it???
    Wally, at the time he recalled being The Flash and the JSA, had all his post-Crisis memories and was bouncing back and forth to people connected to his history.

Those have slowly faded as he's become acclimated into the current universe, even if they pop up now and again.

Astonishing Member

Wally was so deep in the Speed Force that he was basically connected to all of time and space.

You can wish for it to turn out your way, but I imagine you'll only end up disappointing yourself. Remember Max Lord?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wally, at the time he recalled being The Flash and the JSA, had all his post-Crisis memories and was bouncing back and forth to people connected to his history.

Those have slowly faded as he's become acclimated into the current universe, even if they pop up now and again.
    I thought Abnett said he plans to have Wally remember more as time goes on, not less.

Except he didn't "let go." He didn't forget. He's still shown to remember it in the very next issue.
    Yeah. And my mind is still reeling with every issue of Titans where Donna Troy talks about, well, everything from her Pre-Crisis past--her career as a photographer, her being rescued from a fire and taken to Themyscira (!!), her stepmother Stacey Hinckley, etc. Mind boggled!

Turning this back to Wally, the exact DC book escapes me at the moment but at least 1 or 2 characters in some books have referenced "The Crisis." I have a sneaking suspicion a whole helluva lot of DCU continuity is going to be restored.

Hell, just wait until Greg Weisman's Young Justice 3 is released! I'm anticipating Bart, Kon-El, Cassie and so much more. Wally West, Jay Garrick, the JSA and LSH returning are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Extraordinary Member

Wally was so deep in the Speed Force that he was basically connected to all of time and space.

You can wish for it to turn out your way, but I imagine you'll only end up disappointing yourself. Remember Max Lord?
    Yeah, and remember how Max Lord had the exact same origin as before Flashpoint? And remember that Abnett said Wally would remember more, not less, as time went on?

Astonishing Member

Yeah, and remember how Max Lord had the exact same origin as before Flashpoint?
    I remember you spent weeks telling everyone that Max Lord was definitely going to have complete knowledge of the pre-Flashpoint timeline in JL vs SS.

Extraordinary Member

I remember you spent weeks telling everyone that Max Lord was definitely going to have complete knowledge of the pre-Flashpoint timeline in JL vs SS.
    And I remember you (and others) saying Wally was going to forget completely the Pre-Flashpoint timeline, and then Abnett saying the opposite.

And bottom line: Jay and the JSA would be effectively neutered and degraded if they didn't have some sort of history with the DCU beyond 1951
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-24-2017 at 08:36 PM.

I was kind of disappointed they didn't capitalize on that possibility after all the teases that he did have said knowledge, but all the teases to the Rebirth storyline kind of got dropped once Eclispo stepped into the picture...